Stand-by Queues

zurj

Original Poster
I am taking my family on our first trip in April. I've done a lot of research on touringplans, etc. and they always suggest maximizing FP oppurtunities. But i've also read that Disney is doing a lot to enhance the queuing areas. I know FP is strongly recommended, but are there some rides that are worth doing stand-by because the queue is so cool? For example I saw the new BTMRR queue is supposed to be very cool, and I saw someone post that the Test Track queue is really neat. So what queues are actually worth the time to stand-by as opposed to FP?

Prince-1

One queue that you can pass is the HM. It really does nothing to pluss the ride and it can add some good time to your wait. I've also never done SM basically for the same reason as Hm. I really would rather get to the ride faster than waiting to play an updated version of Asteroids (I know, I'm showing my age!!:()

Now from what I've seen of BTMRR, I really want to skip the FP lane and see what was added. It seems they really added some great stuff that enhnaces the ride experience. It feels like it belongs rather just being slapped together and added on like some others.

jlsHouston

Dumbo if you have a magazine, a book to look at or battery life on your phone so you can get on FB or play angry birds while you sit and relax and your kid(s) plays til the buzzer lights up for them to take their place in line.

I will get in line for Buzz and PoC and Winnie the Pooh because I think the queue's are interesting. However I get in no line over 40 minutes...

JIMINYCR

FP's are great at helping you through the parks and allow you to do the most popular rides. Most of the queues are full of neat things to look at, their purpose is to hold your interest and keep your mind off of how long you are waiting in line. A favorite I like to take my time going through is AK's Expedition Everest queue. Test track is also a good one. The new haunted Mansion interactive queue is wonderful. Be sure to look for hidden Mickeys and things placed as tributes to past attractions and Disney personnel. Seems like every time I go I find things I've overlooked or didnt spot before.

taz0162

I really like the Haunted Mansion graveyard walk queue.(not a fast pass ride...yet...but has 2 lines) BTMR new queue looks to be really nice as well. EE is really well done with great detail. My kids loved Pooh's queue (Still upset Mr Toad is gone :( ).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom