News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

Bairstow

That's Tron not Star Wars. ;)
There.

lebowski-star-wars-mashup.jpg

Kamikaze

Not sure what you are trying to say. They didn't talk pricing at all... and the details shared were minor compared to the information I have.

He specifically mentioned the survey we might have seen. Meaning that the information is said survey is what he knows is out there, including pricing. Obviously they didn't talk about pricing, but since he talked about that survey, you can infer the pricing is at least somewhat accurate.

flynnibus

Premium Member
He specifically mentioned the survey we might have seen. Meaning that the information is said survey is what he knows is out there, including pricing. Obviously they didn't talk about pricing, but since he talked about that survey, you can infer the pricing is at least somewhat accurate.

You're taking huge leaps. They survey was not setup to say 'are you ok with this price'.. The survey was setup to ask people what they were willing to pay given all these factors, and proposed some points and then asked for responses to that.

The prime purpose of the survey was to measure price tolerances and expectations.

If I put out a survey that says 'would you pay $100' and everyone responds 10/10... I'm going to charge MORE, not $100.

I'm talking from direct experience here...

21stamps

Neither. I'm saying the hardcore fan base is, on average, older than @21stamps would believe based on her experience with her son.

Hear me out.. this is why I think Disney was so brilliant with coming out with the movies when they did..

My general age group, those who loved the first 3 films.. who had the toys as children.. now we all have school aged children.

Those school age children have become huge fans in their own right.

But most importantly- it is a shared fandom between the Parent and the Child. Gen X and Gen Z (or whatever they are now). That's what makes it so powerful, and such a goldmine for Disney.

I don't go to Star Wars conventions or fan websites, but I know parents of school aged children.. I know that this resort has had all of us pumped and talking about it.. from the Die Hard Fan Dads.. to the more Casual Fan Moms. (Just using examples, not being sexist).

Our kids all have rooms decked in SW. Their birthday parties are SW themed. They stay up too late to see the movie on opening night with their parents. They own all of the toys and Legos.. and they constantly play SW with their friends on recess and play dates. These are the kids who don't complain about waiting an hour for JTA sign ups.. who's favorite Disney character is a SW character.

Those kids, and those parents, will be at that resort. In droves.

Kamikaze

You're taking huge leaps. They survey was not setup to say 'are you ok with this price'.. The survey was setup to ask people what they were willing to pay given all these factors, and proposed some points and then asked for responses to that.

The prime purpose of the survey was to measure price tolerances and expectations.

If I put out a survey that says 'would you pay $100' and everyone responds 10/10... I'm going to charge MORE, not $100.

I'm talking from direct experience here...

But did you do a survey or questions on the higher pricing?

I understand the pricing is higher than the survey - I said that on the previous page. But by him specifically calling out the survey, it lends credence to the information within. If he didn't want to call attention to it, he never would have mentioned it.

flynnibus

Premium Member
But did you do a survey or questions on the higher pricing?

I understand the pricing is higher than the survey - I said that on the previous page. But by him specifically calling out the survey, it lends credence to the information within. If he didn't want to call attention to it, he never would have mentioned it.

He mentioned the idea that the concept had been shared..acknowledging the concept was already KNOWN - not validating all the potentials included in the survey. You're reading way too much into that.

You don't survey to get a price from the customer.. you survey to measure tolerance and enthusiasm for something.

Did you know the survey also was VARIABLE on many concepts? Like if stays would be for the duration or not? Or what elements would be included or not? Were all these things validated by Bob too? You're barking up the wrong tree with that line of thinking..

21stamps

In raw numbers, no. But in terms of willingness to shell out this kind of money on this kind of experience, I think so.

And you don't think a good percentage of that fan base has children? I would think that they do. Especially from what I know of my own friends and family. I was born in the late 70s, my brother in 1980.. there are A LOT of huge Star Wars Fans who are in that age range.. with elementary school age children.

Last edited:

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Controversial take here....

How can this be sustainable? Truely, how many wealthy nerds( I say this lovingly, as an adult male with 12,000 posts on a WDW forum) are out there willing to ante up this type of dough for this type of experience?

It seems there is a finite number of those types of folks. I can see this being HUGELY successful for the first couple years. Tapering off to mildly successful and falling down to not successful at all eventually.

Is there a plan in place to convert to a standard star wars themed hotel eventually? If there isn't, I posit there will be within 7 years.

PizzaPlanet

So will this be the first Disney resort ever to have an indoor pool? I guess it would have to be in order to keep the illusion of this being a ship.

Maeryk

How can this be sustainable? Truely, how many wealthy nerds( I say this lovingly, as an adult male with 12,000 posts on a WDW forum) are out there willing to ante up this type of dough for this type of experience?

It seems there is a finite number of those types of folks. I can see this being HUGELY successful for the first couple years. Tapering off to mildly successful and falling down to not successful at all eventually.

Is there a plan in place to convert to a standard star wars themed hotel eventually? If there isn't, I posit there will be within 7 years.

First of all, it's small. 200 rooms. That's tiny by a Disney resort scale. Secondly, you are only thinking stateside. Star wars is a massive franchise world over.

Third.. it's apparently a test bed. If this concept works, expect to see "Vacation 360" or whatever it's called popping up all over the place.. not necessarily just at the parks. I often wonder if the Marvel hotel in NY is a feeler for it.

Maeryk

So will this be the first Disney resort ever to have an indoor pool? I guess it would have to be in order to keep the illusion of this being a ship.

It's possible it won't even have a pool. Who knows. If it's a three day 2 night stay.. they may figure people won't have/want the leisure time to swim. The art certainly does not indicate a pool anywhere.

Kamikaze

Literally millions. You don't have to be 'wealthy' for a $2000-$3000 vacation. You have 40 years worth of fans who want to experience this. And their kids. And in some cases, their kids as well. This will be booked as far out as it can be booked as soon as it becomes available.

Kamikaze

Third.. it's apparently a test bed. If this concept works, expect to see "Vacation 360" or whatever it's called popping up all over the place.. not necessarily just at the parks. I often wonder if the Marvel hotel in NY is a feeler for it.

Its not a Marvel Hotel in NY. The Hotel New York at Disneyland Paris is being rethemed to Marvel. Not an interactive experience. Think more along the lines of a value resort at WDW style.

Maeryk

Its not a Marvel Hotel in NY. The Hotel New York at Disneyland Paris is being rethemed to Marvel. Not an interactive experience. Think more along the lines of a value resort at WDW style.

Ahh. I misheard the periscope I was watching. LOL.

But it's clear they have plans to expand this concept if it's successful.

And Disney at one point had plans to build parks all over the country.. so maybe they are still keeping that on the back burner.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Literally millions. You don't have to be 'wealthy' for a $2000-$3000 vacation. You have 40 years worth of fans who want to experience this. And their kids. And in some cases, their kids as well. This will be booked as far out as it can be booked as soon as it becomes available.
I don't see it that way. I don't know a single person, aside from people posting here, who thinks this is a good idea. Normal Star Wars fans, like myself, have no desire to play dress up for 2/3/4 days. It sounds torturous.

No clue where you are getting that comically low 2-3k number from either.

Look, maybe I'm wrong. Disney obviously thinks they have a winning idea here. In the short term, they probably do. Medium to long term, I just don't see it.

Notes from Neverland

I'm seeing some people quote specific details, such as number of rooms and the overall plans. Were those released and I missed it? Did an insider (let's be honest, Martin) say something? I'm wondering how anyone has anything to go off of when the announcement was almost completely lacking of any real information.

The_Jobu

I don't see it that way. I don't know a single person, aside from people posting here, who thinks this is a good idea. Normal Star Wars fans, like myself, have no desire to play dress up for 2/3/4 days. It sounds torturous.

No clue where you are getting that comically low 2-3k number from either.

Look, maybe I'm wrong. Disney obviously thinks they have a winning idea here. In the short term, they probably do. Medium to long term, I just don't see it.

They could be able to easily accommodate the less intense fandom and not remove from the experience for those who wish.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom