News Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser to permanently close this fall

fgmnt

Well, once you get to the starcruiser, you'll have your choice of over 100 bathrooms!!
Yeah, I don't think the distance itself is a problem.

The real issue is that there's nothing between them. You'd be looking at parking and backstage and an unthemed warehouse building (the former Starcruiser) with no bathrooms, snacks, etc. on the way. They'd have to spend a lot of additional money on filling that in with theming etc.

It's basically the same problem with having a walking path to Rafiki's at DAK, although that one is longer and has less of a theme problem since it's mostly woods. Still lacking in bathrooms etc. though.
The only way I see SWGS benefitting DHS is if they move whoever is left in the offices of Animation building (but does not really need to be within 5 minute walking distance of guest areas) out there into the staterooms. If that happens they might expand the park and open up the two dead ends before the heat death of the universe. Maybe.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Yeah, I don't think the distance itself is a problem.

The real issue is that there's nothing between them. You'd be looking at parking and backstage and an unthemed warehouse building (the former Starcruiser) with no bathrooms, snacks, etc. on the way. They'd have to spend a lot of additional money on filling that in with theming etc.

It's basically the same problem with having a walking path to Rafiki's at DAK, although that one is longer and has less of a theme problem since it's mostly woods. Still lacking in bathrooms etc. though.

What about something like the tunnel to get to Space Mountain under the berm, just a lot longer

fgmnt

What about something like the tunnel to get to Space Mountain under the berm, just a lot longer
IJA in Disneyland also works that way, but that is a <5 minute walk to a headline attraction. We are talking about easily 20 minutes for a healthy single adult.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
We are talking about easily 20 minutes for a healthy single adult.
In Orlando?
01_Christine_McCarthy.jpg

flynnibus

Premium Member
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Disney wrote off the whole building for tax purposes, right? And the way a tax write-off works is you're claiming immediate depreciation to $0 in the value of what you're writing off. If you turn around and then derive "value" from that thing again even after modifications, don't you have to undo your original tax write-off?

No - they changed their deprecation schedule for the assets. Basically pulling the deprecation forward for tax advantages now.

TrojanUSC

That seems like it would be very expensive (especially since it would have to go through a canal) and they'd be better off just actually developing the whole area leading to it.

Not that I think they have any plans to add it to the park.

Not to mention it works at MK because the park is basically on the second floor. Studios has no such elevation so they couldn't really create a tunnel.

flynnibus

Premium Member
it's more a story about the help at the resorts where they just don't care anymore.... finding a wrong towel in the bin and not caring...

Or just another reddit troll...

I'm going with the latter myself...

JoeCamel

I could be way off base but I wouldn’t be surprised if this guest brought it with them and posted this for clicks
Quick, check their posting history and see if they stayed at the cruiser and if they did get on the horn to Disney and let them know where that missing towel is and who stole it so they can file charges.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom