News Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser to permanently close this fall

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
It is. Have fun, and look for me in the queue video. I am just one of the blurry faces in a photo on the counter of the control center.(It was taken by a team involved at the old venue where Velocicoaster currently sits, which was Raptor Encounter) I love talking shop of why themed entertainment works well when it does and what psychology in it kind of shows. Now I teach far away from any decent theme parks.

With Velocicoaster It is not only Early Park admission, but also Express Pass now too. The perks are amazing!

I will be back "home" for HHN time, but Tokyo are the only theme parks I will be spending a ton of money on anytime soon.

One place I want to hit but haven’t yet is Efteling.

celluloid

One place I want to hit but haven’t yet is Efteling.

Yeah! I have loved it since I was on the net learning about it probably around 1998 or so. I have a passport now. Which makes my "a theme park I have never been to before every year" goal really more tempting. My means rarely meet it, but it will be nice to have goals! The passport for the family is there, now it feels more obtainable.

erasure fan1

Suffice it to say that I do not understand the tendency of so many people on Disney boards to root for everything the company does to fail in the vain hope that it'll result in the parks and films magically reverting to how they looked in whatever year the poster's formative memories were made.
If there's a direction that the company is going that you don't agree with. The only way for them to change course is through money. A lot of fans hate the live action remakes, so they want them to fail so Disney stops. Obviously with the star cruiser closing, the vast majority of people thought it was a bad idea. I know I wasn't to keen on it doing great. This failure at least shows Disney they can't just price things at whatever astronomical amount they want and people will just show up because, Disney!

Last edited:

MiddKid

I didn’t think you can currently make new reservations. I'm willing to bet a lot of the guests on the final voyage rescheduled from canceled voyages.
Must be those reschedules plus I'm sure Disney kept a few slots held back for some VIPs. Interestingly the voyage my family has been booked on since December, June 24, is also sold out now. Will be interesting to see if it's "we need to add back the second dinner service" 100% full capacity or full at reduced (one dinner service) operational capacity...

Screen Shot 2023-05-20 at 2.29.55 PM.png

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
TLDR - sequels bad...

Good news, Disney has already moved on. So maybe it's time to stop droning about "everyone wants the OT". You already have people asking for Mando and other new content in the parks. We already have Dave F actually creating great content and paired with Jon F they are rocking it. So the world moved on from Jar Jar jokes... maybe it's time to move on from droning about the sequels.
…you almost did a decent job of selling that crap.
But it’s wrong and won’t sell. So REJECT

MagicHappens1971

I am thinking the latter from here on out. There will be more and more staffing struggles as the end nears. More two weeks will be put in.
Aside from servers/bartenders & houskeeping, majority of the crew are College Program cast. They’ll just be relocated, as I’d imagine most of the cast will be. If they plan on staying with the company they won’t be able to transfer out until they’re done.

Ravenclaw78

Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser and "sold out" aren't words I'm used to hearing lately. I'm willing to bet 80% or more are bloggers.
It's possible, but not likely. Since general registration is closed and most Disney bloggers have to buy tickets the same way as the rest of us, it's likely just still people rescheduling from later dates. Besides, Disney loves having bloggers for openings. Closings don't make for great publicity. Can't see them comping or seeing aside rooms for that.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Will be interesting to see if it's "we need to add back the second dinner service" 100% full capacity or full at reduced (one dinner service) operational capacity...
With this kind of announcement… i would expect a disney quest finish… not a go out strong finish. I expect them to do least effort to the end. The bosses dropped the hammer. Things that can’t be controlled with just local only/employee driven solutions will probably just be ignored.

Not much reason to invest in more capacity if they can’t do it with what they already have (staff). the end is already determined.

MagicHappens1971

With this kind of announcement… i would expect a disney quest finish… not a go out strong finish. I expect them to do least effort to the end. The bosses dropped the hammer. Things that can’t be controlled with just local only/employee driven solutions will probably just be ignored.

Not much reason to invest in more capacity if they can’t do it with what they already have (staff). the end is already determined.
Not having the second dinner is not an option if there are more than (approx) 130 passengers. There’s not enough seats in one service.

Brian

I didn’t think you can currently make new reservations. I'm willing to bet a lot of the guests on the final voyage rescheduled from canceled voyages.
Yeah, I thought about that after the fact. I'd still like to believe a lot of bloggers with reservations beyond the closing date scheduled for the final voyage, but probably way less than 80% of the capacity.

celluloid

Aside from servers/bartenders & houskeeping, majority of the crew are College Program cast. They’ll just be relocated, as I’d imagine most of the cast will be. If they plan on staying with the company they won’t be able to transfer out until they’re done.

Quite a few CPers quit. It is not for everyone. Ironically Fall Advantage, the CP heavy time, has not even started yet and Fall programs kick in when this thing is closing.

The housekeeping crew would indeed cut the operations lower than full capacity, so the point remains.

MagicHappens1971

Quite a few CPers quit. It is not for everyone. Ironically Fall Advantage, the CP heavy time, has not even started yet and Fall programs kick in when this thing is closing.

The housekeeping crew would indeed cut the operations lower than full capacity, so the point remains.
I’m aware. You have to apply after you become a CP to transfer to Starcruiser. Very few people leave as a CP (from Starcruiser)

Also the CP isn’t as simple as it used to be, new CPs arrive nearly every Monday. There’s a constant flow of CPs in and out.

celluloid

I’m aware. You have to apply after you become a CP to transfer to Starcruiser. Very few people leave as a CP (from Starcruiser)

Also the CP isn’t as simple as it used to be, new CPs arrive nearly every Monday. There’s a constant flow of CPs in and out.

Which means people put in their two weeks at a higher than never turn over rate as well.

celluloid

I’m just speaking from my experience working as a CP at Starcruiser. They have a constant flow of CPs coming in and out. They’re not short staffed.

Right. That is the point of the CP. Speaking as someone that knows a bit about Entertainment over there, not everyone is under contract to go that long and housekeeping is a constant battle to fill.

Disney is not going to rush to train and transfer CPs when it no longer benefits them to do so. They will be replacing the increasing turnover, not preventing it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom