News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I just got to thinking, if RotR starts paid fastpasses, they are bound to be cheap compared to the 3K per night at SW hotel. (I'm guess RotR will charge $50 for each pass. For a family of 4, that's only $200, a small percentage of 3K.) But that's one of the hotel's draws, getting guaranteed pass to RotR. So wouldn't the paid fastpass diminish the value of the hotel? I've heard people say that the hotel is worth it for getting on RotR. What if RotR is available some other way? Is the hotel still worth it? Then there's nothing special about the hotel's visit to Batuu, it's a complete waste of the 3K/night hotel.

I doubt anyone is going to the Starcruiser just to get on RotR. We don't know what else is involved with the Batuu visit, there may be other things that set it apart from a normal visit.

erasure fan1

I look forward to the commentary and reviews of the first 2 - 3 iterations of guests to enjoy the Galactic Star Cruiser experience. Those reviews, I believe, will make or break this experience.
I would guess the experience will start off strong. Then in true Disney fashion, they will start to cut the experience to save money. I'll be most curious to see what the experience is like after a year, v.s. the opening experience. Something tells me it will cost more and you'll get less.

Roy G. Dis

I would guess the experience will start off strong. Then in true Disney fashion, they will start to cut the experience to save money. I'll be most curious to see what the experience is like after a year, v.s. the opening experience. Something tells me it will cost more and you'll get less.
It's so hip to hate on Disney for cutting back on an experience before they've even opened the experience for business.

erasure fan1

It's so hip to hate on Disney for cutting back on an experience before they've even opened the experience for business.
So you can say with confidence that it won't be a lesser experience after a year or so of being open? How much of galaxys edge was cut before it opened? How about that Yeti! Disney has a pretty solid track record with this. If you want to call it hating on Disney, that's fine. I personally hope I'm wrong. But it's Disney that has set this expectation at this point.

Daveyploo

I look forward to the commentary and reviews of the first 2 - 3 iterations of guests to enjoy the Galactic Star Cruiser experience. Those reviews, I believe, will make or break this experience.
Important to differentiate the first regular guest reviews versus the first reviews from influencers who probably are there all expenses paid, and told if they don't give a glowing review they'll never work with Disney again.

I can easliy imagine any famous streamer or content producer getting tickets for this when it opens and making a four or five part YouTube video series about how awesome and amazing it was, full of "well, me personally, I LOVED _______!". Heck maybe they will even get their own pre-opening preview experience just for them.

In fact thinking about it more, I don't know if you'll ever really find an unbiased review of the Starcruiser. The cost prohibits "regular" people from experiencing it, so you'll only be getting the most die-hard Disney/Star Wars supporters, and I'm not sure how much I'd trust their reviews. Probably the same people who said Rise of Skywalker was the best of all the films. :confused:

So you can say with confidence that it won't be a lesser experience after a year or so of being open? How much of galaxys edge was cut before it opened? How about that Yeti! Disney has a pretty solid track record with this. If you want to call it hating on Disney, that's fine. I personally hope I'm wrong. But it's Disney that has set this expectation at this point.

I remember, before Galaxies Edge opened, all the official talk and hype about "living your Star Wars life!" and what an "experience" it would be, how there'd be actors wandering around to interact with, how you might bump in to a character that reacts angrily at you for damaging the Falcon too much, how you could choose to support the First Order or the Rebellion in interesting and dynamic ways, etc. etc.

Pretty much all of that was canned, as far as I can tell. If anything, the Starcruiser is basically touting and bragging about the same sort of immersion that Galaxies Edge did. So yeah I can imagine a lot of people aren't willing to buy it, not after they hyped up GE so much.

GimpYancIent

Important to differentiate the first regular guest reviews versus the first reviews from influencers who probably are there all expenses paid, and told if they don't give a glowing review they'll never work with Disney again.

I can easliy imagine any famous streamer or content producer getting tickets for this when it opens and making a four or five part YouTube video series about how awesome and amazing it was, full of "well, me personally, I LOVED _______!". Heck maybe they will even get their own pre-opening preview experience just for them.

In fact thinking about it more, I don't know if you'll ever really find an unbiased review of the Starcruiser. The cost prohibits "regular" people from experiencing it, so you'll only be getting the most die-hard Disney/Star Wars supporters, and I'm not sure how much I'd trust their reviews. Probably the same people who said Rise of Skywalker was the best of all the films. :confused:

I remember, before Galaxies Edge opened, all the official talk and hype about "living your Star Wars life!" and what an "experience" it would be, how there'd be actors wandering around to interact with, how you might bump in to a character that reacts angrily at you for damaging the Falcon too much, how you could choose to support the First Order or the Rebellion in interesting and dynamic ways, etc. etc.

Pretty much all of that was canned, as far as I can tell. If anything, the Starcruiser is basically touting and bragging about the same sort of immersion that Galaxies Edge did. So yeah I can imagine a lot of people aren't willing to buy it, not after they hyped up GE so much.
Whew, strong presentation! No argument from me. I just want to point out that the so called "influencers" as in those folks that purposely present false reviews to bolster something are actually quite obvious. Seen too many fake reviews, some actually quite laughable. Most common sense folk's will take what is presented with a grain of salt or two.

nickys

Premium Member

I’m confused about the travelator, or whatever, from the entrance to the Halcyon.

At the moment that area is like an open concrete courtyard, with no covered tunnel or anything to travel along. I assume that’s still to be built, unless guests go down a level and underneath that area, and they play tricks on the mind like the HM stretching room?

Movielover

I’m confused about the travelator, or whatever, from the entrance to the Halcyon.

At the moment that area is like an open concrete courtyard, with no covered tunnel or anything to travel along. I assume that’s still to be built, unless guests go down a level and underneath that area, and they play tricks on the mind like the HM stretching room?

The outside of the building is supposed to resemble a cruise ship port terminal that you are arriving at to go into space. Once you walk into the building and past the pre show you will then board the Launch Pod (pretty much updated Hydrolator) which will simulate you going into space. The entire show is inside the building.

1629629251673.png

nickys

Premium Member
The outside of the building is supposed to resemble a cruise ship port terminal that you are arriving at to go into space. Once you walk into the building and past the pre show you will then board the Launch Pod (pretty much updated Hydrolator) which will simulate you going into space. The entire show is inside the building.

View attachment 581544
But I thought when you go in the door (green cone) that the passage (also green, where it’s labelled preshow) was the hydrolator.

But OK if it’s after the preshow, that’s good. Except ….

At the moment, behind the green cone part is an open courtyard with all kinds of stuff in it - see the aerial shot . Surely they won’t have all that visible, it must be covered in some way. Or we go down a ramp. And is everyone going to be walking across / through / under that area?

Movielover

But I thought when you go in the door (green cone) that the passage (also green, where it’s labelled preshow) was the hydrolator.

But OK if it’s after the preshow, that’s good. Except ….

At the moment, behind the green cone part is an open courtyard with all kinds of stuff in it - see the aerial shot . Surely they won’t have all that visible, it must be covered in some way. Or we go down a ramp. And is everyone going to be walking across / through / under that area?
The Hydrolator is further inside the building than what you are thinking. Its not immediately right inside the covered car dropoff.

What you are seeing next to the building is a covered cast member backstage walkway. The actual guest path/preshow is all inside the building.

nickys

Premium Member
The Hydrolator is further inside the building than what you are thinking. Its not immediately right inside the covered car dropoff.

What you are seeing next to the building is a covered cast member backstage walkway. The actual guest path/preshow is all inside the building.
Yes, got that thanks.

How do we get from the covered car drop off to the show building?

Movielover

Yes, got that thanks.

How do we get from the covered car drop off to the show building?

You walk through the door. I don't get what part of the building you are not seeing but the show building connects directly to the covered car dropoff. Once you exit your vehicle and walk under the cover through the door you are inside the show building.

SWGalaxys_Edge

I just got to thinking, if RotR starts paid fastpasses, they are bound to be cheap compared to the 3K per night at SW hotel. (I'm guess RotR will charge $50 for each pass. For a family of 4, that's only $200, a small percentage of 3K.) But that's one of the hotel's draws, getting guaranteed pass to RotR. So wouldn't the paid fastpass diminish the value of the hotel? I've heard people say that the hotel is worth it for getting on RotR. What if RotR is available some other way? Is the hotel still worth it? Then there's nothing special about the hotel's visit to Batuu, it's a complete waste of the 3K/night hotel.
its not a hotel - you gotta get past that first.

SWGalaxys_Edge

Here's the whole arrival process step by step.

1. You drive in and stop at the security checkpoint. they verify your reservations. No res., no enter.
2. You continue driving to the drop off area under the front entrance.
3. Everyone out of the car, get your luggage. Valet parking takes your car. You head inside.
4. Inside you and luggage will go through security check.
5. After security you will board a "launch pod" (themed elevator)
6. You will launch up to the Halcyon orbiting over the planet. You can see "outside" as you travel.
7. Once you arrive you will be in the main lobby and check in and get your Halcyon wristband.

In reality, after security, the elevator is virtual - think of it like the I-TS shuttle in RotR and being captured and brought on board the Star Destroyer, except you are docking with the Halcyon. You have physically gone nowhere. You exit into the main lobby and check-in.

techgeek

4. Inside you and luggage will go through security check.

Is this ‘show security’ “we’re boarding a cruise ship!”, with in-character screening officers? Or are we still at WDW at this point and screened by our normal Disney security as an extension of the park security perimeter?

Clearly guests will need to clear Studios park security at some point, but I was kind of assuming it would happen as a part of the transport to Batuu process (set up as ‘clearing customs’ for the port, perhaps..) and not at check in.

GimpYancIent

Is this ‘show security’ “we’re boarding a cruise ship!”, with in-character screening officers? Or are we still at WDW at this point and screened by our normal Disney security as an extension of the park security perimeter?

Clearly guests will need to clear Studios park security at some point, but I was kind of assuming it would happen as a part of the transport to Batuu process (set up as ‘clearing customs’ for the port, perhaps..) and not at check in.
Why not both? Actual screening by actual park security, but, in character.

nickys

Premium Member
You walk through the door. I don't get what part of the building you are not seeing but the show building connects directly to the covered car dropoff. Once you exit your vehicle and walk under the cover through the door you are inside the show building.
Here’s the picture:

1629640043076.jpeg

Maybe I’m seeing things wrong.
It looks to me like if I walk through the entrance towards those walls that stop you seeing the show building, that there’s a rectangular part with air con units and stuff in it that you would get to.

Is that me not getting the perspective? Are those units on the roof maybe? That would explain it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom