SSR V OKW V PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE

mrs moon

Original Poster
Which one should i choose for family of 3 (two ladies & 13 year old girl...No car,so will use Disney busses and have dining plan?

Pixieish

Which one should i choose for family of 3 (two ladies & 13 year old girl...No car,so will use Disney busses and have dining plan?
What about a Royal room at POR - you'll all live like princesses! (I absolutely adore the dining plan! We don't go without it if we can help it!)

correcaminos

I'd pick OKW. I like POR, but the rooms at OKW are bigger, you get two separate sinks (instead of just side by side) and 2 queen beds. The Community Hall and staff at OKW just puts it above POR for me. Everything else is similar in terms of transportation and such to me.

Bartledvd

Only stayed at OKW out of them three and me and my family love it but the quick service there is terrible table service at olivias is fantastic and it is a short boat ride to disney springs and that is where my wife sends me to grab food when we get back from park hungry.
Sadly for us as we travel in a group of 8 we will never try POR as its cheaper for two bed villa at OKW SSR than two rooms at POR.

BigRedDad

I have stayed at SSR and POR. We will be staying at OKW in 3 weeks. I will never stay at POR again. The resort is great but our transportation was horrible. I can't give details, but we were well compensated because I actually documented the times and what was done to us. After Day 2, we only used POFQ transportation. We walked to that resort for the remainder of our trip. Princess Tiana rooms are a joke. You pay about $75 more per night for some wallpaper and a fireworks button. Not really worth the extra money because you stop hitting the button after a day or two. SSR is a great resort. Absolutely loved it. So much to do. You can find DVC deals for less than the price of a Value resort. I am paying $100/nt for 7-nights at OKW. That was $400 less than booking Pop Century and the AS were all full for Pop Warner.

Minnesota disney fan

I've only stayed at POR. However, since they are now allowing dogs everywhere (except food and pool) I have changed resorts for our trip next spring. We loved POR and always stayed there, but it is now not the same for us. I love dogs, but don't want to vacation with them and I don't feel Disney is a pet type vacation, that's all.
So I would vote for Sarasota or OKW if it was me.
I would probably try for a onsite resort, like the monorail ones with the party you mentioned. Also, if you like Epcot, there is the Boardwalk, or Swan or Dolphin. YC is now dog friendly, if that is not for you.

Pixieish

I've only stayed at POR. However, since they are now allowing dogs everywhere (except food and pool) I have changed resorts for our trip next spring. We loved POR and always stayed there, but it is now not the same for us. I love dogs, but don't want to vacation with them and I don't feel Disney is a pet type vacation, that's all.
So I would vote for Sarasota or OKW if it was me.
I would probably try for a onsite resort, like the monorail ones with the party you mentioned. Also, if you like Epcot, there is the Boardwalk, or Swan or Dolphin. YC is now dog friendly, if that is not for you.
POR is only allowing dogs in 4 buildings as of a couple of days ago.

Minnesota disney fan

POR is only allowing dogs in 4 buildings as of a couple of days ago.

Yes, they are supposed to! But a friend who is staying their right now is in bldg. 35. She said they got up yesterday, went outside their room, and there was a man with a dog letting it relieve itself right in front of their room. They immediately went to the customer service desk and asked Why? The answer: Those people called and reserved a room, so..........................
So? So much for their only in bldg. 24. My friends suggested that they do as they advertised and will take of these things as promised.
I have serious doubts that Disney will be able to do this the way things are set up.
So, it's nice to say certain bldgs. in all the resorts, but that's not what is happening right now.

Pixieish

Yes, they are supposed to! But a friend who is staying their right now is in bldg. 35. She said they got up yesterday, went outside their room, and there was a man with a dog letting it relieve itself right in front of their room. They immediately went to the customer service desk and asked Why? The answer: Those people called and reserved a room, so..........................
So? So much for their only in bldg. 24. My friends suggested that they do as they advertised and will take of these things as promised.
I have serious doubts that Disney will be able to do this the way things are set up.
So, it's nice to say certain bldgs. in all the resorts, but that's not what is happening right now.
OH WOW!!! So, we've got this and already one dog reported toileting where it isn't supposed to. Nevermind all the stuff that goes unreported...

correcaminos

:(

I'm a huge pet lover but this bothers me.

Minnesota disney fan

I agree! We were looking to stay at POR Friday night since we won't get in until late but hearing this makes me not want to stay there as my husband is allergic to pet hair.

please let us know how it goes at POR. It is interesting to hear first hand comments. I doubt if you get a dog room only because wdw just started this "trial" with dogs. I don't think many new dog reservations will be present yet, only the people who booked long ago. I could very well be wrong. Have a good trip!

DfromATX

We've stayed at POR and SSR and enjoyed both, but if I had to pick, I'd say SSR was nicer... but that was in 2006 so...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom