Star Tours Update

VinnieG

Well they already took down the Snowspeeder & Skiff Barge from Star Tours they are now sitting at the "prop junkyard" at the Backlot Tour.

Javier&Christie

It's kinda silly to even think or talk about Disney removing the Star Tours attraction alltogether.. especially with the recent remodel of the store area, and the current refurbishment of the outdoor que. :)

It ain't goin nowhere.. now as far as a new movie is concerned, I think we'll all have to sit back and wait for this one :)

RogueHabit

Originally posted by VinnieG
Well they already took down the Snowspeeder & Skiff Barge from Star Tours they are now sitting at the "prop junkyard" at the Backlot Tour.
They did? When was that. I haven't been since March 2001, but they were there then. :(

Have that put something else in that area, or is it just bushes now?

VinnieG

Must have been early this year or late last year I was there the last week of April of this year & they were in the Backlot prop junkyard. Right now there is nothing in place of it just some shrubs thats about it. It looks strange without the Snowspeeder & Skiff not there.

WDW Imagineer

Originally posted by NowInc
Not until Disney and Lucas clear up their "difference"..which wont happen until after EP III....so dont go holding your breath just yet ;)

Well we really dont know, mayby they already did and that is why this story is coming back to the surface again.

Originally posted by Ratcat
It's not just the ride though, it's that entire area. They would have to change everything.

Take down the AT-AT

Lose the Barge and Snow Speeder

Remove the Ework Village

Gut out the entire set and rebuild

Replace the shop, and redo the outside (which is only 2 1/2 years old anyway)

Then they have to replace all of that with something new.

I don't see that they would want to undertake such a massive upheaval at the moment
Not nessasarly, being that they keep the overall theme of Star "TOURS" they could simply keep the outside and just add a few extra props from the other movies and your done, same goes for the movie sequence you could easly jump from scene to scene from the movies (although the time sequence wouldn't make sense, but anyway)from the Death Star to the Pod Racers and so on.

TURKEY

Originally posted by WDW Imagineer

Not nessasarly, being that they keep the overall theme of Star "TOURS" they could simply keep the outside and just add a few extra props from the other movies and your done, same goes for the movie sequence you could easly jump from scene to scene from the movies (although the time sequence wouldn't make sense, but anyway)from the Death Star to the Pod Racers and so on.

No you couldn't I don't think. All Star Wars material be it the Death Star or Pod Racers or R2D2 are property of George Lucas I believe. Without his permission, Disney wouldn't be able to use anything from Star Wars.

Mr Disney

In the Parks
Yes
Originally posted by VinnieG

Could you pls give us a picture?:confused: I love pictures!:lol:

WDW Imagineer

Originally posted by turkey leg boy

No you couldn't I don't think. All Star Wars material be it the Death Star or Pod Racers or R2D2 are property of George Lucas I believe. Without his permission, Disney wouldn't be able to use anything from Star Wars.

I understand that, but my comment went towards the theme of the ride and how it could be change rather easily, not the dispute between Lucas and Disney. :animwink:

WDWFREAK53

ok...how about this...REMOVE THE WHOLE FREAKIN' SIMULATOR ATTRACTION!!! I hate rides like that...THEY DON'T FOOL PEOPLE ANYMORE!!! Ok, I can name 3 attractions right off the bat that need to be updated...Hmmm...Body Wars, Star Tours, and BTTF (at USF)... 1 thing in common...ALL SIMULATORS! Put in a new ride with a new ride system...something that'll knock our socks off...George Lucas does NOT want something that every park has...heck...every mall has one now :) He is all about being new and innovative!!! I WANT TO HAVE A LIGHTSABRE BATTLE WITH DARTH MAUL or YODA or ANAKIN!!! SOMETHING ELSE!!! I want to ride a speeder bike or a pod racer!!! I want to USE THE FORCE!!!

Gimme something other than ANOTHER simulator.

Ok...sorry about the ranting :)

WDW Imagineer

I think that is the best way to deal with the problem. Just imagine the type of ride there would be if Lucas and Disney put their heads together.

But right now I would settle for just a little refresh like a new ride film.

MKingdom25

I think it would be cool to have Natalie Portman somehow in the update. Hey what I can I say, I think she's beautiful. TTFN! :king:

RogueHabit

Originally posted by WDW Imagineer

I understand that, but my comment went towards the theme of the ride and how it could be change rather easily, not the dispute between Lucas and Disney. :animwink:
Yes, but if you remove eberything Star Wasr from that area then you're not left with much more than a big stage with a queue area.

Practically everything in that build, and surrounding it is copyrighted and used under licence from LFL.

Mr Disney

In the Parks
Yes
Could someone PLEASE post a picture of the snowspeeder and what not from the backlot tour? That is... if you can :)

Chernabog

I like the idea someone said on one of these boards once. Why not make each shuttle a different location? The first could go to the moon of Endor, the second Tatooine, the third Coruscant, the fourth Naboo and so one. That way the rides can be updated with some of the new locations and characters and you don't have to worry about flying around the entire galaxy. Plus, I like the idea of chosing your own fate. There's my two cents on it.:D

RogueHabit

Originally posted by Mr Disney
Could someone PLEASE post a picture of the snowspeeder and what not from the backlot tour? That is... if you can :)
If anyone has one, I'd also be interested in seeing it and possibly including it in a story on my Star Wars website.

(Full links back the WDWMagic of course!)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom