News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

TP2000

@TP2000

I think you may have finally been vindicated.

From latest micechat rumor article:

"The good news for Disneyland is that all three entry portals are longer and have more square footage for more people than the two short entry tunnels at the WDW version, plus Disneyland will have more acreage and breathing room on the western half of the land leading up to and in front of the Battle Escape Stormtrooper ride. But even with that extra elbow room in Anaheim’s version, much of the west side of Disneyland will be heavily impacted as the crowds ebb and flow into and out of Star Wars Land beginning in 2019."

Oh, how funny! I missed that Miceage Update earlier this week, so thanks for tipping me off to it a couple days later. It makes sense. But my gosh will Disneyland be packed in 2019, no matter how much extra "elbow room" there is on that western side of the land!

Nobody ever denied that was true. It is. Why that's the case is what has been discussed.

It is interesting, isn't it? Both lands seem to be hemmed in by major roadways that forced the two identical ride warehouses to back right up against them with only minimal extra space for "backstage"; World Drive and the DHS entry lanes for the DHS version, and Disneyland Drive for the Disneyland version. It's the Star Wars Land space and land layout on the "onstage" side of those ride warehouses that seem to be going in noticeably different spatial layouts. And Miceage seems to confirm that and what it means for Disneyland's version, which will need all the extra elbow room it can get.

It will be quite interesting to see how these two lands differ in 2019!

britain

Oh, how funny! And Miceage seems to confirm that and what it means for Disneyland's version, which will need all the extra elbow room it can get.

It will be quite interesting to see how these two lands differ in 2019!

Disneyland will also have a "slow dissolve" going from Critter Country wilderness into Galaxy's Edge wilderness. DHS will have "jump cuts."

britain

I'm surprised no other photo or video blogger besides Yensid55 has noticed the exciting progress the village is making:

upload_2017-10-5_15-33-52.png

britain

That’s because he and his daughter are the most awesome! Love their updates the most.

You know how kewl he is? While the other vloggers are saying things like "I'm sure there's progress, but I can't see it," Yensid and daughter are noticing things like:

This upside-down L, perfect for hanging a Tie-Fighter on it.
upload_2017-10-6_10-2-32.png

And doing really impressive before and after dissolves, like this retaining wall now nearly completely buried:
upload_2017-10-6_10-1-0.png

upload_2017-10-6_10-1-26.png

Hatbox Ghostbuster

Old Mouseketeer

View attachment 235574

Found this shot from a video on Tested, and I thought I'd add my thoughts regarding the last part of MF's queue experience. I'm guessing there will be 4 ramps (one for each turntable) with partially built Falcons for the 'walking up the ramp' experience, different from the full scale Falcon at the front of the attraction. I sure hope the queue-splitting-up-to-the-four-turntables happens earlier than "being on the ship." Otherwise they'd need to have an awful lot of additional hallways that simply aren't in the ship, and they'll hope we fans don't notice.

Hey @JediMasterMatt what do you think? Warm? Cold?

There is an alternative--rather than going up the ramp (necessitating an exterior to the falcon) one diagram I've seen specifies docking rings on the port and starboard sides. I wonder if there might also be a separate partial falcon (starboard side only) at the position immediately to the right.

Another possibility would be entering through the port side docking ring and exiting out the starboard side. This would allow walling off the the cargo space at the rear and further shrinking the footprint. Here's a crude idea.

Falcon5.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom