News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

montyz81

Except that (in canon) giant ships don't land. You take a shuttle from a spaceport up to them, which is exactly what this is themed to.
So, part of the advertised stay includes time in Galaxy Edge, No? Does that mean there will be some type of transport or shuttle to the land a la Hogwarts Express?

Phroobar

Except that (in canon) giant ships don't land. You take a shuttle from a spaceport up to them, which is exactly what this is themed to.
Except the old Republic Star Destroyers do land.

13094159595_7dbfda21ca_b.jpg

Incomudro

Berms and landscaping will hide the hotel as you approach with the exception of the porte-cochere, which will look like the front of a planet-bound space port. You go in, and there will be a simulated flight up to the space-cruiser. When you go to Batuu, there will be a covered bus bay which will be themed to simulate taking a shuttle down to the planet.

So, there's no need for the body of the resort to look like anything but a big box.

Still wondering how convincing a job imaginearing will be able to pull off on that bus shuttle.
Of all modes of transport I can think of, masking the bones of a bus strikes me as the most difficult.

rsm

Still wondering how convincing a job imaginearing will be able to pull off on that bus shuttle.
Of all modes of transport I can think of, masking the bones of a bus strikes me as the most difficult.

It only has to look convincing from the inside - you never see it on the outside. But agreed, a bus is going to "feel" like a bus and sound like a bus, no matter how many sound effects you play inside.

Incomudro

It only has to look convincing from the inside - you never see it on the outside. But agreed, a bus is going to "feel" like a bus and sound like a bus, no matter how many sound effects you play inside.

Yeah, I just find the bus part so hard to mask.
I don't know how they are going to do it.

Walt d

It's obviously really premature, but it wouldn't surprise me if it ended up getting axed or seriously cut down further down the line. It seemed like they released the Blue Sky concept, which I'm sure would make buckets of money, but would be the kind of commitment that the makes The Mouse uneasy as of late.
There will be no new star wars films so why waste money on a themed hotel with no movies..

raymusiccity

I think it would have a different place for the reservation and not mixed with the other hoteles. And it would not be name "Star wars hotel" but instead something like "Star-Wars Cruise Experience".
Btw It is known if it going to include a ticket to DHS?
If it's a 2 day experience, you'll only be visiting Batuu. Your crew members will say 'what in the heck is DHS' ! :rolleyes:

Incomudro

An electric vehicle would help with the engine noise issue. Still doesn't solve the movement issue.

Yeah, I don't see how the movement of a bus won't feel like a bus.
It would have made more sense to me for WDW to have run some electric vehicle on a track or rail from the hotel to GE.
Buses have a bit of a lurch when they start, and stop and other aspects of being a terrestrial vehicle.
We'll see.
I'm really curious to find out how they pull this off.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom