Sshh.We are trying to eat.!

real mad hatter

Original Poster
Good Morning Everyone.Reading today's Disney food blog and the top three restaurants for a quiet experience were Jiko,Artist point,and V & A..really surprised that T- Rex never got a mention :eek: Anyway the only one in their choices that I've been to is Jiko and yes it was a nice quiet experience. So what other restaurant would you add to the top three for that quiet experience ?:)

Mukta

Jiko and Artist Point are the only really quiet meals I have really had at WDW. Some signature restaurants are somewhat quiet after 8 pm, but not as quiet as I would prefer.

wiigirl

Jiko is the queitest resturant I have eated at WDW....
75.gif

zurgandfriend

Except for V&A I think it really depends on the luck of draw. One of the noisiest meals I ever had was at Artist Point where unfortunately we sat next a table where there where 4 adults eating their dinner oblivious to their 6 children who ran screaming around the restaurant while playing tag. On the opposite end of the spectrum I have eaten in Cosmic Rays and enjoyed a performance by Sonny Eclipse hearing the entire performance.

rufio

I haven't been to any of the aforementioned, but I'll be checking out Artist Point, Flying Fish, and Bistro on my upcoming trip so I'll get back to you ;)

Sloan

In addition to those already mentioned, Bistro de Paris can be reasonably quiet - we'll soon see how the changes to the layout / decor may effect that ... (I think it's still schedule to reopen in December ...)

dave&di

I was surprised at how quiet the Sci-Fi Dine-In was, I expected a lot of hustle and bustle but it was actually nice and quiet, I'm guessing most people were watching the movie clips! I know a lot of people will say this isn't a restaurant but this is my level of dining!!!!

real mad hatter

Original Poster
I was surprised at how quiet the Sci-Fi Dine-In was, I expected a lot of hustle and bustle but it was actually nice and quiet, I'm guessing most people were watching the movie clips! I know a lot of people will say this isn't a restaurant but this is my level of dining!!!!
Must have been 2001: A Space Oddy..;)

luv

Good Morning Everyone.Reading today's Disney food blog and the top three restaurants for a quiet experience were Jiko,Artist point,and V & A..really surprised that T- Rex never got a mention :eek: Anyway the only one in their choices that I've been to is Jiko and yes it was a nice quiet experience. So what other restaurant would you add to the top three for that quiet experience ?:)
ITA. You'd think RFC and T-Rex would be on the list!

I don't go to the more frou-frou restaurants, but I bet many of them (Narcoossee, Cali Grill, etc.) would have fewer kids and thus, be more quiet.

Many places are more quiet during non-peak meal times.

I can't think of a single place I've ever visited that was consistently quiet except Tusker House...and they ruined that one by turning it into a character meal.

awesomeinabox

I had a very quiet meal at the Brown Derby awhile back. I always request to be seated away from large families and small children. I'm willing to wait the extra 20 minutes for a peaceful meal.
I have a hearing problem for about 8 hours after every flight so no matter where I eat my first day it's always very peaceful and quiet!

stlbobby

ITA. You'd think RFC and T-Rex would be on the list!

I don't go to the more frou-frou restaurants, but I bet many of them (Narcoossee, Cali Grill, etc.) would have fewer kids and thus, be more quiet.

Many places are more quiet during non-peak meal times.

I can't think of a single place I've ever visited that was consistently quiet except Tusker House...and they ruined that one by turning it into a character meal.

The Cali Grill is surprisingly noisy considering the price. It is a combination of the acoustics and open kitchen, but they have a wine room that is separate from the general area that is really quiet. You have to request it and it is reserved for couples and small parties without children.

stlbobby

I had a very quiet meal at the Brown Derby awhile back. I always request to be seated away from large families and small children. I'm willing to wait the extra 20 minutes for a peaceful meal.
I have a hearing problem for about 8 hours after every flight so no matter where I eat my first day it's always very peaceful and quiet!

Always request a booth at the Brown Derby, even if you have to wait, it is worth it. The main dining area is loud and the tables are right on top of each other. The difference in experiences between the booths and the tables is surprising.

stlbobby

It didn't occur to me until you posted it, but it is normally quiet at Sci-fi. I think you are correct about people watching the movies, but I think the arrangement of the tables as cars, so people aren't facing each other has something to do with it too.

real mad hatter

Original Poster
When we dined at CG this year,we were seated way to the left at a window seat overlooking the lake opposite magic kingdom.It was very quiet.Our server was a female CM about 5" tall and spoke like Dolly Parton,she was fantastic.If I remember right her hours were 9 to 5.:rolleyes:

jlsHouston

I've never had a quiet meal at WDW...well maybe a late lunch (2:30) at Les Chefs on a weekday this past summer.. it was pretty quiet.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom