News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

George Lucas on a Bench

Well, the last photo above with the stagecoach wedged in a space it could never have gotten in, railings everywhere and an unthemed paved road behind a weird assembly of things forming presumably a gate is one of the worst themed areas I've ever seen. Like I said, it seems to have been designed with the rudimentary Roller Coaster Tycoon game and then translated to real life.

Ismael Flores

In those aerial photos, there is a building on the far right side of the construction. The somewhat "L" shaped building is linked to the other buildings with a catwalk on roof.

Anyone know if this is just a backstage building and will the large piece of dirt area that is getting pipes put in also backstage area? It would be interesting if it is actually a guest area with a nice detailed court area.

Hatbox Ghostbuster

You had to do it.
Unfunny jokes are still unfunny

giphy.gif

TP2000

As I've long suspected (and mentioned), as newer photos come in you can see that the approach paths and entry areas for this land use more land at Disneyland compared to DHS. The central area of the lands look to be identical, but it's the entry areas that differ the most, especially the extra land on the western end from Critter Country to the Battle Escape ride. You can also see how this was obviously designed first for Disneyland, then shoehorned in to DHS at a later date.

That said, the central marketplace area in front of the MF ride looks.... really cramped. Can you imagine the crowds and gridlock this will create next summer? It will make the alleys of New Orleans Square seem like a giant shopping mall by comparison.

https://micechat.com/203028-star-wars-land-update-with-aerial-photos/
EPSG3857_Date20180702_Lat33.814455_Lon-117.921237_Mpp0.075.jpg

TP2000

What is that long and narrow building southwest of the Battle Escape show building? Doesn't appear to be present in the DHS version.

That's the Fantasmic! boat storage barn that is buried under the berm. It is accessed via the hidden portal behind the waterfall along the railroad trestle before you get to the Indian Village.

Fantasmic boats and barges enter through the A-frame under the trestle, after they turn off the waterfall.
skdjfh031.jpg

mickEblu

As I've long suspected (and mentioned), as newer photos come in you can see that the approach paths and entry areas for this land use more land at Disneyland compared to DHS. The central area of the lands look to be identical, but it's the entry areas that differ the most, especially the extra land on the western end from Critter Country to the Battle Escape ride. You can also see how this was obviously designed first for Disneyland, then shoehorned in to DHS at a later date.

That said, the central marketplace area in front of the MF ride looks.... really cramped. Can you imagine the crowds and gridlock this will create next summer? It will make the alleys of New Orleans Square seem like a giant shopping mall by comparison.

https://micechat.com/203028-star-wars-land-update-with-aerial-photos/
EPSG3857_Date20180702_Lat33.814455_Lon-117.921237_Mpp0.075.jpg

Actually. I don’t think you ve mentioned this before. 😉

Lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom