News Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser to permanently close this fall

MagicHappens1971

Did any of the high profile celebs who are Disney fans do it? Holly Madison et Al
I wouldn't say any super "high profile", Ashley Eckstein (Ahsoka's voice actress) did it twice, Bob Weiss (former WDI) did it, Frankie Grande (Ariana's brother) has done it quite a few times, Andrew Bart Feldman (did it at least once). I'm sure I'm missing a few, but this is just off the top of my head.

Mickey's Pal

An internet nerdgrage culture that thinks they can get something cancelled by getting enough people on social media to post that they hate it. In absence of a real critique, they latch onto something that they can label "CRINGE!!!!!1!1" as if that were a cogent or honest critique.

This is in place of stating "Doesn't appeal to me, pass" and getting on with their lives. Unfortunately, they're stuck in the herd mentality of trying to control all of pop culture with a cult-like re-re-reposting of their hate. I feel sorry for them, their way of life is so... cringe.
Well it did get cancelled. So....

asianway

I wouldn't say any super "high profile", Ashley Eckstein (Ahsoka's voice actress) did it twice, Bob Weiss (former WDI) did it, Frankie Grande (Ariana's brother) has done it quite a few times, Andrew Bart Feldman (did it at least once). I'm sure I'm missing a few, but this is just off the top of my head.
Interesting I was wondering if it scared them away having to mingle with the common folk

AmishGuy91

Ashley was on my cruise and we were grouped into both lightsaber and bridge training together. I'd say the majority of people didn't know who she was (or acted as they didn't) and those that did were very respectful and didn't bother her.

I was one of the ones that bothered her lol. Like you said she's not super known, so I think she did appreciate those that knew her and expressed gratitude for her work. The next day, as my family was resting at a table in Galaxy's Edge, she came over and talked to us for awhile.

Smiley/OCD

I don't think anyone is defending the business model, obviously the ROI just isn't there at those price levels. I'm only saying from a creative point of view, Disney knocked it out of the park and that's my point. People are pointing to those line dancing videos as proof that it was a bad product. The product was fantastic, the business model wasn't.
Contrary to popular belief (and probably sacrilegious to many) the world doesn’t revolve around SW…if that concept was so great, UNI would’ve made a killing with a HP experience…

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Did any of the high profile celebs who are Disney fans do it? Holly Madison et Al
I was standing next to Holly Madison at a rack(no pun intended) in world of Disney about 10 years ago…I told her Bridgette was my favorite 🤪…she was a really good sport about it.

…that was the day I found out what killed Heff (no pun intended…and he wasn’t dead yet…but it was only a matter of time)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom