News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

That's harsh reality - in the movies they're plastic switches too but in post production they'll add the sounds in. It's also a generational thing as most people these days work with touch screen interfaces or cheap plastic keyboards on their laptops and don't realize that interfaces like that can greatly affect their experience. On the flip side just playing a "beep" and "boop" whenever you press a cheap plastic control button is going to be even more toy piano like.
If anything they should've just mimicked the falcon's actual cockpit which itself was setup to mimick an airline cockpit with mechanical switches and relays.
huh... speaking of which... Was there a yoke on that bridge?! How do you steer?
I totally understand post production but adding quality sound so it does not feel like I am touching a plastic toy is better than nothing and helps sell the immersion. In Star Wars no button sounds plastic. They all have a different sound because they actually preform a function.

WDW Pro

I totally understand post production but adding quality sound so it does not feel like I am touching a plastic toy is better than nothing and helps sell the immersion. In Star Wars no button sounds plastic. They all have a different sound because they actually preform a function.

Or... you know... they could just make the stuff out of materials not known as plastic.

Nickp1983

Ya. Canceling our reservation. Not for what we paid.

I didn't know what to expect really but this... nope.

When this was announced I was hoping for just a star wars themed hotel. A sith / jedi hybrid temple is a great idea. Book a room in what area you want. It's themed appropriately. Staff is dressed to match.

You can tell a story if you want. Empire discovered this temple... and setup their base on the first floor (the check in area, gift shop, cafeteria). Then everyone down there dresses in that theme.

Mix in a Sith Lounge and a jedi (lightly themed) resteraunt... and a pool that looks like it's from Naboo... and I'd be a happy camper. Have the buses skinned to look futuristic and you can do the insides to look like a starship.

Star Wars has always been about exotic locals. Ice planets. Fire planets. Sand plants. Water planets.

Being in what looks to be a knock off version of an apple store... for 2 days... for that much money. Nah. I'm out. I wouldn't sit down and listen to whatever that musical act is... if you paid for my entire trip.

You ask 100 people if they rather have that... or a cantina bar with an animatronic Jabba chilling in the background. 100 would agree...

I was hoping for the best when I booked... but after seeing drywall ceilings... nope.

Attachments

• star-wars-galactic-starcruiser-hallways-concept-1.jpg
    star-wars-galactic-starcruiser-hallways-concept-1.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 218

Disstevefan1

I have been thinking about this. In my mind, the guest experience for this ( whatever it is ) will go through three phases:

First phase: The test and adjust phase. These will be the first (month or two) of cruises. They will try stuff; see what works, and what does not. These cruisers will be the Guinea pigs.

Second phase: Execute what works phase. Here is where they lock down all processes, procedures and thereby the experience. This time period will be when the experience ( whatever it is ) will be at its best. This may go on for many fiscal quarters; so that todays, “Data Driven Disney” bean counters can collect enough data.

Third Phase: Cost savings phase. The experience will remain in this phase for the life of the experience. In an ongoing task to reduce costs, things will be taken away from the experience, “in response to guest demand”, to an experience that is marginally acceptable…

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Ya. Canceling our reservation. Not for what we paid.

I didn't know what to expect really but this... nope.

When this was announced I was hoping for just a star wars themed hotel. A sith / jedi hybrid temple is a great idea. Book a room in what area you want. It's themed appropriately. Staff is dressed to match.

You can tell a story if you want. Empire discovered this temple... and setup their base on the first floor (the check in area, gift shop, cafeteria). Then everyone down there dresses in that theme.

Mix in a Sith Lounge and a jedi (lightly themed) resteraunt... and a pool that looks like it's from Naboo... and I'd be a happy camper. Have the buses skinned to look futuristic and you can do the insides to look like a starship.

Star Wars has always been about exotic locals. Ice planets. Fire planets. Sand plants. Water planets.

Being in what looks to be a knock off version of an apple store... for 2 days... for that much money. Nah. I'm out. I wouldn't sit down and listen to whatever that musical act is... if you paid for my entire trip.

You ask 100 people if they rather have that... or a cantina bar with an animatronic Jabba chilling in the background. 100 would agree...

I was hoping for the best when I booked... but after seeing drywall ceilings... nope.
A wise decision. Get your money back

GimpYancIent

The pressure for any degree of success of the Star Cruiser experience has now been placed on the CM's / Actors. The CM's / Actors portrayals of their characters, their interactivity with the travelers / guests and the endurance to perform effectively / believably not just for the maiden voyage but for each subsequent voyage. I hope the travelers / guests are appreciative of the CM's / actors considering what they have been handed to work with.

SWGalaxys_Edge

People who decided to cancel seem to fall into a few groups (whether they admit it or not)
  • Booked but couldn't come up with the balance due in time (90 days out)
  • Got 'buyers remorse'
  • Scared off by the horrible Disney commercials
Any other excuses, other than these, is just hate towards Disney / Chapek / Kennedy / Management

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

People who decided to cancel seem to fall into a few groups (whether they admit it or not)
  • Booked but couldn't come up with the balance due in time (90 days out)
  • Got 'buyers remorse'
  • Scared off by the horrible Disney commercials
Any other excuses, other than these, is just hate towards Disney / Chapek / Kennedy / Management
What about all the cancellations since the video was released? Chapek bragged about how the 1st 4 months were booked solid now...well now plenty of spaces open kid.

TikibirdLand

What about all the cancellations since the video was released? Chapek bragged about how the 1st 4 months were booked solid now...well now plenty of spaces open kid.
I had some youtuber commenting on the video removal and I watched it to the end. Now, I'm getting an ENDLESS feed of videos all condemning the the star cruiser and talking about the cancellations. I wonder how many cancellations are now due to the "knock-on" effect of these videos?

BTW, haven't seen any that are defending Disney on this. I don't know whether that's Google's algorithm at play or there just aren't any pro-Disney videos on this subject. I checked and the usual subjects haven't commented. I'm guessing they don't want to lose their "press reservation" on the star cruiser...

drizgirl

I had some youtuber commenting on the video removal and I watched it to the end. Now, I'm getting an ENDLESS feed of videos all condemning the the star cruiser and talking about the cancellations. I wonder how many cancellations are now due to the "knock-on" effect of these videos?

BTW, haven't seen any that are defending Disney on this. I don't know whether that's Google's algorithm at play or there just aren't any pro-Disney videos on this subject. I checked and the usual subjects haven't commented. I'm guessing they don't want to lose their "press reservation" on the star cruiser...
I feel at this point Disney should have just left it up. The act of taking it down created so much bad publicity and was probably worse than leaving it.

LovePop

Shouldn't Disney make another video to replace the one they took down? Or are they too ashamed of the hotel to show people what it really looks like?

Consider this simple promo video for the Disney Cruise. Nothing to it, just shows a few areas of the ship, nobody even talks. It really makes you want to go, it looks so stunning.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom