News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

dmw

In the Parks
No
If this gets bonkers level sold out dates, Disney can certainly wait on giving vloggers tours... they won't need the advertising.

OTOH, if this isn't selling out (mostly due to the cost, I'd imagine), then Disney will light up the Vlog Signal much sooner than later.

Or, imagine a two-day event just for vloggers and everyone 'role-playing' is doing so pointing cameras at one another!
I hope vloggers are never allowed to video while attending/participating in one of the trips!

Chomama

I hope vloggers are never allowed to video while attending/participating in one of the trips!
Totally agree. For an experience like this having people with phones and selfie sticks all day will really damage immersion. It’s expensive. I don’t want to spend my short visit watching people make ride videos

LovePop

Unfortunately (or fortunately) there were still many slots for 3/1 open as of yesterday morning. I don't think it "sold out" until late in the day. And I heard a rumor are that it's not truly sold out at all. Couldn't parse whether that meant just the 33/GO/AP/DVC slots are gone and others exist or if that implies phantom inventory.

Apparently the number of suites is pretty low on board, so that may have been why it lasted a bit past the 33/GO window.
I looked at the website yesterday and it said March 1 was sold out. So I'm looking at it again right now and it says March 1 is available. Don't know if it's a computer glitch or somebody cancelled.

Here is my screen capture at 10/8/2021, 5:28 p.m EST, for March:

Capture2.PNG

JoeCamel

If this gets bonkers level sold out dates, Disney can certainly wait on giving vloggers tours... they won't need the advertising.

OTOH, if this isn't selling out (mostly due to the cost, I'd imagine), then Disney will light up the Vlog Signal much sooner than later.

Or, imagine a two-day event just for vloggers and everyone 'role-playing' is doing so pointing cameras at one another!
spid.jpg

LovePop

You're forgetting star wars fans who aren't Disney parks fans.
I haven't forgotten them, but they haven't showed en masse at Galaxy's Edge like they were expected to do, so I don't expect too many of them to show up at the hotel. I don't really care who shows up as long as they do. It's be very impressive to see the hotel booked full despite the high price. Not so exciting if the hotel ends up not doing well.

Last edited:

LovePop

I looked at the website yesterday and it said March 1 was sold out. So I'm looking at it again right now and it says March 1 is available. Don't know if it's a computer glitch or somebody cancelled.

Here is my screen capture at 10/8/2021, 5:28 p.m EST, for March:

View attachment 592006
Now I'm checkin at 11:46 pm EST same day and March 1st is sold out again. Maybe somebody cancelled, and then somebody else snatched it up.

I've been calling Disney all day for an unrelated matter and the wait time was 120 minutes in the morning, 99 minutes in the evening. I tried to just use the phone computer to send me a confirmation for my reservation, but each time it says "we are having technical difficulties" and couldn't do it. With all the genie+ launching, MDE has been nonfunctional for me every few hours. So maybe after all these problems get fixed, the reservations will proceed better.

LovePop

You are assuming that non-vlogger guests won't be doing the same thing?
I'm assuming that all the NON-vloggers will turn into vloggers the moment they they step inside the SW hotel, and will keep their cameras filming until 2 days later when they get out. For that much money, it only makes sense. Especially those on the March 1 maiden voyage launch.

_caleb

I’m convinced that Disney reservations (for ADRs, resorts, everything) has an algorithm that artificially changes the prices and availability you see in a web browser session in an attempt to push you to book more expensive options. Maybe that’s happening with the Starcruiser availability?

pdude81

I’m convinced that Disney reservations (for ADRs, resorts, everything) has an algorithm that artificially changes the prices and availability you see in a web browser session in an attempt to push you to book more expensive options. Maybe that’s happening with the Starcruiser availability?
They published a pdf point chart for DVC. I assume here the prices are baked in until after the early reservation window is over.

LovePop

I've heard people say that they want to stay at the SW hotel so that they can get on RotR without wait or boarding group. But RotR can now be obtained for a mere $15 LL price (compared to 3K/night), I imagine such people will no longer plan for the SW hotel. I also think it diminishes the value of the stay somewhat, when the big special fastpass for RotR can be purchased for $15. It seems more worthwhile to just stay in the hotel during the Batuu visit. Like maybe get on that transport and take a ride to Batuu, but quickly come back afterwards because the hotel is worth much more than Batuu or even RotR per hour. Especially if consider the fact that most people who stay at the hotel very likely are APs, so the trip to Batuu is something they can do any time for "free," except for paying $15 for RotR. If there's nothing particular to do during that time, I would just sit in the room and stare out the window. God knows I paid enough for that privilege. Why waste it? I only got 2 days.

Also, Disney is offering a quick service meal at Batuu. I think NOBODY should waste their stomach space eating that. I would deny myself and go back to feast on that lunch at the hotel, just like Thanksgiving.

JoeCamel

Just like on the travel sites, Amazon and most high level shopping if you clear your cookies before each visit you get true pricing, if you don't the pricing and options are adjusted to squeeze as much money as they can.
Your penalty for not impulse booking when you first got on the site.

Disstevefan1

Now I'm checkin at 11:46 pm EST same day and March 1st is sold out again. Maybe somebody cancelled, and then somebody else snatched it up.

I've been calling Disney all day for an unrelated matter and the wait time was 120 minutes in the morning, 99 minutes in the evening. I tried to just use the phone computer to send me a confirmation for my reservation, but each time it says "we are having technical difficulties" and couldn't do it. With all the genie+ launching, MDE has been nonfunctional for me every few hours. So maybe after all these problems get fixed, the reservations will proceed better.
The Disney call center at its finest. When nothing is going on Disney can’t handle its call volume.

LovePop

Disney Vacation Club members and Passholders October 7 through October 9.

Current booking status, 10/9/2021, 1:26pm EST:

10-9-2021 119pm.PNG

Previously, by 10/6, for Club 33 and Golden Oak, March 1 maiden voyage was full.

Results so far:

Club 33 and Golden Oak: 1 stay, March 1
DVC and Passholder: 2 stays, March 3 and 5

I've decided to keep track of the booking progress for the next 30 days or so, just to have a record of how fast the hotel books up. I am only counting when the rooms are shown to be full, which is the only info I have. It is possible, for example, that March 3 and 5 actually have 90% Golden Oak and only 10% DVC, but I have no way to tell, so I'm just going to go by when the rooms are shown as full. Just to get a vague idea how many from each group are booking.

Edit: additional information posted later today from

SWGalaxys_Edge: "from my TA friend - ALL of the "non-standard" rooms are all reserved for the March 1-May 4 booking timeframe. Nothing but standard cabins left.

Last edited:

BHF

Now I'm beginning to wonder if Disney went far too generous with pricing, at least for 2022, seeing how quickly this thing is filling up.

Rabid eagerness and wallets are speaking loudly to you, Bob. Take note.

SWGalaxys_Edge

Disney Vacation Club members and Passholders October 7 through October 9.

Current booking status, 10/9/2021, 1:26pm EST:

View attachment 592230

Previously, by 10/6, for Club 33 and Golden Oak, March 1 maiden voyage was full.

Results so far:

Club 33 and Golden Oak: 1 stay, March 1
DVC and Passholder: 2 stays, March 3 and 5

I've decided to keep track of the booking progress for the next 30 days or so, just to have a record of how fast the hotel books up. I am only counting when the rooms are shown to be full, which is the only info I have. It is possible, for example, that March 3 and 5 actually have 90% Golden Oak and only 10% DVC, but I have no way to tell, so I'm just going to go by when the rooms are shown as full. Just to get a vague idea how many from each group are booking.

from my TA friend - ALL of the "non-standard" rooms are all reserved for the March 1-May 4 booking timeframe. Nothing but standard cabins left.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom