News Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser Permanently Closed Fall 2023

flynnibus

Premium Member
Why is this even being talked about? This is old news.. update for ppl... next quarter is supposed to have accelerated write downs too :)

GimpYancIent

Ok, from the bookkeeping / accounting side of the house things will be worked out money wise. What about the actual physical, brick and mortal, steel reinforced concrete building? Are the hard hat folks going to reduce it to rubble and dust or refurb it? Either will incur cost, but then it could be left to rot and deteriorate.

JMcMahonEsq

Ok, from the bookkeeping / accounting side of the house things will be worked out money wise. What about the actual physical, brick and mortal, steel reinforced concrete building? Are the hard hat folks going to reduce it to rubble and dust or refurb it? Either will incur cost, but then it could be left to rot and deteriorate.
For the short term, nothing needs to be done with the building. Absent some new plan to re-develop the area in the near future there is no reason to tear the structure down. There will be some maintenance needed to make sure it stays water tight an no structural damage takes place, but its not going to "rot and deteriorate" over the course of a year or two while WDW decides what their next steps are.

John park hopper

It will be abandoned just like Discovery Island and Backlot, heck it costs money to tear it down when nature can do it for free.

Nubs70

And people keep posting how the SEC will frown on you putting different eggs in each category, there are legal ways as you posted earlier to massage the numbers.
Legal ways that are equally accessible to all regardless of where they reside on the political spectrum

Ayla

For the short term, nothing needs to be done with the building. Absent some new plan to re-develop the area in the near future there is no reason to tear the structure down. There will be some maintenance needed to make sure it stays water tight an no structural damage takes place, but its not going to "rot and deteriorate" over the course of a year or two while WDW decides what their next steps are.
It's like you have zero knowledge of disney's track record with empty buildings.

JMcMahonEsq

It's like you have zero knowledge of disney's track record with empty buildings.
You have a reading comprehension problem.

I am not commenting on what Disney is going to do with the building. I simply commented on what needs to be done, doesn't need to be done structurally with the building. I need no knowledge on track records of anyone to do that.

celluloid

You have a reading comprehension problem.

I am not commenting on what Disney is going to do with the building. I simply commented on what needs to be done, doesn't need to be done structurally with the building. I need no knowledge on track records of anyone to do that.

But if it needed to be done, Disney would do it. They don't do that kind of thing. All of their abandoned buildings have been left to elements until the time has come to do something with it.

Ayla

I'm not the one with a reading comprehension problem. 😘

Disstevefan1

Sincere questions.

If they are taking tax write offs or write down or whatever they are calling it, they are not required to tear it down?

After taking the tax write offs or write down they can still reuse the building for a similar or same use?

flynnibus

Premium Member
Honestly I have no idea. Turn 2 rooms into 1 or something? I just think its crazy that it will sit there unused.

Mainly because right now, they need to avoid extra spending and are seeking to bolster their reports best they can right now - so huge write-offs are attractive. It's just like some of the content they pulled from streaming.. it's not that there isn't any value there, it's that the value of the tax advantage RIGHT NOW far outweighs the lesser value the 'use' has. So it's advantageous to the company to NOT use it for now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom