News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

celluloid

I can not believe we’re still discussing this one 5(ish) minute activity.

This does not give a good description of Starcruiser’s actual experience. I wish everyone would give it up.

Most theme park experiences or that length on average or slightly over or under ride time. It is a better brand and a lot cheaper dividing the experiencing time.

A few of those is a great encapsulation. Everything either enhances or diminishes the brand.

Unbanshee

This does not give a good description of Starcruiser’s actual experience. I wish everyone would give it up.

Disney are the buffoons who invited local news to disseminate the experience. Garbage in, garbage out - not that Disney will learn that lesson anytime soon

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Tell me, how did bookings slowing down shortly after opening work out again? 🤔

It's AMAAAZING.

You took what I said out of its historical timeline to score some sort of social points.

As well as trying to reignite cringegate.

Your posts are an embarrassment.

These dancers look great compared to your schadenfreude jig based on intentional falsehoods.

Yes, it closed. Which I held out as a possibility in the very post you quoted saying it may run out of whales. It did. No points for you.

Good day, sir.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

It failed. Not the people involved…the idea.

Don’t take it personally…but don’t try to shine it either

It’s a “symbol” of alot more than 5 minutes…so it will live on…
Basically “we don’t have a clue” in 3D

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
You took what I said out of its historical timeline to score some sort of social points.

As well as trying to reignite cringegate summarize KK’s entire disney career

Your posts are an embarrassment Mostly correct and hard to dispute honestly…

These dancers belong in a Star Wars “adventure” about as much as an Xrated sequence in a Disney cartoon. There was a bar band in ANH and a weird alien dance thing (to kill the girl) in Jedi. That’s it. Over. Nobody ever wanted to “reenact that”

Yes, it closed. Which I held out as a possibility in the very post you quoted saying it may run out of whales. It did. it failed because whales don’t hang out in amusement parks. Which could have been discovered by making about a dozen phone calls. The middle class does…which is where Disney AND Star Wars has made all of its money. Check the numbers.
Good day, sir.
It’s always a good day for the truth.

Last edited:

TP2000

As well as trying to reignite cringegate.

Your posts are an embarrassment.

These dancers look great compared to your schadenfreude jig based on intentional falsehoods.

Yes, it closed. Which I held out as a possibility in the very post you quoted saying it may run out of whales. It did. No points for you.

Good day, sir.

Don't take it so hard, it's nothing personal. It's just the truth and basic facts.

But it's important that we never forget how badly this thing failed. And why. Because I think this failure is the perfect encapsulation of the Late Bob Iger & Sidekick Tightpants Era of "Experiences".

Also, the line dancing video is so hilarious, when it popped up randomly in my YouTube algorithm last night, I just had a good laugh over it (again) and wanted to share. 🤣🤣🤣

No personal offense to you intended. :)

cjkeating

I went on the Starcruiser last month. If I get the chance I am going to write a short review, I appreciate I am not going to change anyones opinion on this weeks before it closes but it was honestly the greatest thing I've ever done at Walt Disney World. Maybe this will change over time and knowing it was not possible to repeat it made it bittersweet but I do think it is one of the greatest things WDI has achieved since the opening of DisneySea or Animal Kingdom. *Note I am a mid tier Star Wars fan.

pdude81

I went on the Starcruiser last month. If I get the chance I am going to write a short review, I appreciate I am not going to change anyones opinion on this weeks before it closes but it was honestly the greatest thing I've ever done at Walt Disney World. Maybe this will change over time and knowing it was not possible to repeat it made it bittersweet but I do think it is one of the greatest things WDI has achieved since the opening of DisneySea or Animal Kingdom. *Note I am a mid tier Star Wars fan.
Glad you got a chance to do it.

Epcot81Fan

I’m just checking, we’re still talking about this, correct?

1694065396858.jpeg

Dragonman

No.

The people who did the StarCruiser have generally given it rave reviews.

A few people are still criticizing it based on brief video clips or photos that don't reflect the experience as a whole, by all accounts.

They are best ignored.
You have to remember the initial batch was all paid online influencers and Dis-bloggers covering it.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
You have to remember the initial batch was all paid online influencers and Dis-bloggers covering it.
Disney doesn't pay influencers.

Many got a free one-day experience as part of the media showcase. Businesses regularly give out such previews as part of free advertising.

Some got a free two-day experience.

Then, many of the ones who attended freely to report what it is, went back on their own dime to give a review free from the appearance of being paid for a good review.

Then, many of the people who attending who were not influencers posted their own vlogs and reviews.

And in general, it got great reviews.

"The captain's make up was SO CRINGE!!!" - said no one...​
"The line dance to entertain the people who didn't do the excursion to Batuu was SO CRINGE!!! -said no one...​

..except for the haters who never went and tried to tank the experience before it started with CRINGEGATE!!!!!

What was your personal experience of the Starcruiser when you went? Hmm?

Disstevefan1

Many got a free one-day experience as part of the media showcase. Businesses regularly give out such previews as part of free advertising.

Some got a free two-day experience.
If these folks want to continue to get free stuff, they must give positive reviews obviously.

That said, I think they pulled the plug on this too soon on this.

It almost as if the write off was worth more to the company than the venue its self.

celluloid

Disney doesn't pay influencers.

Then, many of the ones who attended freely to report what it is, went back on their own dime to give a review free from the appearance of being paid for a good review.
They do in perceived value. Reciprocity.

If a chunk of people who went back in its short less than two year lifespan were the influencers who already went for free, could turn around and nab another paid reservation, then that just shows the level of failure this was. You see an Influencers job is to, influence!
The fact that less than a 140,000 paying parties ever stayed there, makes this not only a failure, but besides documentation of nerdydom, will be forgotten to the sands of time.
It did not make Disney the money they wanted, and it did not do anything in entertainment worth keeping.

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
If these folks want to continue to get free stuff, they must give positive reviews obviously.

That said, I think they pulled the plug on this too soon on this.

It almost as if the write off was worth more to the company than the venue its self.

They do in perceived value. Reciprocity.

If a chunk of people who went back in its short less than two year lifespan were the influencers who already went for free, could turn around and nab another paid reservation, then that just shows the level of failure this was. You see an Influencers job is to, influence!
The fact that less than a 140,000 paying parties ever stayed there, makes this not only a failure, but besides documentation of nerdydom, will be forgotten to the sands of time.
It did not make Disney the money they wanted, and it did not do anything in entertainment worth keeping.

I don't know if I should consider it amazing that the two of you missed the part where I pointed out that the vlogs and reviews of PEOPLE WHO AREN'T INFLUENCERS also gave it great reviews, or, not that amazing that you would purposely overlook that, in order to further your ad hominem attack against anyone who gave it a great review.

As a reminder, the post you responded to said:

Then, many of the people who attending who were not influencers posted their own vlogs and reviews.

But you want to make it all about the tainted reviews of influencers or go off on a tangent about lack of capacity. Go back to arguing how *cringe* it was that you never experienced.

Disstevefan1

I don't know if I should consider it amazing that the two of you missed the part where I pointed out that the vlogs and reviews of PEOPLE WHO AREN'T INFLUENCERS also gave it great reviews, or, not that amazing that you would purposely overlook that, in order to further your ad hominem attack against anyone who gave it a great review.

As a reminder, the post you responded to said:

But you want to make it all about the tainted reviews of influencers or go off on a tangent about lack of capacity. Go back to arguing how *cringe* it was that you never experienced.
I may have miss the part where I said:

"That said, I think they pulled the plug on this too soon on this.

It almost as if the write off was worth more to the company than the venue its self."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom