News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

relic827

So does this include a guaranteed boarding group for ROTR or something? Just asking since it’s on the itinerary. If this has been answered in this thread, sorry. I don’t wanna read stuff.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I seem to have no problem spending lots of my money at Disney parks and have been doing so for years and years…but I wouldn’t even consider doing this.

I have thought for a while now that they’re massively overestimating the appeal of the new trilogy and the amount of “super fans” that have the money and desire to shell out for an experience like this.
🤔🤔

GimpYancIent

Q.

Can I dress up in costume during my Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser voyage?
A.

Absolutely, what you wear is part of the fun.
Throughout your Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser voyage, you are encouraged to don your galactic best. You are a character in the story, so we invite you to dress the part. If you wish to participate, you can even show off your look during the Galactic Best Dressed event. Clothes from your home planet are also welcome.
If your wardrobe is currently limited to a single planet, Star Wars galaxy apparel is available in-advance from shopDisney. Galactic attire is also available for purchase at the Halcyon starcruiser’s stylish boutique, The Chandrila Collection.
You are correct the site clearly states; "

Costumes and Gala

Throughout your adventure, you are encouraged to don your galactic best. As you will become a unique character in the Star Wars galaxy, we invite you to dress the part.
If your wardrobe is currently limited to a single planet, Star Wars galaxy apparel is available in-advance from shopDisney or on the ship.
How will you come dressed? In your Jedi best? Ready to rumble for rough and tumble smuggling? Dressed to impress in your Coruscant best? Or in your most comfortable garb from your home planet? The choice is up to you!
But whatever planet’s clothes you choose to wear, be sure to save your very finest for the traditional end-of-cruise gala celebration!
"
It will be interesting to see how many folks go full on cosplay and if cruise guests are exempt from the Batuu costume limitations for regular guests.

Skywise

There’ll be one person to check you in and that’ll be the only staff there. You’ll have to figure out how to get to the park on your own. Don’t underestimate the mouse’s commitment to profit.
We're sorry... the shuttle to Galaxy's Edge is broken... You'll be departing on this Mickey Mouse bus... We apologize for the inconvenience, here's a free FP to Rockin Rollercoaster!

biggy H

$4800 for two... gulp! That is a LOT more than I was expecting. We might just splurge for this, but I definitely will be reading the reviews of those who are the first to experience it. It had better be an amazing immersive experience with incredible food for that price.

Some people were paying this or more for a 2 day UK Disney staycation cruise, in the expensive cabins, so people will pay it.

jamos140

I mean, I can afford it and I'm not a multi-millionaire (and I've got a wife and kids). Now... will I? Heck to the no. For $5000, I can take a trip to Europe and enjoy myself for a week+.

This is my point. I can afford it as well. But I'd rather spend a week in Mexico with my family at a 4star all inclusive.

For the price and limited offering, it seems to only be for those with incredibly high disposable income.

DavidNoble

This is my point. I can afford it as well. But I'd rather spend a week in Mexico with my family at a 4star all inclusive.

For the price and limited offering, it seems to only be for those with incredibly high disposable income.

I thought your point was only multi-millionaires and above could afford it? I mean, we all can afford it. We’re just smarter than that ;)

MrPromey

The fact that Philharmagic doesn't have a Tangled "lanterns" scene is an affront to animation and to music.

Tempo and mood-wise, it might be too close to Whole New World to include... which isn't to say they couldn't swap out the whole Aladdin segment for 1-2 new additions to keep it current but, well, you know how that goes.* 🤷‍♂️

*Personally, I'm all for updates that don't feel like steps back or attempts to cheapen out on investment in new things but I know mileage varies when it comes to general opinions there which is another reason I think that routine and scheduled updates should be made to anything that it can be done for fairly easially (ie things like screen-based and live attractions/entertainment) not only to prevent things from going stale but also to prevent people from getting too attached to a fixed version of something that becomes dated.

Last edited:

JIMINYCR

Yikes... theyve priced me out. The cost of a 14 day trip is very close to costing me what a 2 day SW stay will be... so WDW wont be seeing me check in. I'll have to settle for experiencing the stay vicariously through the reports shared by the bloggers.

MrMcDuck

No mention of costumes? Not quite the same vibe if half the crowd are wearing most-expensive-day-ever t-shirts.

Optional, but not required.

If they were going for a truly immersive experience, they could require costumes and then have Jedi robes in all sizes on hand for those who show up without a costume similar to how some restaurants with dress codes will have jackets on hand for the men who “forget” . But that isn’t the way many people think these days unfortunately.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom