News Star Wars A Galaxy Far, Far Away show closing for several weeks

DisneyGigi

Wow, I hadn’t kept up with the other thread. Knew it was the slowest I had seen in years a couple weeks ago but this just shocked me for some reason. 😮

Disstevefan1

"alleged low attendance" is just an excuse for Disney to cut castmember hours..
Right now, Tuesday 10:23 AM:
Flight of passage, standby 135 minutes
Mine train, standby time 75 minutes
Test track, standby time 65 minutes.
Sorin, standby time 60 minutes
RNR, standby time 60 minutes
Navi River journey, standby time 60 minutes

And so on....

spectromagic04

"alleged low attendance" is just an excuse for Disney to cut castmember hours..
Right now, Tuesday 10:23 AM:
Flight of passage, standby 135 minutes
Mine train, standby time 75 minutes
Test track, standby time 65 minutes.
Sorin, standby time 60 minutes
RNR, standby time 60 minutes
Navi River journey, standby time 60 minutes

And so on....
The parks have been dead Flight of Passage has been max 80 minutes and Space 35 minutes the past couple weeks. Most of the wait times are being inflated to make it seem somewhat busy.

francism

Crowds have been low the beginning of this month, there's no question about it. But they're taking a few slow weeks to justify cutting shows, performance acts, and overall CM hours for October based on that? I have a hard time believing that autumn is going to be a slow time for the parks.

AshaNeOmah

It's hard to call "A Galaxy Far, Far Away" entertainment. A character showcase was a terrible idea and this show took it to all new lows. With the rooftops and other areas available to the DHS Courtyard, a really cool 20 minute show using the same characters could have been produced. Instead we got the biggest waste of time in the entire resort.

Shut it down for good.

ToTBellHop

Crowds have been low the beginning of this month, there's no question about it. But they're taking a few slow weeks to justify cutting shows, performance acts, and overall CM hours for October based on that? I have a hard time believing that autumn is going to be a slow time for the parks.
It's been more than a "few slow weeks."

It's been slow for months. And is projected to stay slow for months.

Kman101

It's hard to call "A Galaxy Far, Far Away" entertainment. A character showcase was a terrible idea and this show took it to all new lows. With the rooftops and other areas available to the DHS Courtyard, a really cool 20 minute show using the same characters could have been produced. Instead we got the biggest waste of time in the entire resort.

Shut it down for good.

They could have done a better job parading the characters, because that's all it is. If anything got cut it should have been this. (I know some find it flippant towards castmembers but it's entertainment, a gig isn't a guarantee, they come and go; I don't want anyone to lose a job but they know what they sign up for, or at least they should)

Indy_UK

I'm reading elsewhere that it's gone seasonal. I'd axe th show entirely if I could but I think this is part of the entertainment cut backs. Phasma parade will probably go soon too

Disstevefan1

The parks have been dead Flight of Passage has been max 80 minutes and Space 35 minutes the past couple weeks. Most of the wait times are being inflated to make it seem somewhat busy.

Oh, so the app purposely inflate the wait times!!! This is good to know!!! Disney is using technology to deceive their customers.. That is not good. I'de rather hear the app is junk and shows bad data. Maybe they should go with that excuse..

Also, this is just my opinion, "parks have been dead" and to prove that its said FOP has 80 minutes, to me, 80 minute wait times does not indicate "parks have been dead". What is going on here?????!!!! We accept "parks have been dead" when we only wait 80 minutes for an attraction!!!!! ??????? !!!!!

If the parks are "dead" (as in, there is not many people in the parks) and we have 80 minute waits, THE SYSTEM IS BROKEN!!

Last edited:

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I'm reading elsewhere that it's gone seasonal. I'd axe th show entirely if I could but I think this is part of the entertainment cut backs. Phasma parade will probably go soon too

The article here originally said it was going to seasonal operation, but it looks like it was changed to say a temporary closure for the concrete work. The URL for the article still says seasonal operation.

FullSailDan

Oh, so the app purposely inflate the wait times!!! This is good to know!!! Disney is using technology to deceive their customers.. That is not good. I'de rather hear the app is junk and shows bad data. Maybe they should go with that excuse..

Also, this is just my opinion, "parks have been dead" and to prove that its said FOP has 80 minutes, to me, 80 minute wait times does not indicate "parks have been dead". What is going on here?????!!!! We accept "parks have been dead" when we only wait 80 minutes for an attraction!!!!! ??????? !!!!!

If the parks are "dead" (as in, there is not many people in the parks) and we have 80 minute waits, THE SYSTEM IS BROKEN!!

The wait times published are definitely inflated for many attractions. It's some complicated psychology to encourage people to visit attractions that are lower. Spreading of crowds is ideal, as there is a cascading effect on utilization of tertiary services and attractions, the ability to maximize revenue, and to some extent guest satisfaction. Also, if large attractions maintain a low wait time, people tend to flood them, and then wait times become unreliable.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom