Star Wars fireworks

Giants14

I seen both the movie magic and Star Wars firework show last week - all great and very well done however regarding the fireworks - the area isn't nearly big enough to get the full effect of the pyro's.

Do they plan to relocate this show to Galaxy's Edge once it opens? - its a shame that due to the buildings and tree lines a lot of the fireworks are missed.

The movie magic show is brilliantly done and was fortunate to get close enough to get the front effect however the same problem occurs when you are further back down the main street/entrance

EvilChameleon

Personally, if World Drive is not the biggest issue, I would move the launching pad further South, somewhere in this section...

a58fdbd09185bab7d60d307d37ed1030.jpg

Which, sure, is about 500 more feet then this...

0acf880dd0cae927e6b31744a70c6881.png

But it would still work just fine.

cjkeating

Personally, if World Drive is not the biggest issue, I would move the launching pad further South, somewhere in this section...

a58fdbd09185bab7d60d307d37ed1030.jpg

Which, sure, is about 500 more feet then this...

0acf880dd0cae927e6b31744a70c6881.png

But it would still work just fine.

Isn't that where the new retention pond was created?

daisymac

So, is it still worth seeing? My 14 yr old son and I loved the Star Wars fireworks last year. We are headed back at the end of the month. Have they taken away enough to really notice?

ToTBellHop

So, is it still worth seeing? My 14 yr old son and I loved the Star Wars fireworks last year. We are headed back at the end of the month. Have they taken away enough to really notice?
I don't think it's worth it and it's absolutely noticeable. It's a shell of a show. Commonly heard afterwards: "That's it?"

allgiggles

I'm probably going to be the odd one out here, but I didn't think it was a big deal that they were missing this year. In fact, I barely noticed. I always focused on the projection show and the "local" pyro. The actual fireworks always felt like just an off-to-the-side "enhancement" to the show to me -- not the focus of the show. As a PP mentioned, the area isn't really big enough to enjoy all aspects of the show without something being obstructed. It was difficult to have the "perfect" spot to be able to fully see both the projections and the fireworks. We always opted for a good view of the projections with an obstructed view of the fireworks...we could see unobstructed fireworks much easier at MK or EP -- no need to see them for this show since they were never the focus of the show. My husband and I still enjoyed the show even without the fireworks when we saw it in late June.

And we had no trouble getting a great spot to watch the show without having to stake out our spot for an hour like we have in the past. We got to the area about an hour before the show started but there was still so much wide-open space that we didn't feel the need to hang out there. We walked around a bit (we had just hopped over from Epcot) and grabbed some snacks. We sat at a table to eat while we waited for the show to start. We moved closer to the area when the Movie Magic show started. Two minutes before the Star Wars show started we easily walked to an area in the center of the courtyard for a perfect view of the show. Two nights later, our son and his wife were able to speed walk from Fantasmic and get a great spot in the courtyard area as well.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom