News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

flynnibus

Premium Member
So the first bit, that's saying not exclusive access then? And I get that when you are there, you get some kind of extra interaction or experiences with special magic bands no doubt.

It was specifically asked if the period in the park would only be for the SW resort guests.. and they said no. Again, that was the answer at the time. (because when discussing price... if you told me you'd have EXCLUSIVE access to the most popular theme park land in the world... that's worth a lot!).

But "continuation" doesn't necessarily mean only at the end. I still hope you would get some kind of access during your stay but we'll have to see. For me that would seal the deal. I'd only be doing this with my family. I like Star Wars, but not obsessed! I'd want some break out space during those 48 hours and being able to go to look around SW:GE would do it. So would a pool, a bar and some comfy seats though!

The whole idea is there is enough activities to keep you interested within this location...

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
@CaptainAmerica Calm down, Nerd. There will be normal SW fans there, you need to start accepting it.
Kids, casual fans, it won’t be full of super geeks at all times.[/QUOTE]
That's fine, I just want them to offer the full super geek experience. If they de-geekify the thing, they're going to alienate the core group of people willing to pay for this type of thing.

21stamps

@CaptainAmerica Calm down, Nerd. There will be normal SW fans there, you need to start accepting it.
Kids, casual fans, it won’t be full of super geeks at all times.
That's fine, I just want them to offer the full super geek experience. If they de-geekify the thing, they're going to alienate the core group of people willing to pay for this type of thing.[/QUOTE]

Oh don’t worry, I think that’s going to be the best part even for us non-geek fans. I’ll be there with a drink in my hand trying not to laugh at the grown men playing out their childhood fantasies. Best people watching opportunity ever. ;)

(I don’t know why this quoted incorrectly)

...it's a yungle

Armchair engine-Ear-ing.

When TSL fully operational, remove Muppets and adjacent buildings, leaving nothing but Muppet facade.
Move muppets to story-tell/heckle from “Mainstreet” windows.
I know, add, don’t replace. I like the Muppets and their show.
But...would you trade it to keep Star Tours for good, by entering/exiting it from SW:GE!?

Blue border construction border, first floor Resort service, check-in for Spaceport transportation to resort, excursions via ships to and from resort (interactive events cloaked in resort), including Batuu, all serviced through separate passageways concealed by “SW doors”, and Batuu guest access to Spaceport for adventures far, far away...

#savestartours

7FCA709E-33AC-4809-B8ED-414BCFBBB30D.jpeg
E407E825-7FDC-4199-BE23-5014E54456C1.jpeg
8D2CBC5F-BF7A-4FE3-9D8E-08FF07A8C1B3.jpeg
520F449C-B840-4CB2-ABEC-FA1A9B65CE15.jpeg

raymusiccity

And still, they will probably fill the place with Disney College Program people for the actors which means the immersion part will be pretty iffy.

Disney can bypass the 'iffy' part by investing and outfitting some real time robots. Take a look at the 'Boston Dynamics' website to see some mind blowing robots. Imagine them opening ang closing doors for you while your aboard their spacecraft!
I wouldn't mind being visited by some other robots that have been welcomed on board. Maybe Gort or Robby will be available for some 'selfies' ! :happy:
IMG_2268.JPG

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
My issue is... I'm looking at it as thinking... "I want to book this as soon as it opens" even tho I really don't want to pay for it nor is it the best time for my family. But I'm convinced the experience will be the best it will ever be when it first opens... and its cost will only ever go up.

I wouldn't want to be in the first month's worth of guests. When you do a massive LARP, there's a lot of kinks to work out and people throw you all sorts of curveballs. The CMs are going to have to adjust the programming at first. Otherwise, you'll get things like, "Yeah, that terminal is supposed to display where the McGuffin is but it's not working." Or, "Yeah, your file says you can infect others with Space Disease, but that got out of hand and ruined people's experience, so, we've removed it as group event and we haven't printed up the new card files that have removed it as an option."

the.dreamfinder

Disney can bypass the 'iffy' part by investing and outfitting some real time robots. Take a look at the 'Boston Dynamics' website to see some mind blowing robots. Imagine them opening ang closing doors for you while your aboard their spacecraft!
I wouldn't mind being visited by some other robots that have been welcomed on board. Maybe Gort or Robby will be available for some 'selfies' ! :happy:
View attachment 263846
College kids are much cheaper than autonomous robots.

tk924

Disney Parks revealed quite a bit of new information yesterday as part of D23 Expo Japan, but probably the most tantalizing topic was that brand new Star Wars-themed hotel being built at Walt Disney World in Florida. We learned previously that Disney was crafting a Star Wars resort, offering a Westworld-like experience in which guests are given new identities and tasks once they arrive at the hotel.
Now, as revealed by DisneyParks, we have more details on exactly how this all will work. First off, the resort will be “seamlessly connected” to the new Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, which is the new theme park area that offers a brand new Star Wars experience. It’s Disney’s answer to Universal Studios’ Wizarding World of Harry Potter, except here they’re taking the Star Wars fandom to another level with this resort:
This first-of-its-kind resort will combine luxury with complete immersion into an authentic Star Wars story. Guests’ journey through space will start when everyone departs together for a multiday Stars Wars adventure by boarding a starship alive with characters and stories that unfold all around them during a voyage through the galaxy.

At the resort, guests immediately become active citizens of the galaxy and can dress up in the proper attire. Every resort window will also have a view into space. The opportunity for immersion at this resort will also stand out among all Disney resorts around the globe, as it will be seamlessly connected to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, allowing guests a total Star Wars experience.
There’s still no opening date just yet, but Galaxy’s Edge is expected to open in both Disneyland and Disney World in 2019, so one expects this resort to be ready at that time or soon after.

So the SW hotel will be located in DHS. That's cool.
Participants will get SW identities and clothing. Also cool.
The only way I would want to pay for this experience is to have an allotment of time each day during the stay where only the SW hotel guests would have access to SW:GE. No other resort guests, or APs or DVC members. Just SW resort guests.

phi2134

At first I was excited about the possibility of this hotel and what it might be like. After letting things sink in like the cost and the exclusivity, I am realizing that I will never get to/want to experience it. This place will be booked years out by the die-hard Star Wars fan base and the people with the money to burn. It has become more of Club 33 in my opinion, something that will be dangled as part of the overall Disney experience when in reality only a small number will get to actually take part in.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
I've wondered that too, as they haven't begun vertical construction on anything that could be a Star Wars Hotel yet. I assume it goes across the toll plaza lanes behind Star Wars Land in all that land they are clearing?

Regardless of where it goes, it obviously won't be opening with Star Wars Land next year. If they start vertical construction within the next year, it could make it to an opening by Christmas, 2020. If construction doesn't begin until next year, it could still make it for the 50th kickoff in Spring, 2021.

I'm afraid your budget won't be high enough then. Using the only Disney hotel in the United States that is connected to a theme park as a point of reference, Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa at Disney California Adventure...

The cheapest room is a "Standard View" room, which is actually a room looking at an interior wall or the street. Here's a Trip Advisor review of an "upper floor Standard View" room that looked out at the roof and Disneyland Drive beyond. For $660 per night.
disney-s-grand-californian.jpg

Then there's a "Courtyard View" room that looks out at the multiple interior courtyards at the Grand Californian. These start at $698 per night.

The next step up at the Grand Californian is a "Downtown Disney View" room that looks out on Downtown Disney and the trees surrounding the parking lot tram loading zone. For $795 per night.
l.jpg

Next you step up to a "Pool View" room, looking at the large pool complex on the southern flank of the hotel. For $820 per night.

Finally, you get to the Theme Park View rooms, with views of Paradise Pier or Grizzly Peak areas. These start at $995 per night, for two queens or one king.

I would have to imagine the Star Wars Hotel concept has a business case behind it where room rates start somewhere north of $1,000 per night, if not more by bundling together a meal or two per day and "special amenities" and all those extra CM's doing acting work for the guests. It's going to be very expensive, wherever and whenever it gets built.
View will be irrelevant at this resort, but I agree with your conclusion about the probable price point.

As an aside, who would ever pay for that theme park view at the Grand Cali? Gross. Talk about having a hard time immersing yourself in Radiator Springs once you've had the view of Southern California encroaching that strongly behind it.

tk924

This place will be booked years out by the die-hard Star Wars fan base and the people with the money to burn. It has become more of Club 33 in my opinion, something that will be dangled as part of the overall Disney experience when in reality only a small number will get to actually take part in.
That's a good point and might be true. It will be interesting to see how big (as in capacity) this new hotel will accommodate.

tk924

That could mean a lot of things. Disney's Magical Express "seamlessly connects" the Orlando International Airport to Animal Kingdom Lodge, but that doesn't mean that one of them is inside the other.
So you're comparing a moving car to a fixed hotel? Um, ok.
Everything I've read thus far indicates the SW hotel will at least be adjacent to SW:GE which would mean inside DHS.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
So you're comparing a moving car to a fixed hotel? Um, ok.
Everything I've read thus far indicates the SW hotel will at least be adjacent to SW:GE which would mean inside DHS.
It might be. But we have absolutely nothing credible that confirms it. You're the one making a giant logical leap with your inference that "seamlessly connected" means "inside."

tk924

It might be. But we have absolutely nothing credible that confirms it. You're the one making a giant logical leap with your inference that "seamlessly connected" means "inside."
Hopefully we'll get more detailed info about the actual location of the SW hotel soon. Believe what you will until then.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom