Star Lord from Guardians of the Galaxy coming to Walt Disney World

Cesar R M

*Spoilers*
Video of meet & greet:

Definitely Baby Groot.
Seems to do a pretty good Starlord I'd say. it'll certainly play for my 7 year old daughter who will likely just want to dance with him

whasup with that starlord that looks straight from the 50's with that mustache? XD

also gods, that baby groot puppet is awesome!

FigmentJedi

When Disney buys Pixar and the characters show up in the parks, that's fine. But when it's Marvel, suddenly it's all sarcasm and bemoaning about Walt's legacy....
Pixar was never that independent. Even before the buyout it was pretty much joined at the hip to Disney and everything created under their initial contract always belonged to Disney.

As for the other stuff, while Star Wars and Muppets were more about "Original creators feeling Disney would be good stewards for their legacy", the Marvel deal was pretty transparently a "Let's buy the MCU so we don't have to make our own Franchise That Appeals to Boys like Princesses Do to Girls" thing.

HMF

When Disney buys Pixar and the characters show up in the parks, that's fine.....
Not exactly , I have no problem with Pixar in the parks as I do with Marvel on principle but the way they have been putting Pixar into the Parks (Throwing them into places they don't belong (Monsters in Tomorrowland, Nemo in The Seas and Subs etc.) is certainly not fine. I think Pixar Place and the place making around Toy Story Midway Mania was a great way to keep all the Pixar properties in one dedicated area but sadly, that seems to be on the chopping block so the problem will continue I guess.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Seems like he did some power lifting, got a trim with the hair and 'stache.

Nailed it - it's the full package:

Wow, that's the third 'friend of Star Lord' I've seen in videos and he totally is nailing it with looks and vibe. He even has more of the chin stubble which the other two need.

One of the other ones had the laugh down and the third made up for any lacking with a smoldering wink at the camera.

ItlngrlBella

pS: it will be interesting if they can pull it off with the face characters from the Star Wars franchise when that all opens. I saw an very good Rey somewhere and that girl looked just like the character, mannerisms, but did not speak (it was something on stage where they just all walked out and posed).

I digress - back to GotG.

Last edited:

FigmentJedi

So how much exhibit space do these stupid meet and greets take up anyway? Like did they just section off a chunk of that theater lobby where they had all those park icon models?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom