News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

TikibirdLand

Wait, I thought the hotel guests were getting exclusive access to the land at a time when it is closed off from the rest of the parks. Is this not the case? Lol if so.
I don't think we know for sure yet. But, think about it: you'd have to send them first thing in the morning or late in the evening. It may be dark when they go. I think my internal clock would be all messed up stepping outside in either case. You'd be changing my sleep pattern.

Fido Chuckwagon

I don't think we know for sure yet. But, think about it: you'd have to send them first thing in the morning or late in the evening. It may be dark when they go. I think my internal clock would be all messed up stepping outside in either case. You'd be changing my sleep pattern.
I assumed they’d just close of Star Wars land 2 hours earlier then normal park close or something. That’s crazy that part of this $6,000 experience is just sending them into hollywood studios.

SourcererMark79

In the Parks
No
I remember in 2017 walking into the valley of Mo'ara for the first time, the seemingly endless queue to FoP, the pre-ride videos, and then, uh..flying. Amazing. No expectations. That long walk past Nomad Lounge into a new land and seeing floating islands was surreal. The Cast Members were ACE, the backstory and theming was logical, and at least in the beginning, it truly did feel like it was an isolated place you could get lost in with the theming. Obviously I knew I was in DAK but it felt real because everything from the very start introduced it to me as ACE.

@TP2000 is right for pointing out this new experience would be so much more mysterious and genuine if all we ever saw or read or watched a video on was from Chandrila Star Lines.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Wait, I thought the hotel guests were getting exclusive access to the land at a time when it is closed off from the rest of the parks. Is this not the case? Lol if so. What the heck are people paying $6,000 for?
Disney never said that. It was speculation.

It is definite that the excursion to Batuu will take place during park hours. Almost certain that starcruiser guests will get to use the Lightning Lane.

shambolicdefending

My first thought when I saw the promos is that they just did a pretty decent job building a Star Trek experience.

I can't put my finger on it, exactly, but something about the design, lighting, mood, etc. doesn't jive with Star Wars. It just doesn't feel right.

I'll wait until we have live reviews from real customers to fully solidify my thoughts. But everything I've seen so far leads me to believe it's dramatically overpriced for the value it offers.

Jrb1979

My first thought when I saw the promos is that they just did a pretty decent job building a Star Trek experience.

I can't put my finger on it, exactly, but something about the design, lighting, mood, etc. doesn't jive with Star Wars. It just doesn't feel right.

I'll wait until we have live reviews from real customers to fully solidify my thoughts. But everything I've seen so far leads me to believe it's dramatically overpriced for the value it offers.
Speaking of Star Trek. The way it looks the Star Trek experience in Vegas was much better. IMO Disney should have taken some ideas from that.

Incomudro

If the world came to an apocalyptic end and I was one of its only survivors I would live inside Spaceship Earth
I could certainly live in the Treehouse.
And where is that Nautilus walk through? France? Tokyo Sea?
I could spend a couple of days in those rooms.
Matter of fact, if Disney created a Nautilus cruise? Something like the Halcyon, but it's the Nautilus?
I'd be so in.

GimpYancIent

Disney never said that. It was speculation.

It is definite that the excursion to Batuu will take place during park hours. Almost certain that starcruiser guests will get to use the Lightning Lane.
Yep! The projected day two itinerary that is advertised morning.

"BREAKFAST
7:00 AM to 8:00 AM

TRANSPORT SHUTTLE TO BATUU
8:15 AM to 8:25 AM
STAR WARS: RISE OF THE RESISTANCE
8:45 AM to 9:30 AM
STORY MOMENT
For example, you might:
  • Broker a deal for a heist?
  • Arrange to steal a ship from the First Order?
9:30 AM to 9:50 AM
MILLENNIUM FALCON: SMUGGLERS RUN
10:00 AM to 10:30 AM
LUNCH AT DOCKING BAY 7 FOOD AND CARGO
11:15 AM to 11:45 AM

TRANSPORT SHUTTLE TO STARCRUISER
12:40 PM to 12:50 PM"

or guests can sneak over to Toy Story Land.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I expect the "cruise" defenders to come on here and remind us that real cruises never guarantee off-shore activities.
Pre-butting an insanely dumb position doesn't make it correct. Of course cruises can't guarantee specific excursions due to things like storms or countries refusing entrance due to covid, which is happening right now.

Imagine getting on a 7 day cruise and then finding out your ship isn't allowed at any of the planned ports? It's happened.

Just like buying tickets to a park and half their rides are closed due to thunder storms, let alone the one ride you were looking forward to isn't working.

Read the fine print and deal with the real world. No company will guarantee a specific ride will be working. They *may * offer some compensation tho.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
You know what I find beyond stupid?

That they would even show all the pre-opening PR as the work of mere humans building a theme hotel in Florida.

The pre-opening PR should have only been in the context of the world they are creating. The PR should have been from the cruise line company itself, not an annoying child actor from an ABC sitcom. That Ann Morrow lady from Glendale should have been unseen and unheard in the PR videos. Only hire actors to be Halcyon cruise directors and passenger service managers to show off the ship and its amenities to potential passengers.

They've not only broken the fourth wall, they bulldozed it down and now want to overshare with us how clever and smart they are for building this fake Star Wars cruise ship hotel in a Florida swamp. Then they show us humans in Covid masks touring the incompleted and oddly generic looking ship. About as "magical" as a popped balloon in a puddle.

2021-wdw-disneys-contemporary-resort-destination-d23-josh-damaro-star-wars-galactic-starcruiser-lightsabler-training9.png

That was a huge mistake, if you ask me. They should have gone the Star Tours circa 1987 route, and pretended the entire thing was real and only communicate to us via employees of Chandrila Star Lines and the fictional world they created. That's worth a few grand per night if you commit 100% to the exotic world you created.

Of course, Star Tours in 1987 didn't have to pull back the curtain via D23 Expo exhibits and YouTube videos, but they still could have handled it the same way.

Pretend the Galactic Starcruiser is real and Chandrila Star Lines is its only spokesman. And for God's sake, leave the perky Imagineers and B List sitcom stars and Cool Dad Executives in skinny jeans and Covid masks out of it entirely.
Here's the real problem:

MurphyJoe

I expect the "cruise" defenders to come on here and remind us that real cruises never guarantee off-shore activities.

Yeah, but from what I'm hearing the majority of cruises who are having to skip ports or cancel pre-paid shore excursions offer some level of refund to the passengers. Can't imagine Disney dishing out refunds if Rise is down during a "cruise".

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom