News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

Casper Gutman

But we've no idea what the story line is though have we? How do you know they've not got a great story line/ plot lined up already and have kept it quiet? And no disrespect but what makes you think your 'story' is better than a story you've not heard yet? Yours sounds good but how do we know theirs isn't better?
That's the point of a hook. You don't give away the narrative, but you have to give the audience enough to scintillate them and give them some understanding of the general direction and tone of the story. Think of the ads for the recent Spidey film - they told us Parker asks Strange to cast a spell which goes wrong and creates chaos with the multiverse. That's a hook. Now, the nature of the Starcruiser doesn't require anything that elaborate, but it requires... something. At the moment, we know guests will be on a cruise ship. There is nothing interesting about the cruise ship. There is nothing interesting about the crew. There is no indication of an interesting narrative.

By the way, I suspect the narrative will be something extraordinarily simple, along the lines of: Chewie has stowed away, the First Order wants him, you protect or betray him, Kylo and Rey show up and Kylo gets defeated, reinforcing his image as a clownish incompetent who invariably fails. I hope he gets smacked in the face with a ceiling tile again.

techgeek

But we've no idea what the story line is though have we? How do you know they've not got a great story line/ plot lined up already and have kept it quiet? And no disrespect but what makes you think your 'story' is better than a story you've not heard yet? Yours sounds good but how do we know theirs isn't better?

There were sample 'scripts' leaked from the casting / audition process several months back. I recall the hope and presumption was at the time was that they were very generic because they were audition scripts, but the way everything else has been falling into place I'd put money on those falling cringingly close to reality.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
There were sample 'scripts' leaked from the casting / audition process several months back. I recall the hope and presumption was at the time was that they were very generic because they were audition scripts, but the way everything else has been falling into place I'd put money on those falling cringingly close to reality.
Audition scripts were public. They were posted here.

TP2000

Anyone think that Perhaps those uniforms are only for the earth based part of the hotel? Once you've gone 'up to space' and are in the cruiser there may well be different costumes there.

I think that is exactly what these two young lady CM's are wearing; the uniforms for receiving and checking in hotel guests at the "earthbound" space terminal for Chandrila Star Lines. Thus the small lapel pin/button with the Chandrila logo on it, as the only small accessory visible.

These are the first CM's you meet who work for Chandrila Star Lines. They set the tone for the "Immersive Adventure!" and represent the luxury galactic cruise line. And yet they look like dental hygienists in Ohio. (With no disrespect meant for the dental professionals of the Buckeye State.)

I am sure there will be more formal and fancy looking uniforms from some CM's on the Starcruiser itself. And of course, "Gaya" :rolleyes: and the other professional performers will have their full costumes on.

But there will be many CM's wearing uniforms like this; cheap, bland, unstructured, and off-brand for Star Wars.
It's really quite sad when taken on its own, and yet as just the latest part of this slow motion train wreck we're watching, it's become normal and almost expected. This is all just so weird to watch this unfold!

Last edited:

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
But there will be many CM's wearing uniforms like this; cheap, bland, unstructured, and off-brand for Star Wars.
It's really quite sad when taken on its own, and yet as part of this slow motion train wreck we're watching, it's become normal and almost expected. This is all just so weird to watch this unfold!

This is what you get when you have blinders on and focus solely on one end result - 💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰. To Bob/Josh/et al, the ends justify the means.

Cheap, bland, unstructred, and off-brand describes "Disney Star Wars" aptly. In fact, the first two words describe the Bob Era to a T. Favreau and Filoni are the only two putting out SW content worth a darn these days.

TrojanUSC

I'm not sure what photo you are referring to but what I see is a single CM standing on concrete in front of a cloaking device. Which one are you seeing?

It's all from the same photo set... these cast members are handling the "return" to the ship, from Batuu:

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

I think that is exactly what these two young lady CM's are wearing; the uniforms for receiving and checking in hotel guests at the "earthbound" space terminal for Chandrila Star Lines. Thus the small lapel pin/button with the Chandrila logo on it, as the only small accessory visible.

These are the first CM's you meet who work for Chandrila Star Lines. They set the tone for the "Immersive Adventure!" and represent the luxury galactic cruise line. And yet they look like dental hygienists in Ohio. (With no disrespect meant for the dental professionals of the Buckeye State.)

I am sure there will be more formal and fancy looking uniforms from some CM's on the Starcruiser itself. And of course, "Gaya" :rolleyes: and the other professional performers will have their full costumes on.

It's really quite sad when taken on its own, and yet as just the latest part of this slow motion train wreck we're watching, it's become normal and almost expected. This is all just so weird to watch this unfold!
How embarrassing.

JoeCamel

It's all from the same photo set... these cast members are handling the "return" to the ship, from Batuu:

Then they would still be cruise line CMs bringing an excursion back to the ship. I fail to see where the problem is?
Thematically that is, the costume is still dreck

TP2000

Then they would still be cruise line CMs bringing an excursion back to the ship. I fail to see where the problem is?
Thematically that is, the costume is still dreck

I know it was a cute thing Disney did when they called their park uniforms "costumes", and then in the 1980's under Eisner they started bragging about it publicly via Disney Institute, etc. But that Disney Difference horse has been put out to pasture by Chapek.

These aren't "costumes". These are uniforms, apparently designed by a team on a very small budget who were forbidden from watching any Star Wars movie ever made before they drew their sketches.

Not costumes, uniforms. Bland, cheap, shapeless, unadorned, generic uniforms.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom