News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I feel like they have some flexibility here. First, I feel like the price will be artificially set high from the start to accommodate the elevated demand giving them the flexibility to lower price over time to draw new visitors while still maintaining acceptable profit margins. That alone I believe would be sufficient to keep the place booked >80% capacity for quite some time. Then, if they still see a drop in demand, the design is flexible enough to make it possible to significantly change the story and therefore significantly change the experience which would attract new guests (maybe make it a story focused on the original trilogy, or the prequel trilogy or Clone Wars... lots of possibilities). And in the event that Star Wars completely drops out of public interest, is it possible that they make the outside of the building so nondescript that they could drop the story aspect and make this a general "space" themed hotel? You drop the story aspect and you can drop the staff substantially dropping operating costs and allowing you to drop the price (if necessary). A highly immersive hotel that makes it seem like you are staying in a space station I believe would/could be popular for decades without needing an IP and if you wanted an IP, you could sprinkle in some Wall*E or some of the more cosmic Marvel characters (assuming they would have worked things out with Universal by that time).

Not saying they'll ever need to do any of that, just that they would have the option...
With only less than 100 rooms it would make more sense for them to just shutter it if Star Wars ever dies out. Which I don't think it will. They should have no problem booking such a small hotel.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Does anyone else think this structure looks oddly similar in shape to a Rebel Blockade Runner?
Ah, Corellian. We got lots of that.

tumblr_oocvg3htrC1smw5dno4_500.gif

nickys

Premium Member
Is it really only 100 rooms? Why so small? So they can brag about how it’s always sold out? 🤔

Because it’s not a resort. It’s an immersive experience with everyone checking in and out at the same time.

So the story arc over the (likely three) days needs to include everyone. 100 rooms means a maximum of 400 people at a time, which is probably the most you could reasonably manage to have involved in the activities.

DisneyDreamer08

Because it’s not a resort. It’s an immersive experience with everyone checking in and out at the same time.

So the story arc over the (likely three) days needs to include everyone. 100 rooms means a maximum of 400 people at a time, which is probably the most you could reasonably manage to have involved in the activities.

Really? That’s interesting. I didn’t realize you had check in/check out on a specific day. Do you have to be in the hotel at certain times to experience certain things? Like dinner theater?

jt04

Really? That’s interesting. I didn’t realize you had check in/check out on a specific day. Do you have to be in the hotel at certain times to experience certain things? Like dinner theater?

You will be immersed in Star Wars start to finish. You won't be catching a bus to go see fireworks at the mk for example.

nickys

Premium Member

There is a lot of speculating on how much of a LARPing experience this will be earlier in the thread. But essentially this is designed to be like a cruise, think murder mystery weekends.

It isn’t a regular resort, for example there is no pool in the plans. The plans show various rooms like the bridge, a dojo etc. We know there will be a dedicated form of transport to SW:GE, but not as to whether this is free and open access or at certain times only. We know it will be an interactive experience.

There is very little official info yet though, most of what we discussed was based on the surveys that were done, plus some info seen by a few others. However right from the start, WDW said this was an interactive immersive experience. It is not a resort you can just phone up and book for one night or a week like POP or WL.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom