News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

flynnibus

Premium Member
You are also missing all the ones on 28 which isn't far outside of your picture.

Of course.. it wasn't to show everything going on in the area... just this immediate hot spot which was of interest due to the use of tilt up recently. Trying to get people to grasp how many have gone up in just this region of the county in the last 5 years is difficult.. and while the EDC loves to promote how much is happening, they don't like to publish where specifically it's happening, so easy graphics are harder to come by :)

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Roof structure is going up on the wide part:

I assume he is referring to this. Not sure if that is a berm, looks like just left over earth from when they had the big pile there. Since you will be able to see the back of GE from the parking lot, I am not sure that they are going to go to a lot of trouble to hide the hotel.

Indy_UK

Whispers are that the hotel is going to also come to Disneyland Paris.

For me, I'd be more excited about that than having it in Orlando. WDW already has so much to do but in Paris I feel it can bump the overal stay to a 4 night stay

Sir_Cliff

Whispers are that the hotel is going to also come to Disneyland Paris.

For me, I'd be more excited about that than having it in Orlando. WDW already has so much to do but in Paris I feel it can bump the overal stay to a 4 night stay
Hmm, I doubt something like this would go over so well in Europe. The biggest plus is that it would be an indoor vacation!

nickys

Premium Member
Hmm, I doubt something like this would go over so well in Europe. The biggest plus is that it would be an indoor vacation!

Why not?

Murder mystery weekends are still amazingly popular over here!

I just doubt they’d be thinking about this already, what with everything else still to happen by 2024. Two new lands and whatever’s happening with the lake. Never mind the current new hotel and so on.

Sir_Cliff

Why not?

Murder mystery weekends are still amazingly popular over here!

I just doubt they’d be thinking about this already, what with everything else still to happen by 2024. Two new lands and whatever’s happening with the lake. Never mind the current new hotel and so on.
You may well be right! I can see the UK visitors getting into it, but I honestly struggle to imagine the French, Dutch, Germans, etc getting into several days of roleplaying... but maybe that is ignorant!

I definitely agree, though, that it would be too early for them to be thinking of something like this. It also honestly seems like too risky a prospect for DLP to be investing in right now.

nickys

Premium Member
You may well be right! I can see the UK visitors getting into it, but I honestly struggle to imagine the French, Dutch, Germans, etc getting into several days of roleplaying... but maybe that is ignorant!

I definitely agree, though, that it would be too early for them to be thinking of something like this. It also honestly seems like too risky a prospect for DLP to be investing in right now.

Forget Star Wars.

They could build the Brexit themed hotel. Role play the terms of “The Deal”, there’s a thousand possible outcomes right there, depending on the make-up of the guests. Very little technology required, just close the door and shout “Go”.

briangaw

Roof structure is going up on the wide part:

I checked to see if anyone has brought this up yet, but they already have completed 3 stories and appear to be forming and putting electrical and such in for the floor of the 4th and that it would match up to the roof line and look of the precast area and its height. So perhaps what was thought as a 2 story room building is going to be at least 3 or maybe 4. Wonder what that does for numbers etc.!?!? Surprised it hasn't been brought up yet.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I checked to see if anyone has brought this up yet, but they already have completed 3 stories and appear to be forming and putting electrical and such in for the floor of the 4th and that it would match up to the roof line and look of the precast area and its height. So perhaps what was thought as a 2 story room building is going to be at least 3 or maybe 4. Wonder what that does for numbers etc.!?!? Surprised it hasn't been brought up yet.

The original permit said it would be a 2 story building.

briangaw

It's possible that the ground level will not be occupied. I also don't see any evidence that there are going to build another story on top of what is there now.

Perhaps, but didn't the ground floor plans as part of the water management permit have rooms in it? I don't know anything for sure, but just interesting that this tower has grown. And as far as evidence that there may be another story, I am just going by the amount of conduit and placement as they form out the next level. Also based on the roof line and forming where this room tower comes next to the steel and precast section.

Missing20K

Perhaps, but didn't the ground floor plans as part of the water management permit have rooms in it? I don't know anything for sure, but just interesting that this tower has grown. And as far as evidence that there may be another story, I am just going by the amount of conduit and placement as they form out the next level. Also based on the roof line and forming where this room tower comes next to the steel and precast section.
I wonder if perhaps we saw ground floor plans but the lower level we see on site is actually a basement for staff. After construction they will grade up to what is currently seen as the second level. Just a thought.

rsm

I wonder if perhaps we saw ground floor plans but the lower level we see on site is actually a basement for staff. After construction they will grade up to what is currently seen as the second level. Just a thought.
But then people couldn’t see out the windows... ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom