SSE w/ Siemens and more (2/14/06)

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Some quick updates from around WDW today...

First off, Siemens is really on SSE now...

valentine0242nc.jpg

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Monorail yellow is carpetless..

valentine0114cg.jpg

And the rest aint visually too interesting, so here's the jist..

Epcot's entrance area loop now includes the Turtle Lope from the finding Nemo soundtrack, and merch in the gift shops features Nemo, Figment, a MS rocket, and a TT car as the main figures.

Something went horribly wrong at MK today, and I don't know exactly what. They began to evac all of Fantasyland (atleast the side toward Haunted Mansion). It started with an ambulance in the walkway between Pooh and Toon Town, then managers ran by.. and things got weird. They started clearing Fantasyland in a panic of sorts - really disorganized and chaotic. I wandered into a closed Pinnochios Village Haus on accident, and I noticed small world was evacing in a hurry. I wandered out of the restaurant and into the empty plaza, where were immediately barked at to clear the area (I just made a wrong turn into an empty restaurant, yikes!). The CM proceeded to push forward and thus pushed the guests out of Fantasyland. We circled around the castle and there was another manager preventing anyone from going the opposite way (back toward the Teacups and Cosmic Rays).

It was a mess, but I hope no one was hurt.

Not much else to report - the Temple of Hope entrance to the China film was closed and they were routing guests to enter from the rear of the theater. Walls came down in innoventions plaza, the tile wall was replaced with stonework. The inferno barge was back..

Back at MK, Scuttle's Landing was closed, and by the jewelers on mainstreet there was a low-level wall and construction area.

I think that's it.. Nothing else that counts as news :)

Pongo

mousermerf said:
Something went horribly wrong at MK today, and I don't know exactly what. They began to evac all of Fantasyland (atleast the side toward Haunted Mansion). It started with an ambulance in the walkway between Pooh and Toon Town, then managers ran by.. and things got weird. They started clearing Fantasyland in a panic of sorts - really disorganized and chaotic. I wandered into a closed Pinnochios Village Haus on accident, and I noticed small world was evacing in a hurry. I wandered out of the restaurant and into the empty plaza, where were immediately barked at to clear the area (I just made a wrong turn into an empty restaurant, yikes!). The CM proceeded to push forward and thus pushed the guests out of Fantasyland. We circled around the castle and there was another manager preventing anyone from going the opposite way (back toward the Teacups and Cosmic Rays).

It's all explained in the Peter Pan Accident thread. I'd give you a link, but I'm sure it's right under this thread in the same forum.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Really bums me out to hear someone was hurt :(

On a happy note, it took me 5 tries to get the Siemens pic (because it was night and dark) and i'm darn proud of it :)

dxwwf3

mousermerf said:
On a happy note, it took me 5 tries to get the Siemens pic (because it was night and dark) and i'm darn proud of it :)

The sign looks kinda tacked on there, but I guess that's about what happened though.

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Did they fix the awful ride system & terrible audio system yet? :lookaroun :lol: :p

Yay for the sign... now fix it (everything)... and add a post show! :fork:

brkgnews

Frank Stallone said:
New post-show elements will be in place in October, as well as some modifications to the in-show elements
And who is responsible for bringing us this information? You guessed it... Frank Stallone.

/SNL :D

Frank Stallone said:
New post-show elements will be in place in October, as well as some modifications to the in-show elements

I hope your right about this, Frank Stallone, I don't want to go back to Epcot until SSE is fixed, and I'm getting tired of waiting.

magicstar01

SSE is great needs updating though!

I like SSE the way it is but i had hoped siemens would have done more to it by now! Love it the way it is because it is a classic i remember my dad talking about it when i was young before i even went, and he hadnt even been! I think it should be kept the same idea but needs a huge techno rehab! Its meant to portray communications future yet everything they show we have they make the internet look like the next big thing? surely something else could be there?:king:

magicstar01

lol well it does look more futuristic no matter how anyone speeeeeelllssss it:king: hopefully its the start of something good .............:king:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom