News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

D

Deleted member 107043

*Beware, biased rant ahead*

I may have damaged an extraocular muscle from rolling my eyes at the video of the bonehead drone dudes. What is up with grown adult men who have nothing better to do than go to Disneyland (of all places) and pull pranks like these? It's times like this when I hate the self congratulatory fame that the internet blog culture has wrought. Just go to the park and ride the rides. Nobody needs this level foolishness.

*Rant over*

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

I may have damaged an extraocular muscle from rolling my eyes at the video of the bonehead drone dudes. What is up with grown adult men who have nothing better to do than go to Disneyland (of all places) and pull pranks like these? It's times like this when I hate the self congratulatory fame that the internet blog culture has wrought. Just go to the park and ride the rides. Nobody needs this level foolishness.

*Rant over*

I'll fix this for you...

Dear Boneheads.

@Dr. Hans Reinhardt wants you to keep your drones away from Disneyland. I hear he as a nice front lawn on which you can fly your drones. Have a good time!

Hatbox Ghostbuster

*Rant over*
1536.gif

NobodyElse

Our favorite lady blogger returns with more great footage. I always like those slow motion drive-by's she does as she arrives at the parking structure.

I did the bypass drive-by on Monday (from Ball to Katella). The scale of those show buildings in person is quite impressive.

On another note, there was a large crane set up in near the Grand Californian, that appeared to be set up to span Goofy's Sky School with the cable dropping down somewhere around it's queue area. Does anybody know what's going on there?

dweezil78

*Rant over*

Huh... I actually thought it was a cool video. Did not realize that there are drones that literally will not take off in restricted areas via GPS geo-fencing. That is pretty interesting. Did not perceive it as a prank at all, seemed like they knew what they were doing. But maybe I am naive and just not very pessimistic today! :D

shortstop

On another note, there was a large crane set up in near the Grand Californian, that appeared to be set up to span Goofy's Sky School with the cable dropping down somewhere around it's queue area. Does anybody know what's going on there?
There was definitely a crane over Goofy's, and the entire attraction is behind walls for its refurb. I am curious what they are doing to it that requires a crane. I was going to post a photo on Saturday into the Pixar Pier thread although everyone seems to have lost interest in the topic :hilarious:

jmuboy

I was at the DLR for a long weekend visiting form the east coast this past weekend. This was the first time seeing the resort in person in 18 months. WOW - like everyone says...the scale of the ride buildings in SW:GE is insane. And as nervous as I was about the RoA and Big Thunder Trail rebuilds, in person they are practically perfect (there were some minor nitpicks I had). Seeing the parking deck in Critter Country and from the rivers near Fantasmic viewing area still drove me crazy. Until the new trees along the back of the river grow in and more new trees are planted on the Star Wars side of the project this area will still have some awkward vistas as opposed to its former heavily wooded condition.

Another thing I noticed is how incredibly tight the area around the trail accessing SW:GE is from Hungry Bear. The hard right after you come out of the train tunnel with that wall in front of you (and the parking deck looming practically right behind that wall) will create an interesting screening project. I assume that blank wall will get a rock face to match the rock facing on the ride buildings. It’s all fascinating to see come together.

TP2000

Good insight jmuboy, thanks. For those of us AP's who are used to seeing this in person every few weeks, it's easy to forget that it can be quite jarring to see it in person for the first time. Like you said, the huge scale here is unprecedented and can't be captured in photos or YouTube.

Speaking of that, our lady blogger has returned with a new trip on the very top deck of the Mark Twain. This is where you get the best views of the new land, as even just one deck lower (or on the Columbia) the buildings become obscured almost completely.

Last edited:

Axoman

@TP2000

I think you may have finally been vindicated.

From latest micechat rumor article:

"The good news for Disneyland is that all three entry portals are longer and have more square footage for more people than the two short entry tunnels at the WDW version, plus Disneyland will have more acreage and breathing room on the western half of the land leading up to and in front of the Battle Escape Stormtrooper ride. But even with that extra elbow room in Anaheim’s version, much of the west side of Disneyland will be heavily impacted as the crowds ebb and flow into and out of Star Wars Land beginning in 2019."

Last edited:

mickEblu

@TP2000

I think you may have finally be vindicated.

"The good news for Disneyland is that all three entry portals are longer and have more square footage for more people than the two short entry tunnels at the WDW version, plus Disneyland will have more acreage and breathing room on the western half of the land leading up to and in front of the Battle Escape Stormtrooper ride. But even with that extra elbow room in Anaheim’s version, much of the west side of Disneyland will be heavily impacted as the crowds ebb and flow into and out of Star Wars Land beginning in 2019."

All true and great. Still wish it was going anywhere but Disneyland. I'm looking at you Simba lot. Paradise Pier hotel could have been turned into a Star Wars hotel right next to Star Wars Land with special entry and all kinds of perks. They could have included it as part of DCA or as an add on for x amount dollars to any ticket.

Anyway I would gladly trade in shorter entry tunnels if it meant a new location.

No Name

@TP2000

I think you may have finally been vindicated.

Nobody ever denied that was true. It is. Why that's the case is what has been discussed.

Last edited:

britain

upload_2017-10-4_10-1-11.png

Found this shot from a video on Tested, and I thought I'd add my thoughts regarding the last part of MF's queue experience. I'm guessing there will be 4 ramps (one for each turntable) with partially built Falcons for the 'walking up the ramp' experience, different from the full scale Falcon at the front of the attraction. I sure hope the queue-splitting-up-to-the-four-turntables happens earlier than "being on the ship." Otherwise they'd need to have an awful lot of additional hallways that simply aren't in the ship, and they'll hope we fans don't notice.

Hey @JediMasterMatt what do you think? Warm? Cold?

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom