News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

durangojim

I'm happy the "regular" paying people who are experiencing it are having a great time! Maybe being in the atmosphere and having your disbelief suspended make the ship appear better than what it does in the videos. Who knows, after 6 months and seeing and hearing lots of reviews and opinions maybe I'll convince my wife or one of my kids to go on this with me. I'm not afraid to change my mind and be proven wrong, although I still think the price should be lower.

VaderTron

yeah, even if this blows my mind we're never doing it again. It's a bucket list thing.
Back in 2019 when the NBA Experience opened the admin for WDW Magic posted that it had overall good reviews from the guests who actually did the experience.

They just couldn't get enough of them to do it. And that was at a $35 price point.

Price for two people:

$70------------------------------------>$4800

😬😬😬

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
That's exactly what they'll do if it works. Adventureland hotel stay, Haunted Mansion, etc, etc...
No they absolutely won’t…but it will be tempting.

They don’t build new hotels…If you notice…and there is a ceiling on how many times you can go to that well.

Plus the two things that nobody seems to comprehend on boards:
1. Longterm commitment to costs
2. Diminishing returns.

You know where they hate that?

1646237713739.jpeg

Disney Analyst

A lot of opinions but the first wave (that first batch of guests) is just now disembarking from their immersive experience. I would like to hear / read their descriptions and analysis of their experiences. Did they have fun? Did it meet expectations? Did the cruise experience justify the cost? Are they satisfied as a onetime experience, or do they want to do it again? The ball is now in their court (the paying guests / customers / travelers' opinions) as to how this project will be viewed.

I believe this is actually their full day right now. They boarded yesterday. Many will be in Batuu today.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I'm happy the "regular" paying people who are experiencing it are having a great time! Maybe being in the atmosphere and having your disbelief suspended make the ship appear better than what it does in the videos. Who knows, after 6 months and seeing and hearing lots of reviews and opinions maybe I'll convince my wife or one of my kids to go on this with me. I'm not afraid to change my mind and be proven wrong, although I still think the price should be lower.
I haven’t ruled it out.

I don’t think the value is there…but I’m still open to it…

The problem I have is what’s going on in the rest of that compound. They are REALLY trying/bullting their way to killing the golden goose

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I think it definitely plays out better in person that seeing snippets online. A couple of drinks here and there and getting swept away in the whole thing appears to put people on a 48 hour high. And that is awesome for those that can afford it.

GimpYancIent

No they absolutely won’t…but it will be tempting.

They don’t build new hotels…If you notice…and there is a ceiling on how many times you can go to that well.

Plus the two things that nobody seems to comprehend on boards:
1. Longterm commitment to costs
2. Diminishing returns.

You know where they hate that?

View attachment 624905
The Disney Co. is not currently experiencing that downside effect, yet. Currently skirting the edge while groping higher.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Back in 2019 when the NBA Experience opened the admin for WDW Magic posted that it had overall good reviews from the guests who actually did the experience.

They just couldn't get enough of them to do it. And that was at a $35 price point.

Price for two people:

$70------------------------------------>$4800

😬😬😬
Yeah I think there are some similarities with NBA. That was a niche market that people did seem to really enjoy. The price point was a problem, and that of course will also be the case here. It is definitely a risk for Disney, but they have plenty of plan B options in the event of it becoming a problem. Will be interesting to see what happens.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The Disney Co. is not currently experiencing that downside effect, yet. Currently skirting the edge while groping higher.
Exactly…Its what I’ve warned about for almost 2 decades (god…I’m old) is that once the “market” gets comfortable with cost cutting…they won’t accept anything else.

That’s why I think the customers are killing it for themselves. They’re making it a disposable product.

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Anybody invested enough to be there before the new car smell has evaporated is going to have a skewed perspective. The real test is the casual guest who doesn’t think about theme parks everyday — e.g. Len’s gushing sounded very much like somebody in the industry who was excited by the logistics as much as anything. Not sure average guests are going to have the same takeaway.
No TRUE GUEST would like it...

This was always Spirit's spiel, too. Current crop of Disney imagineers don't know what they're doing. The Execs don't care about parks. CMs are biased or afraid to speak out. Forum members don't remember the Golden Years. And the regular guests are sheeple who have no taste and know nothing about TRUE THEMING. So, who's left to give the true and correct judgment? Spirit! What a coincidence.

Everyone who doesn't hold my opinion just so happens to be unqualified to have their opposing opinion!

GimpYancIent

Yeah I think there are some similarities with NBA. That was a niche market that people did seem to really enjoy. The price point was a problem, and that of course will also be the case here. It is definitely a risk for Disney, but they have plenty of plan B options in the event of it becoming a problem. Will be interesting to see what happens.
There is that. "Options". Disney Co. at least did one thing right with this project and that is allowing avenues of escape.

Disney Analyst

I do think Star Wars will always be more fun and appealing over that niche NBA experience. At least Star Wars lends itself to fantasy and imagination. And of course they can adjust pricing, mix up the characters, new stories, have Mando cruises, etc.

I can see a lot of potential to keep it fresh as it gets older.

VaderTron

I haven’t ruled it out.

I don’t think the value is there…but I’m still open to it…

The problem I have is what’s going on in the rest of that compound. They are REALLY trying/bull****ting their way to killing the golden goose

Yeah I'm not ponying up that kind of cash for 2 days of anything. Sorry. If people are still giving me a hard time when I charge $140 for a repair to a $100,000+ vehicle I'd be the looney tune for handing over practically half a year's mortgage for 2 days in a cargo hold.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Definitely more appeal here because the history of the Star Wars/Disney fanbase…

…but the long game is really tough on this. Disney looks outside the window between bashful and doc and sees “unlimited money”…but they still are dependent on good will and “small scale” sales. Gonna be hard to sustain this pricing. And that’s assuming that recessions and unemployment has been outlawed. Yikes

VaderTron

With Disney's default "plan B option" being....

CLOSED

(see NBA Experience)

🤣

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Yeah I'm not ponying up that kind of cash for 2 days of anything. Sorry. If people are still giving me a hard time when I charge $140 for a repair to a $100,000+ vehicle I'd be the looney tune for handing over practically half a year's mortgage for 2 days in a cargo hold.
By the way…when am I getting my Maybach back?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom