standard view at BLT?

fairetails

Original Poster
I'm thinking of booking november at BLT. To conserve points I was thinking of a studio with standard view. My 2 y/o goes to bed at 8 so we aren't really gonna be watching the fireworks. Has anyone seen the view or know what it is a view of? I'm guessin the parking lot. How bad is it?

MKCP 1985

I think standard view looks back toward the Contemporary. With the design, any room on the Magic Kingdom side is going to overlook some parking lot, right?

tjkraz

Yeah, the Standard View will mostly be rooms that face the A-Frame CR tower. There MAY also be some lower-floor rooms--particularly on the MK side. With the trees over on that side of the resort, speculation is that only the higher-floor rooms will be classified as a true Magic Kingdom View. Even if you're facing the MK, from the 2nd or 3rd floor you aren't going to see much more than trees and parking lot.

To OP--before you give this too much thought you might want to call and see what is available. The Standard View room class is very small and it may already be too late to get one for November.

hansel1

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the BLT will have a viewing area for fireworks.

I thought I recall seeing a layout where there were viewing areas on top of BLT that were available for guests staying at that resort.

Even if that is not the case, I think I will save my points by getting a standard view room.

MKCP 1985

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the BLT will have a viewing area for fireworks.

I thought I recall seeing a layout where there were viewing areas on top of BLT that were available for guests staying at that resort.

Even if that is not the case, I think I will save my points by getting a standard view room.

The top of the resort has a lounge where the fireworks can be viewed. That is sure to be very popular. :D

tjkraz

The top of the resort has a lounge where the fireworks can be viewed. That is sure to be very popular. :D

Yeah and it will be interesting to see how Disney resolves that dilemma. The max occupancy of the rooftop lounge is far below the number of people who will be booked into non-MK view rooms at BLT. I'm doing this from memory but I don't think that lounge will hold more than 150 people. Meanwhile there are over 200 VILLAS which will not have the MK view. Most of those villas hold 9-13 people, so you could easily have thousands of guests with access to the lounge on any given night.

Realistically most people are bound to have other plans. I can't speak for everyone but we are usually in the parks during the nighttime shows...not back at our resort ready to retire for the evening.

Still people are bound to arrive quite early if they use a first-come, first-served system. Be interesting to see how this plays-out once the resort is open.

DisneyPhD

Was there ever mentioned a voucher system where you would get a voucher or access pass to that lounge good for one time during your stay. Maybe I'm just remembering someone else's idea.

CatsMeow

We are booked for 2 nights in late August in a water-view studio, waitlisted for a MK view, but I am not holding my breath! ;) I am happy to be staying there and I am okay with the water-view. We will find somewhere to watch the fireworks....on at least one of the nights, we will be at the park anyway! :animwink:

Monorail_Red

Was there ever mentioned a voucher system where you would get a voucher or access pass to that lounge good for one time during your stay. Maybe I'm just remembering someone else's idea.

My best guess is that the lounge will be accessble to everyone in the tower...they would weed out the non DVC guests by requiring a room key to cross over from the Concourse to BLT.

tjkraz

My best guess is that the lounge will be accessble to everyone in the tower...they would weed out the non DVC guests by requiring a room key to cross over from the Concourse to BLT.

It's more complicated than that.

The Bay Lake Tower has 281 two bedroom equivalent villas. With a max occupancy of 9 per two bedroom there could be over 2500 guests in the Bay Lake Tower at any given time. The lounge won't come close to holding that.

I can't find the info right now but I would swear the max occupancy of the lounge was under 200. Whatever the final number, it's entirely possible that it will not be large enough to hold everyone that wants to visit. It will vary from one day to the next as many people will be in their rooms or at the parks. But on popular holiday periods (New Year's Eve!) it could be a real nightmare. Disney will have to develop some system for allowing guests to enter the lounge. Could be as simple as first-come, first-served or vouchers as the other poster suggested.

dizzney

We booked a one bedroom for 5 nights with an MK view the first week in Janaury, booked 5 ngihts prior inclduing New Years Eve at the Boardwalk with a Boardwalk view. We Never pay the extra points for the views except this is New Years Eve and also our first trip to Bay Lake (bought an extra 100 points there on top of oru BWV) so we wanted an MK view.

BirdsOfPreyDave

The member site has a link to a video (select Sneak Preview) that talks about the fireworks viewing area and the lounge. The end of the video has the following disclaimer:

"Access to the rooftop viewing area is only for guests staying at Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort. Access restrictions apply. Availability is very limited. Call in advance for a reservation."

imagine_82

i was told by our DVC rep that we could make reservations for the lounge when booking your trip or at any point before your stay @ BLT. you can book it thru the DVC reservations line.

dizzney

I hadnt heard I could make reservations for the lounge, will check that out, though we wont need it this time sicne we have an MK view, next time probably!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom