News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

TiggerDad

RSoxNo1

I've proven to myself beyond a shadow of a doubt that I can't properly search the permit site. Can someone please post a direct link to the images?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I've proven to myself beyond a shadow of a doubt that I can't properly search the permit site. Can someone please post a direct link to the images?

1. Go to: https://www.sfwmd.gov/
2. Hover: "Doing Business with us"
3. Click: Permits

1523071842198.png

4. Choose Permits
5. Choose ePermiting

1523071939032.png
1523071968644.png

6. Choose Records Search
7. Choose Application/Permit
8. Fill out search form...
a. Change Issuing Agency to All​
b. Under company name, search for Disney using global wildcard "%" and type in "%disn%" without the quotes​
c. narrow dates​
d. click search​

1523072177446.png

9. The resulting permits will have two links: one to the documentation which includes the blueprints and one to a map (the map doesn't work for me in Firefox, but it does in Chrome).
10. Click on the number link...

1523072628414.png

11. The number link will open a new tab that lists the attached documents arranged in folders...

1523072707466.png

12. Click on the folder icons to open the directory.
13. Find the plans/diagrams and click on it. You'll get the pdfs.

1523072840340.png

14. Or, click here:

http://apps.sfwmd.gov/entsb/docdownload?object_id=0900eeea8a42784b

http://apps.sfwmd.gov/entsb/docdownload?object_id=0900eeea8a425d68

Last edited:

Next Big Thing

So the hotel is either going to be a tower with guests using DHS for parking or this site blogmickey is talking about is simply too small for anything of substance.
I highly doubt the hotel is going to have a high amount of rooms considering the price point we're looking at so the area blog mickey pointed out is perfectly fine. No tower needed i'd think.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
So the hotel is either going to be a tower with guests using DHS for parking or this site blogmickey is talking about is simply too small for anything of substance.

Based on just what is in the permits they could potentially use all this space, which is 23 acres. That would be enough for 6 Pop-Century building with room to spare. I would not expect this hotel to have a huge room count so it appears there would be plenty of room. They could also use the far end of the DHS parking lot as the lot of the hotel. We also don't know for sure the hotel will be limited to this space. The permit is only about stockpiling dirt, it isn't the actual permit for the hotel yet, so it could expand into the area to the east.

1523282448646.png

FerretAfros

I'm just going to say for fun that it is Project H(arvest) as in Blue Harvest as in Return of the Jedi. It may be wrong but sounds cool.
At the WDI pavilion for the 2013 D23 Expo, they had 'mysterious' crates labeled Orange Harvest that were very clearly supposed to be teasers for upcoming Star Wars projects. They didn't give away any meaningful information at the event, and the actual plans changed several times before construction began, but you may be onto something!
d23-star-wars-orange-harvest.jpg

doctornick

In regards to parking, I feel like there should be plenty of room there for an appropriate amount of parking for a smallish hotel without having to use the DHS parking lots. Wouldn't be surprised to see the parking on the south or west side of the hotel away from the greater DHS lots.

AEfx

In regards to parking, I feel like there should be plenty of room there for an appropriate amount of parking for a smallish hotel without having to use the DHS parking lots. Wouldn't be surprised to see the parking on the south or west side of the hotel away from the greater DHS lots.

And double-charge for the parking fee because they will name the sections after favorite Star Wars characters.

roj2323

Technically true but if the goal is an immersive experience, they will need to separate the hotel from the parking and have transport between the two in the form of a rail/tube transport of some kind that simulates transport to and from the planet surface.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom