Star Tours? Has it been ignored?

monorail256

Who wants to be in a dumb Pod Race? Keep it the way it is... because you know if they change it.. It will never be the same. With the technology these days it will all be done on computer and not have the old "origional" Lucas feel to it. Now if they could come up with a better concept besides the dumb Pod Race.. such as like Naboo Starfighters or something.. Im all for that. Im sorry.. but the Pod Race was dumb... and I am a Star Wars fan. I saw Episode II like 10 or more times in the theater... it was good :)

durhay

They should move from the "big moving room" to several moving cars. And allow the riders to select their ride: Tatooine, Asteroid Field, or Underwater on Naboo. Have the narrators from Horizons be your guide. Everybody's happy.

JLW11Hi

When they do come around to updating the ride, say after all the new Star Wars movies come out, I think it would be cool to update the cars by puting not only a big screen in front, but also a big screen on the top, and mabey some on the sides of the car. I think they did this with a Star Trek ride in Las Vegas, but I'm not sure. That would probably make movement seem more realistic and stuff. I doubt that they will ever take the ride out of the Studios, because it is a pretty classic movie. As for plot, I think that the one they have now is good, because while it is a classic movie, the newer ones with pod racing in them will probably not be as recognized in the future as the big Death Star thing will be.

Jeff D

Originally posted by JLW11Hi
When they do come around to updating the ride, say after all the new Star Wars movies come out, I think it would be cool to update the cars by puting not only a big screen in front, but also a big screen on the top, and mabey some on the sides of the car. I think they did this with a Star Trek ride in Las Vegas, but I'm not sure. That would probably make movement seem more realistic and stuff. I doubt that they will ever take the ride out of the Studios, because it is a pretty classic movie. As for plot, I think that the one they have now is good, because while it is a classic movie, the newer ones with pod racing in them will probably not be as recognized in the future as the big Death Star thing will be.

Yes, the Star Trek Experience at the Hilton in Las Vegas does have screens all around but there is more to it than that. The themeing on that ride is completely awsome. From teh beginning where you are supposed to be getting on the simulator and go through the process of being beamed up, to the acting and finally getting to walk across a shuttlebay hanger to get in what looks like a shuttlecraft but is actually the simulator. They knew exatly what they were doing on this ride. I agree with the fact that I think the simulator rides across the country, not just at disney, would do better to have some of the newer 3d advances and motion simulation updated to them. I think that disney should also look at the themeing on this ride and see how thet could make it even better. It's so good that you forget, or don't care about, that you are getting on another simulator. Themeing and actoing the parts out really do make the difference.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
In the end it all comes down to the folding stuff, and given the events of recent weeks dont expect major investments too soon.

Justin

Originally posted by monorail256
Who wants to be in a dumb Pod Race? Keep it the way it is... because you know if they change it.. It will never be the same. With the technology these days it will all be done on computer and not have the old "origional" Lucas feel to it. Now if they could come up with a better concept besides the dumb Pod Race.. such as like Naboo Starfighters or something.. Im all for that. Im sorry.. but the Pod Race was dumb... and I am a Star Wars fan. I saw Episode II like 10 or more times in the theater... it was good :)

I somewhat agree, But it does need something done to it, Even though the attraction is great, They tend to get old, and its time for updates.. I dont even know if that will be made asap. I m guessing if they were to do it, it would be around the time that BK is near constructed or MS is done. However in that matter it shouldn't be that big of a project. I heard that they were going to do this to the attraction about 1 or 2yrs ago.... So far..... ummm Nothings happened... :brick:

3DisneyCREW

Lucas wants it

Disney will wait until they have nothing new to offer (right now they are busy with the 100th Celebration), then they will change the STAR TOUR RIDE........Lucas wants it now...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom