Star Trek land at Universal?

celluloid

Monsters was not in flux. It was one of the first to be permitted. All of the lands have sizable expansion pads.

Interesting. You know more than I do then. The Monsters and Nintendo plans I have seen have the area marked Expansion pad are one in the same. There were definitely things in flux though. Also publicly speaking this was announced by Tom Williams to not go by the concept art due to that reason. A transparent thing that should probably be done more often.

The Grand Inquisitor

Original Poster
Interesting. You know more than I do then. The Monsters and Nintendo plans I have seen have the area marked Expansion pad are one in the same. There were definitely things in flux though. Also publicly speaking this was announced by Tom Williams to not go by the concept art due to that reason. A transparent thing that should probably be done more often.
So what kind of star trek ride was in the works? Is it still in the works?

celluloid

What the ride entails exactly I could not say for sure. It was fairly unique in experience I believe though as it was multi part. Not sure if they were wanting to wow people like current trends or something like Vegas used to have with the Star Trek Experience, but that is naturally where my mind goes. Ha.

some other guy

I disagree I loved the JJ Trek movies and the first 2 did really well. Heck another movie is coming out in 2023 and there are new 3 shows for Star Trek on Paramount Plus not including Star Trek Prodigy which will be a big hit with kids. Star Trek as a property and a brand is still very successful.
there's certainly a lot being _made_, but it doesn't seem to have the push in the mainstream that even FlareTrek, much less the TNG/DS9/VOY era
like, I know toy shelves aren't the alpha and omega of popularity, but I recall a lot more Star Trek junk to buy at Target in the 90s than I do today
same for randos wearing trek shirts
and tbf it's not like "fake it `till you make it" is new for Trek, like when Gene Rod had his flunky who normally ran his shady merch company that sold studio property spearhead the "fan" campaign to keep TOS going, so I'm not exactly throwing shade

lazyboy97o

There's an expansion pad between Nintendo and Monsters but it would likely be a new land. If you look at the site plan it is separated from the two by fire access roads.

Things are always in flux to a degree but the attraction roster was set as was most of the rest of the programming. The parks always say don't take art as gospel because it can be behind development, things can get cut, there are embellishments and sometimes people think they see things that are not there. There were people insisting the concept art for the new Spider-Man rides at Disney's California Adventure and Walt Disney Studios Park showed a suspended dark ride even though section drawings had already been published.

There was no Star Trek ride in the works for Epic Universe. As of now IP gets a dedicated land.

Disneyfanman

Star Trek has been expanding rapidly again. New shows, including a popular animated one. I am just not sure about the "timeless" quality of the thing though. Except for the OS, the characters seem to fade from memory quickly. And I am saying that as a huge Star Trek fan. I don't think it fits at Universal.

The Grand Inquisitor

Original Poster
There's an expansion pad between Nintendo and Monsters but it would likely be a new land. If you look at the site plan it is separated from the two by fire access roads.

Things are always in flux to a degree but the attraction roster was set as was most of the rest of the programming. The parks always say don't take art as gospel because it can be behind development, things can get cut, there are embellishments and sometimes people think they see things that are not there. There were people insisting the concept art for the new Spider-Man rides at Disney's California Adventure and Walt Disney Studios Park showed a suspended dark ride even though section drawings had already been published.

There was no Star Trek ride in the works for Epic Universe. As of now IP gets a dedicated land.
Oh ok. Thanks for the clarification

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
I agree! That would be awesome. Peronsally I want to see AT&T to put more effort into the Six Flags parks. Plus it would be great to have a Paramount Park in the US.

Paramount bought Great America in California, and I guess sold it to Cedar Fair in 2006. The only thing good to come out of that from my perspective as a kid was they added a nickelodeon slime zone that was really fun to play in. I guess the Drop Zone, too, before that kid died.

I haven't been there in years, obviously, lol

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
No Star Trek:

1619179006347.png

The Grand Inquisitor

Original Poster
Paramount bought Great America in California, and I guess sold it to Cedar Fair in 2006. The only thing good to come out of that from my perspective as a kid was they added a nickelodeon slime zone that was really fun to play in. I guess the Drop Zone, too, before that kid died.

I haven't been there in years, obviously, lol
Yeah it would be cool to see Paramount actually use their properties in a park. Plus don't do it cheaply like Six Flags 😂 A fully fledged Paramount park with Star Trek and Nickelodeon lands on the scale of Galaxy's Edge and Wizarding World would be awesome.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom