News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

kingdead

Most don’t have APs, that’s not the clientele Starcruiser is attracting.
Florida man not welcome on the ship, eh?

From what I've seen guests get some special treatment on the rides and in the restaurants, but there's no special area that's Starcruiser-access only. The "missions" piggyback on the games that you can already play on your phone with general admission.

MagicHappens1971

Florida man not welcome on the ship, eh?

From what I've seen guests get some special treatment on the rides and in the restaurants, but there's no special area that's Starcruiser-access only. The "missions" piggyback on the games that you can already play on your phone with general admission.
As I mentioned they get LLs for the attractions, and they also get pins to show that they’re Halcyon guests. The Docking Bay where the shuttles arrive is exclusive to Starcruiser guests. Not much there just a covered area where they have waters and other sundries for the guests. The missions don’t work off the game you can play with general admission. The Starcruiser experience has its own “datapad” on the Play Disney Parks app that has its own missions. The missions vary from guest to guest based on the choices they make and the people they interact with.

Also Hondo greets Halcyon guests differently in the preshow area right before you board the falcon

GimpYancIent

As I mentioned they get LLs for the attractions, and they also get pins to show that they’re Halcyon guests. The Docking Bay where the shuttles arrive is exclusive to Starcruiser guests. Not much there just a covered area where they have waters and other sundries for the guests. The missions don’t work off the game you can play with general admission. The Starcruiser experience has its own “datapad” on the Play Disney Parks app that has its own missions. The missions vary from guest to guest based on the choices they make and the people they interact with.

Also Hondo greets Halcyon guests differently in the preshow area right before you board the falcon
🥱

GimpYancIent

There are some people that get a little *too* into it imho. One teenager was dressed in a full-up First Order officer's uniform and basically goose-stepped around. Even his Dad mentioned to me with a side-glance that he thought it was a little much.
Hey! If a serious amount of credits (as in $$$$$) are going to be spent for an experience / fantasy by all means immerse, do it, be the fantasy you want. Don't see anything negative with that.

note2001

Hey! If a serious amount of credits (as in $$$$$) are going to be spent for an experience / fantasy by all means immerse, do it, be the fantasy you want. Don't see anything negative with that.
So long as that teen understood it was a cosplay game and not reality and they also respected that not everyone there wanted to be that immersed into it, I agree, that's fine.

If I spent thousands on an event like that and my kids wanted to act out a part, I'd sit back and enjoy the show.
Sounds like the dad was a bit embarrassed by the character his son chose. 😆

Last edited:

EPCOT-O.G.

So long as that teen understood it was a cosplay game and not reality and they also respected that not everyone there wanted to be that immersed into it, I agree, that's fine.

If I spent thousands on an event like that and my kids wanted to act out a part, I'd sit back and enjoy the show.
When I dropped $70 on my son’s interactive Harry Potter wand, you better believe I wanted to see him try out some spells. If you’re “too cool” then save dad the coin.

kingdead

There are some people that get a little *too* into it imho. One teenager was dressed in a full-up First Order officer's uniform and basically goose-stepped around. Even his Dad mentioned to me with a side-glance that he thought it was a little much.
Gonna be for real, if my child wanted to do that instead of Jedi it would be a real "where did I go wrong" moment for me.

I RAISED A JEDI. IF YOU WANT TO WANDER AROUND IN A UNIFORM YOU CAN GET A JOB. I'M NOT PAYING FOR YOU TO DO IT.

note2001

Gonna be for real, if my child wanted to do that instead of Jedi it would be a real "where did I go wrong" moment for me.

I RAISED A JEDI. IF YOU WANT TO WANDER AROUND IN A UNIFORM YOU CAN GET A JOB. I'M NOT PAYING FOR YOU TO DO IT.
That may be exactly the reason the teen chose to be a First Order cosplayer. Kids will most often do the opposite just to prove they have minds of their own. If they follow everything mom and dad want them to do then you've raised a follower, not a leader.

RobWDW1971

The more important question is do other guests paying thousands of dollars a night want to be subjected to this kid's "cosplay"?

This kind of thing is exactly why I personally would never do it - the people that are on it playing dress up. I continue to believe the actual number of adults who both want to do that and be subjected to others doing it is an incredibly small number that Disney vastly overestimated.

MagicHappens1971

The more important question is do other guests paying thousands of dollars a night want to be subjected to this kid's "cosplay"?

This kind of thing is exactly why I personally would never do it - the people that are on it playing dress up. I continue to believe the actual number of adults who both want to do that and be subjected to others doing it is an incredibly small number that Disney vastly overestimated.
The guests that do get dressed up are probably 25-35%, depending on the voyage. If you're not into the dress up aspect though, you wouldn't be into the hands on, interactive aspects of the experience either though. Not saying you have to dress up to enjoy it, but if you can't handle other people dressed up, you're not going to be able to handle the experience.

corran horn

The guests that do get dressed up are probably 25-35%, depending on the voyage. If you're not into the dress up aspect though, you wouldn't be into the hands on, interactive aspects of the experience either though. Not saying you have to dress up to enjoy it, but if you can't handle other people dressed up, you're not going to be able to handle the experience.
We went in May last year and probably 85% of people at least dressed in-universe. That's not to say they all had backstories but there were very few Cubs hats for example.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I'm surprised there wasn't any pole dancing.
1681763341603.png

CaptainAmerica

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom