News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

britain

They re putting in like 8 more pine trees to block that view right?

I'm going to guess no. That shot has been zoomed in on, so you'd really have to look for that structure to find it. I'm glad 95% of SW:GE that's visible to Rivers of America guests is rock and wilderness, but I'm also glad there's that little 5% that you can find if you want a peek at Star Wars.

mickEblu

I'm going to guess no. That shot has been zoomed in on, so you'd really have to look for that structure to find it. I'm glad 95% of SW:GE that's visible to Rivers of America guests is rock and wilderness, but I'm also glad there's that little 5% that you can find if you want a peek at Star Wars.

I’d rather it be 0 but I’m glad that it’s only 5% non rock / trees.

On another note, when are they going to block the view of Space Mountain from the top of Chikapin hill?

shortstop

It's either 8 more trees or one more AA stormtrooper or a green CM in a bikini and tail hat.
I think a giant cutout of this guy would block the view well:

2FAD9B1A-76D0-443B-97E7-65BE080A65CB.png

D

Deleted member 107043

Looks too Star Warsy, no?

Doesn't bother me really since the building isn't technically in Frontierland, but I guess it's kind of jarring to see a Star Wars building poking up back there. I'm sure the trees will block it eventually.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ismael Flores

I kind of like how you can see hints if the land.
It’s kind of when you go on Splash mountain and you see hints of tomorrowland and the Matterhorn in the distance. Can’t help saying “Oh look there is space mountain”. Every time

Last edited:

The Mur

You don't even need to go on Splash to see bits of the Matterhorn from NO Square or Critter Country areas. I don't have a problem with those little visual intrusions; they hint at the other exciting elements awaiting us.

PB Watermelon

I think some people obsessed about perfect isolation within the realms would have had a stroke riding the sky-way buckets. At Disneyland, all these ideas are smashed into each other, the transitions at the Magic Kingdom are more fluid. But the "smashed transitions" of Disneyland start the moment you go under the arch and you're presented with Main Street, and at the end of which, is a big fairy tale castle. Disneyland is not about perfect isolation. It's about a collision of ideas. No, you don't want spacemen cast members walking around in Frontierland, when you're on stage, you're on stage. But even in 1955, the opening experience of Disneyland was a collision of realities. Your brain starts clicking and you're out of your element the moment you see the castle at the end of Main Street. This is not a bad thing.

Last edited:

PB Watermelon

One more thing...if you're standing by the Mark Twain, you can swivel your head and see Critter Country, New Orleans Square, Adventureland, Frontierland, Tom Sawyer's Island, and the spires of Sleeping Beauty's Castle. If you're at the Hub, you can see Main Street, Fantasyland, Tomorrowland, Frontierland, Adventureland...the rock work for Galaxy's Edge does serve as a blend from Frontierland and Critter Country to a new realm.

BrianLo

Original Poster
What are the typical seasons in SoCal? Aka why are there so many naked deciduous trees on the berm. Is it not yet spring for you guys?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom