Star Tours Giftshop still open???

Flip83

Original Poster
Does anyone know if the Star Tours Giftshop will still be open as the ride is under construction? I know there was other spots in HS that had Star Wars stuff, but the store clearly has much more to choose from. I am going in December, and we have 2 kids with us that we know will love seeing Star Wars gifts.

NYwdwfan

I was hoping to find out the same thing - my son is already annoyed that the ride is going to be closed (he's 4 and chickened out last year) so I was hoping to at least but him some cool stuff. Anyone hear anything?

Mukta

I think that since the Jedi training academy is continuing, hopefully there will be Star Wars merchandise available.

NYwdwfan

Are you sure about the Jedi Training Academy? I had assumed it would be closed. That would be AMAZING - my son would lose his mind. Does anyone know how the academy works? Can you sign up in advance? Is there a fee?

rct247

My guess is that Tatooine Traders will be closed during the construction, especially if there are exterior changes to the ride. There will probably be alternate merchandise locations available.

The reason I THINK it will be closed is because I've heard the building will be a hard hat area. There are break rooms under the attraction, and people have been asked to clear these spaces out because they will be closed when the attraction goes down.

Mukta

Are you sure about the Jedi Training Academy? I had assumed it would be closed. That would be AMAZING - my son would lose his mind. Does anyone know how the academy works? Can you sign up in advance? Is there a fee?

I am not sure if it will still run for sure. It is a stage show in DHS. There is no fee. Show up 15 or 20, minutes before a show to get picked.

Here is some info about it

http://allears.net/tp/mgm/jedi_mgm.htm

Use this link before your trip to see when the shows are scheduled.
http://pages.prodigy.net/stevesoares/st/st.htm

NYwdwfan

I am not sure if it will still run for sure. It is a stage show in DHS. There is no fee. Show up 15 or 20, minutes before a show to get picked.

Here is some info about it

http://allears.net/tp/mgm/jedi_mgm.htm

Use this link before your trip to see when the shows are scheduled.
http://pages.prodigy.net/stevesoares/st/st.htm

Thanks so much for the info - I will save that link and keep my fingers crossed. We're not going until December so it's a long time to hold my breath :(! Hopefully it won't be too crowded and he'll be wearing his "It's My Birthday" shirt and pin (he's turning 5 while we're there) so maybe we have a chance!! I wonder if jedi mind tricks work on jedi masters? *CONCENTRATE * - "This is the boy you are looking for". I'll keep practicing!!

MillerPoppins

Does anyone know if the Star Tours Giftshop will still be open as the ride is under construction? I know there was other spots in HS that had Star Wars stuff, but the store clearly has much more to choose from. I am going in December, and we have 2 kids with us that we know will love seeing Star Wars gifts.

Good question...I was wondering the same thing.

RAXIP

Thanks so much for the info - I will save that link and keep my fingers crossed. We're not going until December so it's a long time to hold my breath :(! Hopefully it won't be too crowded and he'll be wearing his "It's My Birthday" shirt and pin (he's turning 5 while we're there) so maybe we have a chance!! I wonder if jedi mind tricks work on jedi masters? *CONCENTRATE * - "This is the boy you are looking for". I'll keep practicing!!

There is no need for mind tricks. The Jedi Master no longer selects children from the crowd. Participation is on a first come, first-served basis. Sign-up is currently at the JTA stage next to Star Tours.

I know that JTA is not closing when Star Tours does. It may need to close at a later date, if work in done on the outside of the attraction, but nothing has been announced yet. As well, I don't think Tatooine Traders will be closing either, at least not right away.

NYwdwfan

There is no need for mind tricks. The Jedi Master no longer selects children from the crowd. Participation is on a first come, first-served basis. Sign-up is currently at the JTA stage next to Star Tours.

I know that JTA is not closing when Star Tours does. It may need to close at a later date, if work in done on the outside of the attraction, but nothing has been announced yet. As well, I don't think Tatooine Traders will be closing either, at least not right away.

Very cool - we'll definitely check the show times and be sure to get there early - I hope it's still running!! Thanks for the info!!

SMRT-1

it will be open through the holidays then close for a few months after. this was according to a CM in the gift shop when i was there last night. also, according to him there will be minimal work done to the gift shop.

btw, i was the final one through the entrance at closing! before the d23 event later that night.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom