Staggs resigns

Quinnmac000

I know Netflix would be the beneficial option for DIS but ESPN would hurt Netflix and not be beneficial for it as it would only raise the price in the US. Overseas none would really care about that option. If anything, TWDC should push to bundle ESPN with Hulu as they already own part of Hulu, its more beneficial for them financial as buying Netflix most likely means more Disney films on Netflix which would end harm home video sales because the reasoning would be why buy when its already on Netflix.

rfc0001

I remember reading somewhere in this forum about a report on how DVC is actually slowing down a lot. Because of the insane prices and people who dont find the whole thing a good deal.
Overall, sales are steady over past two years (with steadily increasing prices, so still growth in terms of $):

UncleMike101

The same result of increasing customer loyalty could've been achieved with what has worked for 60 years. New attractions.

Shocking I know.
You----You----- troublemaker!
Who knows better what the customers want?
You, or the Igerites?
(Sarc off)
You're right of course.
Disney is substituting the term "Customer loyalty" for "Captive audience".
The end result could well be that Disney will alienate their loyal patrons by overexerting control over their visit.
Couple that with higher prices for fewer positive returns on their vacation investment dollars and many people will simply give up and move on.
We intend to take our planned vacation to WDW in May, and we also intend to have a great time.
If circumstances happen that don't allow us to do that I'll deal with them as they arise.

ParentsOf4

Overall, sales are steady over past two years (with steadily increasing prices, so still growth in terms of $):
Looking at WDW DVC sales over a longer period tells a different story:

DVC Sales.jpg

rael ramone

I know Netflix would be the beneficial option for DIS but ESPN would hurt Netflix and not be beneficial for it as it would only raise the price in the US. Overseas none would really care about that option. If anything, TWDC should push to bundle ESPN with Hulu as they already own part of Hulu, its more beneficial for them financial as buying Netflix most likely means more Disney films on Netflix which would end harm home video sales because the reasoning would be why buy when its already on Netflix.

I'm wondering if the thought of $DIS buying Netflix would have crossed their minds if it didn't come with someone they thought was superior to all in-house candidates for the Weathermans job...

HauntedMansionFLA

I remember reading somewhere in this forum about a report on how DVC is actually slowing down a lot. Because of the insane prices and people who dont find the whole thing a good deal.
I believe this past week announcements coming out about cutting benefits for people buying the resell DVC units

R W B

Beyond being hurt financially, ESPN's credibility has taken a big hit over the last year or two, largely because of their NFL coverage.

They had a history of getting great personalities and when those personalities get too big for ESPN to control they push them out.

Their refusal to hold the NFL accountable for the Ray Rice situation is deplorable and they followed that up with the far less serious but equally mis-reported Deflategate. Add in the lack of reporting on concussions and you have a pretty strong trio of failure.

I hold ESPN responsible for Roger Goodell still having a job.
What?? So Ray Rice is why ESPN is failing? Yes, we've all seen the video but the women still married him, has been by his side, charges were dropped because of a deal I believe and he has not gotten back into the NFL. Meanwhile Greg Hardy was found guilty, that women is still scared of him, we've seen the pics of he bruises all over and he actually made it back to the league but yet you say Rice is a bigger issue?

RSoxNo1

What?? So Ray Rice is why ESPN is failing? Yes, we've all seen the video but the women still married him, has been by his side, charges were dropped because of a deal I believe and he has not gotten back into the NFL. Meanwhile Greg Hardy was found guilty, that women is still scared of him, we've seen the pics of he bruises all over and he actually made it back to the league but yet you say Rice is a bigger issue?
Ray Rice was what I was focusing on, but both are problems and ESPN has been by the NFL's side during all of this. They chose to suspend their own employee (Bill Simmons) longer (3 weeks) than Ray Rice initially got by Goodell (2 games). Simmons called out Goodell and his employer chose to stand by the company that was covering up domestic violence. That's not the only reason why ESPN is hurting, but it's certainly hurt their credibility with me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom