News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

SourcererMark79

In the Parks
No
Pools are immersive too!
Don't forget to bring this poolside
images.jpeg

Sir_Cliff

Well, they are called Universal STUDIOS, are they not? Sets the expectation for large, unthemed, sound stage-like buildings.

It's not like WDW's components are called Magic Kingdom Studios, or Epcot Studios, or even Animal Kingdom Studios...
That wasn't really the analogy I was going for. As with the Haunted Mansion show building, the themed elements are on the inside and guests don't see the exterior. It's pretty standard not to build everything out in three dimensions whether guests see it or not. So, as a gotcha moment it's pretty weak and petty considering Universal doesn't even build out things like the centrepiece of Volcano Bay which is on full display to guests.

Last edited:

matt9112

I didn’t know there was an official fan club for dumpster fires?

Funny how this is probably the only fan site with different opinions....any of the bigger name sites are so sanitized....because to love Disney you cant critique them right? Theres no way i can think the tower of terrror is one of the greatest attractions on earth unless i foam at the mouth for star cruiser?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Funny how this is probably the only fan site with different opinions....any of the bigger name sites are so sanitized....because to love Disney you cant critique them right? Theres no way i can think the tower of terrror is one of the greatest attractions on earth unless i foam at the mouth for star cruiser?
…you mean the ones that are storefronts for travel agencies?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Not that I think Disney shouldn’t be critiqued, I give them my fair share, just seems weird to make fun of a thing guests will never see as part of the experience. Show me a tweet about the ridiculous backside of France on show for all to see, that’ll I’ll give a thumbs up.
Twitter pot shots aside…I would assume what they’re doing is highlighting this is the most forced thing in the history of Disney parks…

studios Paris was done because they were contractually obligated to do it…

they just cannot seem to Handle this IP. I honestly don’t know why it’s so difficult to read it for them? The entire world is waiting to attack this when it opens…except for like 5 people on this thread who reject objectivity as a “theory”…

the buzz is terrible. They’re supposed to be the best at PR.
For anyone unhappy with the shuttle truck, I assume you are also equally unhappy with the Smuggler's Run ride vehicle. This looks nothing like the falcon.

View attachment 617285
I would say more take issue in the fact the ride sequence needs a complete retheme already…and been open about 2.5 years total and 1.75 were in stages of quarantine shutdown

Incomudro

If they’re looking to trade jabs Disney could post a picture of what a real steam engine looks like comempared to the plastic looking, pulling into station backwards, hogwarts express cable car.
Universal created an amazing experience themed on the outside and the inside - plus a fully built station with that train.
They created a purpose built transport.
Disney is themeing the inside of a truck, and from what we can tell so far - didn't even go all out on a $6,000.00 "premium" experience.
This is coming from a Disney guy, who has little interest in going back to Uni after our one trip.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Universal created an amazing experience themed on the outside and the inside - plus a fully built station with that train.
They created a purpose built transport.
Disney is themeing the inside of a truck, and from what we can tell so far - didn't even go all out on a $6,000.00 "premium" experience.
This is coming from a Disney guy, who has little interest in going back to Uni after our one trip.

Do you have a problem with the back side of the Hogwarts express?

1643467521299.png

EPCOT-O.G.

My suspicions of this not ever actually being a "fan" site finally confirmed.
Why can’t one be a fan but also express concern and dismay at the objectively stratospheric prices for a type of project Disney wants to do more of going forward, pricing out 98% of the country in the process? Or when some of its projects appear to not be rising to the same standards that made us fans in the first place?

kingdead

I'm sure that the appearance of the box truck (at least from the outside) isn't going to be THE dealbreaker for this hotel. But most of the experiences on board this "ship" are regular old theme park experiences--the card game, the lightsaber training, the droid racing are the equivalents of getting a wand at Olivander's at Universal or that Jedi training show that used to be available to kids. The Twilek singer is like going to Space 220, and the big "fight" that you get at the end of the hotel is the Spiderman stunt show or the live-action Beauty and the Beast.

You're paying $6k for stuff that you usually could do for a $100 upcharge at most. People were expecting real lightsabers and actual landspeeders for those prices.

sedati

Why can’t one be a fan but also express concern and dismay at the objectively stratospheric prices for a type of project Disney wants to do more of going forward, pricing out 98% of the country in the process? Or when some of its projects appear to not be rising to the same standards that made us fans in the first place?
I'd say it's where the baseline lies. A fan at least wants things to be good, and yes, has every right to be critical. But if you're here primarily for jabs and takedowns, like the person I was responding to, then you're not a fan. If you're starting at an assumed negative, how is that any definition of a fan? What's more, that's not how entertainment works. The audience plays a cooperative role in entertainment- it's a literal give and take. Cross your arms and grumble and you're guaranteed to not have a good time.

A few Statler and Waldorf types can be fun and keep things from getting overly pixie-dusty, but ours aren't nearly so clever and have proven so obnoxiously persistent that they drown out anything actually happening on stage. These diaper-flooders with their panicked what-if scenarios and default setting of utter doom and gloom are tiresome and the furthest thing from "fans." The hate has become the entertainment.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom