News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

You know what I find beyond stupid?

That they would even show all the pre-opening PR as the work of mere humans building a theme hotel in Florida.

The pre-opening PR should have only been in the context of the world they are creating. The PR should have been from the cruise line company itself, not an annoying child actor from an ABC sitcom. That Ann Morrow lady from Glendale should have been unseen and unheard in the PR videos. Only hire actors to be Halcyon cruise directors and passenger service managers to show off the ship and its amenities to potential passengers.

They've not only broken the fourth wall, they bulldozed it down and now want to overshare with us how clever and smart they are for building this fake Star Wars cruise ship hotel in a Florida swamp. Then they show us humans in Covid masks touring the incompleted and oddly generic looking ship. About as "magical" as a popped balloon in a puddle.

2021-wdw-disneys-contemporary-resort-destination-d23-josh-damaro-star-wars-galactic-starcruiser-lightsabler-training9.png

That was a huge mistake, if you ask me. They should have gone the Star Tours circa 1987 route, and pretended the entire thing was real and only communicate to us via employees of Chandrila Star Lines and the fictional world they created. That's worth a few grand per night if you commit 100% to the exotic world you created.

Of course, Star Tours in 1987 didn't have to pull back the curtain via D23 Expo exhibits and YouTube videos, but they still could have handled it the same way.

Pretend the Galactic Starcruiser is real and Chandrila Star Lines is its only spokesman. And for God's sake, leave the perky Imagineers and B List sitcom stars and Cool Dad Executives in skinny jeans and Covid masks out of it entirely.
Well said.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I am sure they have procedures in place because it's not a matter of if this happens, its a matter of when it happens.

Aside from the “this just isn’t for me “ folks, there WILL be fights break out on the cruiser because little Johnny did not get his turn and Dad gets involved.

In that case I hope everyone has a lightsaber to make it interesting (oh and smartphones to capture it all)

nickys

Premium Member
I'd be shocked. Their itineraries give 10 minutes for travel. I can't imagine telling people to come wait for 1 hour to travel to and from GE. And I'm imagining people missing something like lightsaber training because they need to sit a the bus depot to transfer back for an hour.
I am assuming guests will get different itineraries.

Let’s say there are 10 rooms per group, so 10 groups.
Departures could be staggered in 10/15 minute intervals.
Whilst the first groups are heading to GE, the later ones could be doing light sabre training and then going to GE. The early groups will be scheduled for it after they return.

EPCOT-O.G.

What happens if ROTR breaks down during their stay...will they get to try later on or just be like "Welp! too bad"
"Rise was broken during my allotted time window. Can I go sometime after dinner?"

"Oh, not so bright sons. Sorry to hear that." (winces as looking down at datapad). "I am sorry, but you are scheduled for a spontaneous, unexpected story moment at that time."

"But I really want to go. The park's going to be open and it's like a 5 minute walk."

(winces again) "So sorry, but the transports no longer run off-ship after 1:30 p.m."

Cesar R M

“Starcruiser security, please report to the bridge, a Jedi knight has turned to the dark side in front of padawans”
That poor Security CM that had asked to be transferred to the starcruiser after experiencing back to back brawls at slinky: "Son of a....."

:hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious:

Later on: Then the SecCM goes full Palpatine and practices genocide in the starcruiser.

UNCgolf

I assume not everyone in the hotel will go at the same time, the 8:45-9:30 was just one sample itinerary. Unless they are running a lot of shuttles they would have a hard time getting everyone to GE at the same time anyway.

I think the opposite -- that they'll send all the GE people there first thing and not even open the ride until they've all boarded, or at least are all in line. I expect everyone to be in Batuu for roughly the same period of time. They'll shuttle everyone there in 30-45 minute window, then shuttle them all back in another 30-45 minute window. Sending people at different times throughout the day would make things a lot harder operationally, since they could end up with 20+ minute waits even in the ILL line, and it also makes it more likely that the ride would be down for some people.

sedati

"Rise was broken during my allotted time window. Can I go sometime after dinner?"

"Oh, not so bright sons. Sorry to hear that." (winces as looking down at datapad). "I am sorry, but you are scheduled for a spontaneous, unexpected story moment at that time."

"But I really want to go. The park's going to be open and it's like a 5 minute walk."

(winces again) "So sorry, but the transports no longer run off-ship after 1:30 p.m."
You seem well capable of imagining and plotting out spontaneous scenarios in a fantasy setting- YOU WOULD MAKE A GOOD LARPER! (And I'd apply this to all those churning out the endless "what ifs?" but can't imagine how this thing could actually work.)

Last edited:

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I think the opposite -- that they'll send all the GE people there first thing and not even open the ride until they've all boarded, or at least are all in line. I expect everyone to be in Batuu for roughly the same period of time. They'll shuttle everyone there in 30-45 minute window, then shuttle them all back in another 30-45 minute window. Sending people at different times throughout the day would make things a lot harder operationally, since they could end up with 20+ minute waits even in the ILL line, and it also makes it more likely that the ride would be down for some people.

Unless they find a way for them to not wait in line at all.

GimpYancIent

That poor Security CM that had asked to be transferred to the starcruiser after experiencing back to back brawls at slinky: "Son of a....."

:hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious:

Later on: Then the SecCM goes full Palpatine and practices genocide in the starcruiser.
Emperor BC would be very displeased dead guests would mean compensation to next of kin, it must be guised as natural causes.

TP2000

I do wonder how they handle hotel guests who don't want to play along, or don't follow the itinerary and "rules". Because that's gonna happen.

Dad and 10 year old son may be super into it and follow the itinerary to the letter, but mom and 15 year old daughter are not. Mom wants to sit in her cabin watching TV and doing some work on her laptop, and after a few hours on the ship daughter leaves and goes to Disney Springs and then wants to get back to the ship at 10pm.

Is mom forced to leave the ship in the morning with everyone else, or can she hang out in her cabin all day and then go and try and find a late lunch in the hotel somewhere? Is teenage daughter allowed back to the ship after the shuttle service to Star Wars Land ends? Can she just take a Disney bus to the hotel lobby and go back "up" via the transfer pod anytime?

I'm sure they've thought of that. You'll have some folks who just aren't into it and decide not to follow the itinerary, or want to leave or move about at inconvenient times. What's the process there exactly I wonder?

GimpYancIent

I do wonder how they handle hotel guests who don't want to play along, or don't follow the itinerary and "rules". Because that's gonna happen.

Dad and 10 year old son may be super into it and follow the itinerary to the letter, but mom and 15 year old daughter are not. Mom wants to sit in her cabin watching TV and doing some work on her laptop, and after a few hours on the ship daughter leaves and goes to Disney Springs and then wants to get back to the ship at 10pm.

Is mom forced to leave the ship in the morning with everyone else, or can she hang out in her cabin all day and then go and try and find a late lunch in the hotel somewhere? Is teenage daughter allowed back to the ship after the shuttle service to Star Wars Land ends? Can she just take a Disney bus to the hotel lobby and go back "up" via the transfer pod anytime?

I'm sure they've thought of that. You'll have some folks who just aren't into it and decide not to follow the itinerary, or want to leave or move about at inconvenient times. What's the process there exactly I wonder?
Actually, all good points. BUT! After dropping a substantial number of credits to do / experience this "Cruise" the passengers / guests will follow the script / schedule / program because it is just 2 days. I see more of a conflict between LARPER's wanting to do their own thing and conflicting with the set program. Of course, there will be the inevitable Karen or two. If ever there was a set up for guests to feel entitled this is it.

UNCgolf

In this scenario, I don't know why the mom and daughter wouldn't just stay at a separate hotel for those two nights so they could do whatever they wanted.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom