SSR V OKW V PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I'd pick OKW. I like POR, but the rooms at OKW are bigger, you get two separate sinks (instead of just side by side) and 2 queen beds. The Community Hall and staff at OKW just puts it above POR for me. Everything else is similar in terms of transportation and such to me.

Has Disney recently renovated the studios at OKW? I stayed in late 2013 and my room had a large vanity in the bathroom with only one sink.

Note that there are no elevators at OKW.

Edit: agree with others. Dining options are limited at OKW. No food court - QS is a walk up counter....outside. I'd stay at SSR - you can either walk to Disney Springs or take the boat. SSR also has the largest gym of any of the DVC resorts and a nice spa.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Yes, they are supposed to! But a friend who is staying their right now is in bldg. 35. She said they got up yesterday, went outside their room, and there was a man with a dog letting it relieve itself right in front of their room. They immediately went to the customer service desk and asked Why? The answer: Those people called and reserved a room, so..........................
So? So much for their only in bldg. 24. My friends suggested that they do as they advertised and will take of these things as promised.
I have serious doubts that Disney will be able to do this the way things are set up.
So, it's nice to say certain bldgs. in all the resorts, but that's not what is happening right now.

I would have immediately requested a transfer to a building that wasn't designated for dogs.

correcaminos

[
Has Disney recently renovated the studios at OKW? I stayed in late 2013 and my room had a large vanity in the bathroom with only one sink.

Note that there are no elevators at OKW.

Edit: agree with others. Dining options are limited at OKW. No food court - QS is a walk up counter....outside. I'd stay at SSR - you can either walk to Disney Springs or take the boat. SSR also has the largest gym of any of the DVC resorts and a nice spa.
They are refurbing right now. Though what I had last year looked fine but realize some rooms probably were worn looking. Even then there is a sink in the bathroom and a sink outside by the kitchenette.

There are elevators at buildings 62-64 at OKW. Though for us we never really use elevators anyway. You can also boat or walk to DS but it's not a quick walk. My issue with SSR is the studio layout is small. One bed only and with that I'd rather do POR

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom