News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
There are two such problems
I can't imagine as to which problem(s) you are referring. There are many. Soon to be more if they continue pushing the IP. I'd much prefer they fix the land and it's weaker attraction before investing in expansion. I also think making Starcruiser the solution to GE's lackluster entertainment offerings is a massive cop out. We were sold a bill of goods. SWGE was whittled down to it's base attraction and not much else. Luckilly though, and if you have several thousand$ to spare you can make up for their shortcomings.

Last edited:

SWGalaxys_Edge

I find Smuggler’s Run a fun attraction… and I’ve mostly been an Engineer, if that says anything. The rest of the time I’ve been a Gunner, never a Pilot.

It’s not ROTR but to think no one finds it enjoyable is a pretty big assumption.

56396042_10216948543119263_5165797311405621248_n.jpg

mergatroid

I know what's not boring: have guests fight each other with light sabers, like a real fighting tournament where people can get hurt (not seriously) and somebody can emerge a winner. That would actually be interesting to watch or participate. Or have a swing station where a person can swing across a big chasm like Luke and Leia. Or a sliding tube that's similar to the one Luke fell through. Or detention cell 2187 where you can rescue a family member from and you all fall into a garbage room that proceeds to get narrower. Other less adventurous guests can watch you on a TV screen. How fun is that?
Non lethal burns acceptable for that real light saber feel?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I can't imagine as to which problem(s) you are referring. There are many. Soon to be more if they continue pushing the IP. I'd much prefer they fix the land and it's weaker attraction before investing in expansion. I also think making Starcruiser the solution to GE's lackluster entertainment offerings is a massive cop out. We were sold a bill of goods. SWGE was whittled down to it's base attraction and not much else. Luckilly though, and if you have several thousand$ to spare you can make up for their shortcomings.
Two problems of that type…There are others 😉

RoadiJeff

I find Smuggler’s Run a fun attraction… and I’ve mostly been an Engineer, if that says anything. The rest of the time I’ve been a Gunner, never a Pilot.

It’s not ROTR but to think no one finds it enjoyable is a pretty big assumption.
When I did a solo trip to WDW during September last year and Disney was doing the full social distancing thing I got the whole ship to myself. They asked me which of the 6 positions I wanted. I'd heard about the right side pilot being the one who gets to pull the handle and jump to warp speed so that's what I chose. Ahh, what fun.

And I did snag two containers of coaxium. They told me afterwards that was pretty good for a crew of one. :)

bubbles1812

When I did a solo trip to WDW during September last year and Disney was doing the full social distancing thing I got the whole ship to myself. They asked me which of the 6 positions I wanted. I'd heard about the right side pilot being the one who gets to pull the handle and jump to warp speed so that's what I chose. Ahh, what fun.

And I did snag two containers of coaxium. They told me afterwards that was pretty good for a crew of one. :)
I do feel quite proud when the “team” snags two containers of coaxium. 😊 Last week I took out 13 tie fighters and of course some large rocks on one run, was laughing the whole time. My mama had a blast too… literally ;)

Your solo trip sounds fun! It’s not my favorite ride ever but I still have fun on it. Glad to know others enjoy it too.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
If the experience sucks, the business model is in trouble.

You got that right.
Nobody told Iger to completely alter the business model 2007…but he did.

the problem is Disney customers “live in the moment” far too much to protect it against itself.

“sure…why not?” Is what people do to justify paying for overcharges…because it’s only for a week, right?

that rather dominant mentality stacks.
Problem is the CEOs decided that Disney was a stock growth company based on that.

it is not…it never was. It’s a stock darling because of its consistently/stability. It has shown resiliency to rebound stronger than just about anyone in tumultuous times. That’s it’s strength.

you have moron trying to run it like GameStop now…as we watch and nod.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom