News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

TikibirdLand

Imagine a two night stay in Cloud City hosted by Lando, instead of a two night stay on a generic Star Cruiser?

Cloud City could have a pool/spa, fitness center, and other real amenities for the price tag.
Not sure about that. I like the concept being presented. Not sure how well it will be pulled off. Good news, we'll all see it when the vloggers descend upon it, shooting from all angles. But, I imagine that the real reviews will come in a bit later once the special concessions provided to the influencers are exhausted...

danlb_2000

Premium Member
For some, as long as a Star Wars flick has lightsabers and cool spaceships and someone babbling about the Force (whatever the heck that even means anymore), that's good enough. Screw good characters and storylines! Gimme that FZZZZ and PEW PEW PEW! :p

I have been a massive Star Wars fan since I first saw it in 1977 and I totally agree with this. They did create an really immersive environment, it's just not one I really want to be immersed in. I like the humor that is in Smugglers Run, the rest of the land needed more of that.

SJN1279

And what would one be doing in a Cloud City for two days?
The same exact stuff. Eating, excursion to Batuu, light saber training, invasion from the bad guys.

Just with a pool, spa, kids club, and other cruise level amenities.

I would also include an X wing simulator ride/attraction, and maybe some extra Jedi training.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The same exact stuff. Eating, excursion to Batuu, light saber training, invasion from the bad guys.

I would also include an X wing simulator ride/attraction, and maybe some extra Jedi training.
That could've been a thing.

But, the idea here is for a two day LARP, and not a stay at a luxury hotel. If you're not there for the LARPing, you'll be spending a lot of money for not much.

Maybe if this works out, they can build a full deluxe SW resort without the LARP.

GimpYancIent

Sure, but can guests go to their earthly ground transportation when ever they want?

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Not sure about that. I like the concept being presented. Not sure how well it will be pulled off. Good news, we'll all see it when the vloggers descend upon it, shooting from all angles. But, I imagine that the real reviews will come in a bit later once the special concessions provided to the influencers are exhausted...
I want to see the vloggers melt down when they read the fine print that says participants can't take video of the proceedings due to "actor copyright provisions," "Cast Member privacy" and other made-up reasons for not allowing video.

Kamikaze

I want to see the vloggers melt down when they read the fine print that says participants can't take video of the proceedings due to "actor copyright provisions," "Cast Member privacy" and other made-up reasons for not allowing video.
There is literally ZERO chance of that happening. Disney wants the video out there to convince others to go.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
There is literally ZERO chance of that happening. Disney wants the video out there to convince others to go.
I could see a media walkthrough allowing some snippets to be recorded for the vloggers, but then banning video during the event.

While people can certainly talk about the LARP and spoil the plot points, I would think Disney would not want that recorded and put out on social media.

Also, the guests involved in the LARP would not want their... um... non-professional attempts... at role-playing to become viral on the internet.

mightynine

I imagine there will be vlogs, but they'll only be able to show certain things.

Am I the only one who's wondering if there's a lightweight summer version of these starship suits you'll be wearing? Do you keep them on during your visit to Batuu? Or will guests get their own private "areas" of Batuu to keep the immersion going, i.e. away from tourists?

Not knocking, I'm honestly curious. I don't understand why anyone would pay for this, but the logistics are interesting to me.

nickys

Premium Member
I imagine there will be vlogs, but they'll only be able to show certain things.

Am I the only one who's wondering if there's a lightweight summer version of these starship suits you'll be wearing? Do you keep them on during your visit to Batuu? Or will guests get their own private "areas" of Batuu to keep the immersion going, i.e. away from tourists?

Not knocking, I'm honestly curious. I don't understand why anyone would pay for this, but the logistics are interesting to me.
Guests will definitely be visible in Batuu, whether wearing costumes or not. In fact even just walking out of the shuttle transport is right into the full glare of public view, the doors in the rock face open.

I also think the costumes will be more like tunics , not jumpsuits.

EeyoreFan#24

It's not without precedent -- Disney wouldn't allow video of the ride portion of Smuggler's Run when it was first previewed to the vloggers.

What more hype then vloggers that can’t vlog. Another round of over enthusiastic talking heads and built up excitement, before letting people judge for themselves.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom