Rumor Star Tours AND Buzz Lightyear on their way out?

mharrington

Original Poster
I'm not sure how valid it is, but according to FreshBaked, it seems that there is a new rumor of Star Tours and the Buzz Lightyear ride being removed from Tomorrowland as part of a new overhaul of the land, along with the Autopia becoming electric and the mysterious Avatar experience replacing the Innoventions building (which would mean the DVC lounge would have to be relocated), not to mention doing SOMETHING about the PeopleMover track.

Oh, but there would be no Tron coaster, as there is no space for it. Instead, according to FB, it would likely be featured in the mysterious DisneylandForward project being rumored.

And it is said that they would like to try and do it all by 2028. The stuff in Tomorrowland, I mean.

mharrington

Original Poster
Stopped reading here.

The rumor, at least as far as Star Tours is concerned, was also floated on MiceChat back in August 2020, in part due to the initial reopening restrictions brought on by the pandemic, but also due to technology that they no longer had access to, since there's a serious lack of replacement parts due to using 1980s flight simulator technology. Not to mention, Galaxy's Edge would make Star Tours redundant. Although, I thought they used that same "'80s" (note the quotations) technology for the Iron Man ride in Hong Kong.

TP2000

Stopped reading here.

Really? Cause I only stopped reading here...

and the mysterious Avatar experience replacing the Innoventions building (which would mean the DVC lounge would have to be relocated),

I mean, if you are so sacrilegious to think that a complimentary Coke machine for DVC members was on the table in a Tomorrowland remake, then there's just no reasoning with you. Some things are simply forever. The Castle. The Matterhorn. The DVC complimentary Coke Machine.

disneyland-tomorrowland-star-view-station-dvc-lounge-drinks.jpeg

mharrington

Original Poster
I mean, if you are so sacrilegious to think that a complimentary Coke machine for DVC members was on the table in a Tomorrowland remake, then there's just no reasoning with you. Some things are simply forever. The Castle. The Matterhorn. The DVC complimentary Coke Machine.

All joking aside, how viable/valid is the rumor about Star Tours and Buzz Lightyear being removed in a potential overhaul of Tomorrowland?

mharrington

Original Poster
As viable as all other New New New Tomorrowland rumors since the Rocket Rods went on "hiatus" for "enhancements" in the spring of 2001.

The fact is, though, I have heard rumors of removing Star Tours and Buzz Lightyear for a while now. They come and go, but never go away for good.

TP2000

Could we all just pause a moment from all these rumors to acknowledge this DVC Cast Member?

He's got a shift in the DVC Lounge. He doesn't have to worry about doing a soft-sell hard sell on buying into a cheesy timeshare. He doesn't have to tell a cranky Karen why her points upgrade won't go through the week between Christmas and New Year's. All he has to do is stand there and look stoic and important while DVC members who really don't need any more high fructose corny syrup in their lives stand in line to fill up with even more high fructose corn syrup. Because it's "free". Or something.

Look at his stance. Look at his bearing. Look at his goatee. This man is a legend. And if you hold the ice lever down too long, he will know.

Corn Syrup Monitor.jpeg

SuddenStorm

Could we all just pause a moment from all these rumors to acknowledge this DVC Cast Member?

He's got a shift in the DVC Lounge. He doesn't have to worry about doing a soft-sell hard sell on buying into a cheesy timeshare. He doesn't have to tell a cranky Karen why her points upgrade won't go through the week between Christmas and New Year's. All he has to do is stand there and look stoic and important while DVC members who really don't need any more high fructose corny syrup in their lives stand in line to fill up with even more high fructose corn syrup. Because it's "free". Or something.

Look at his stance. Look at his bearing. Look at his goatee. This man is a legend. And if you hold the ice lever down too long, he will know.

View attachment 729278

I could be crazy but I'm about 90% sure that CM worked Splash Mountain back in 2021.

G00fyDad

The fact is, though, I have heard rumors of removing Star Tours and Buzz Lightyear for a while now. They come and go, but never go away for good.
We hear rumors of the Yeti being fixed off and on for years and he'd like to have a word with you regarding rumors like this.

Figments Friend

Really? Cause I only stopped reading here...

( looks at photo )

Hold on...

Is that Bob Chapek there in the light blue shirt, extreme right...?
Figures he would want a free soda...

-

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom