News Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser to permanently close this fall

mattpeto

This is interesting, contractor is Sunstate Awning & Graphic Design...

201 S STUDIO DR(STAR WARS: GALACTIC STARCRUISER) - General Construction
I really really really doubt it, but I wonder if they would include Starcruiser in the new rumored DVC Trust thing. It's a guaranteed way to fill in the rooms, but they would have to add some amenities.

The best future is don't waste the building and the experience. Expand DHS and Galaxy's Edge to incorporate into a new attraction experience and use ILL to offset costs.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I really really really doubt it, but I wonder if they would include Starcruiser in the new rumored DVC Trust thing. It's a guaranteed way to fill in the rooms, but they would have to add some amenities.

The best future is don't waste the building and the experience. Expand DHS and Galaxy's Edge to incorporate into a new attraction experience and use ILL to offset costs.

Nobody wanted it…

And i think to repurpose it you’d have to pretty much rebuild it from the ground up.

But I wouldn’t put it past them to try to use it as some kind of upsell during the day for limited hours. It would be pattern.

Bob has never failed…neither has Star Wars.

Even if they both have by any reasonable measure here.

SpaceMountain77

Given its location and existing design, I would think this to be an easy Buzz Lightyear & Zurg hotel flip. Aside from the Toy Story building at All Star Movies, Walt Disney World does not have a dedicated Toy Story Resort.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Given its location and existing design, I would think this to be an easy Buzz Lightyear & Zurg hotel flip. Aside from the Toy Story building at All Star Movies, Walt Disney World does not have a dedicated Toy Story Resort.
There’s rooms available all over the place in the places they already got…daily.

They’re average occupancy is as low as it’s been in 20 years - I hear

EPCOT-O.G.

I don’t see how this would work? Aren’t all current DVCs considered Deluxe? As it stands, this resort lacks amenities that all the value resorts have, and is not easily retrofitted to add on those basic deluxe-level expectations…

JD80

Awnings and nothing but. It's a weird thing to be installing (or removing) at this point.
1706458803112.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom