News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

Ghostdog

The sample pricing and itinerary that came out today…that’s a lot of money for 2 people for 2 days $4809. Really $$$$$$$ 😅😂🤣… I won’t be going!!!

corran horn

Let's see... For $5000 I would fly to Tokyo and visit TDL/TDS, or spend 2 nights at this Star Wars "boutique starship" thing and get to ride SR and Rise? I know which one would get my vote (and I was a die-hard SW fan for decades). And that $5000 doesn't even include my flights to MCO.

You should stand outside the Grand Flo and shout at people that for those prices they could stay at Caribbean Beach for longer, too.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
What surprises me most about this announcement is that Disney's market research must have suggested that there are a substantial number of people willing to pay that much for that (or a similar) experience. If that turns out to be right, kudos to Disney for identifying the demand and building an experience to fulfill it. Doesn't take away from my experience (except for a bit longer lines at RotR and MFSR).

jinx8402

How do you mean? There are several activities going on at once on a cruise. With the exception of dinner, you can dine when you want. You could sleep in/stay up late-it is not as highly regimented as this appears to be. But I think they are two different animals.
I don't think it is going to be as regimented as a lot of people are suggesting in this thread. This is just to give a sample of the types of activities you can do. There is absolutely no way 400-600 people will be doing the same exact thing at the same exact time. So these are activities that you can just do as you please.

Parker in NYC

Let's see... For $5000 I would fly to Tokyo and visit TDL/TDS, or spend 2 nights at this Star Wars "boutique starship" thing and get to ride SR and Rise? I know which one would get my vote (and I was a die-hard SW fan for decades). And that $5000 doesn't even include my flights to MCO.
If Rise is operating, of course. Can’t wait for that tour group!

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
What surprises me most about this announcement is that Disney's market research must have suggested that there are a substantial number of people willing to pay that much for that (or a similar) experience. If that turns out to be right, kudos to Disney for identifying the demand and building an experience to fulfill it. Doesn't take away from my experience (except for a bit longer lines at RotR and MFSR).

I expect a flood of sellouts early which will dwindle within a year to a trickle. But then again, how many times have we said, "People won't keep this going" and they do? PT Barnum said it best. Apparently The Bob's are astute students of his teachings.

corran horn

I expect a flood of sellouts early which will dwindle within a year to a trickle. But then again, how many times have we said, "People won't keep this going" and they do? PT Barnum said it best. Apparently The Bob's are astute students of his teachings.

The concept of Disney gambling on people paying more for less wasn't born with either Bob, that's for sure.

BaconPancakes

Agreed. It will sell out fast in the beginning and probably stay that way for a year, and then just Peter out is my prediction. This will be a one and done for all of the pixie dust snorters so they can brag that they did it.

DavidNoble

Honestly -- they will have zero problem selling this thing out. They know it. We all know it. And it will be sold out for years.

All this "I could do X for $5000" talk is just for our amusement at this point.

I mean, it’s 100 rooms. Most if not all the rooms will probably be booked out for the first year. They’ll have a strong occupancy rate. The issue is how many of those will end up repeating? What other experiences will come out that people prioritize?

I think the first year will be strong and then numbers will start to dip a bit. Within five years, I think it will see prices drop.

The reason being is because people can spend $5000 on x and it’s a better value then this. It might be posted for amusement, but it’s also reality.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Since people seem to be hung-up on the itinerary, especially the card game lesson, let me address that:

1. You don't have to participate. Cruise ships are constantly offering 'events' and lessons and games *for those who want to participate.* If you don't want to participate, you don't. You won't be forced at saber point to sit down and learn Sabacc. (Although, if you want to have something fun to do with other guests later in the night, it might behoove you to learn, otherwise, you'll be consigned to just watching people play, wishing you took the lesson.)

2. The sample itinerary is the *ship's itinerary,* not yours. It's the group-arranged events. You participate as much or as little as you wish.

3. The sample itinerary is not everything possible you can do. If you check out all the other hype, there are role-playing moments in which, for example, a CM will recruit you to smuggle something. That act of espionage isn't on the itinerary, but it will be available throughout the stay.

So, again, the itinerary is not an exhaustive list of all that is available. It's only a list of the planned large-group activities.

flynnibus

Premium Member

It's been said since the Surveys came out (and yet people somehow keep not believing it)... The table Disney set when surveying about this was the crowd that did deluxe rooms+ddp+more... and was like "ok, you do all this, and now you get ALL THIS WILD STUFF TOO... what would you pay?". The benchmark was the type that did Disney to the max... And the numbers they threw out were crazy high.

I've been trying to tell people for the last FOUR YEARS this would be priced like a cruise ship and think deluxe++. In fact, a personal note I had from April 2017 says... "The price sliders they showed certainly left room for people to enter in numbers in the tens of thousands of dollars :) My answers of pricing comparable to a DCL cruise were VERY low on their slider bars. "

So when people now are amazed at the pricing... I'm like... where have you been? :)

Ayla

If this ends up being a quality experience, they've got about 30 years. Capacity isn't great, and the original fans aren't at peak wealth yet. I'm skeptical that it'll last any longer than that though.
The original fans should be at their peak wealth right now, with the youngest possible being in their late 40's and close to or being retired at the upper end. LOL

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom