SSE signs, Yeti menus, trees and more

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
My feet hurt!

Anywho, in a few moments:

All the menus from Yak/Yeti - even the bar!
SSE signs are up, i give it a "meh" until i see it lit up.
Trees at MK and AK

Some other stuff too of course, but on the "info" side of things:

New maps at AK and MK. MK features toy soldiers on the front and the inside mentions the "newly enhanced" HM. AK has the jingle jungle parade on the front.

In SSE's queue they've installed plants and it seems to be clears of general debris which it had before. It looks very lush and tropical in there.

I peeked into Innoventions West's rehab space (Velcro, no?) and it's concrete and lots of lighting fixtures (like stage lighting) in neat little rows.

Wonders has been stripped of all signage and it's dignity. There's no stage at the Epcot tree yet. SSE's lounge was lit up. The SSE signs aren't wired yet (you can see the wires dangling).

Yak/Yeti was crawling with blue badges. I didn't take a photo, but the shop is tiny and not part of the main building. It faces the monkey enclosure. Some neat stuff if you like Tea though, lots of Yak/Yeti branded merch.

Fountain View has holiday decor - someone is showing it some love. Also, Club Cool has neat garlands and trees. Don't recall it being decorated before.

Okie, photos in a few!

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Oh!

I almost forgot: Horrible "shouldn't be in Epcot" Pirate-themed kiosk is gone from the west breezeway, a generic cart hocking princess crap and fleece blankies is in its place.

Figment82

There are new holiday-themed maps at MGM too - I wonder if Epcot will get one as well.

And I like SSE's new signs, I think they look very nice.

Oh and FYI - Wonders isn't going anywhere for a while, so don't worry about it being "stripped of its dignity." It's simply awaiting its next assignment. :)

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Okie, my image server seems slow, but is working, so just bear with it...

Yeti time! No more walls (I'd gotten quite used to them) and it adds tons of space to the area.

yyak01.jpg

Woot, i say, woot!

yyak02.jpg

The entrance.. all purpley

yyak03.jpg

People who were in my way, pointing at the menu, and then who never went in..

yyak04.jpg

The menu once I had it all to myself:

yyak05.jpg

There's 4 counter service thingies, each with two matching menus.

yyak06.jpg

yyak07.jpg

Outside toward the seating, behind the shop, to the side of the main restaurant, and well, in general vicinty of Asia:

yyak08.jpg

There's an outdoor bar too!

yyak09.jpg

And this is part of the outdoor seating area.. or rather, this is in it.

yyak10.jpg

And it appears my image server is going uber-slow. This post should have 10 photos in it. Patience is golden! More photos in a few moments.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Okie, it wont upload proper-like, so to heck with it! I'll post it later.

Anywho.. AK tree:

yyak11.jpg

And some details..

yyak12.jpg

Epcot! Gates...

yyak13.jpg

They made me all kinds of happy.

yyak14.jpg

Spaceship Earth signs:

yyak16.jpg

And again..

yyak17.jpg

From the side..

yyak18.jpg

And the other side, note the wire..

yyak23.jpg

One more time for good luck!

yyak24.jpg

And here's the big picture:

yyak22.jpg

Stuff besides the same two signs at Epcot in a few, i swear!

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Christmas at Epcot:

yyak15.jpg

And a close up on Donald:

yyak25.jpg

And for $350 this too could be yours..

yyak20.jpg

Found these too, note the wandless SSE:

yyak30.jpg

This is where a horrible pirate kiosk used to be:

yyak19.jpg

Empty wonders, no signs even..

yyak21.jpg

And this is the MK with garland:

yyak28.jpg

Facade work on the barber shop..

yyak26.jpg

And the walls have moved outward on the cinema..

yyak27.jpg

And this is the tree:

yyak29.jpg

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Oh that is too funny!

I just realized the Barber Shop picture-tarp has a photo of the Halloween banner flapping in the wind!

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Main Street x-mas decor:

yyak31.jpg

And chocolate covered goodness!

yyak32.jpg

And we begin a group of castle photos, if you scroll through you'll notice it twinkles/flickers/waves for you!

yyak34.jpg

yyak35.jpg

yyak36.jpg

Last, but certainly not least, a good night-shot photo of Imagination all lit up:

yyak37.jpg

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
*sigh* My image server appears to be completely misbehaving :( The photos will be there.. eventually.. if you cant see them right now.

haveyoumetmark

Thanks for the pictures. I really kind of liked the old Spaceship Earth signs with the orange. The hints of orange looked so nice up against the blue, complementary colors ftw. Don't get me wrong, I love the new ones, but I just miss the orange. :)

Figment82

That 4-park set of shot glasses (aka toothpick holders) has been around for a very long time - just so you don't think it's a new piece of merchandise. :)

Biff215

I swear the MK tree is leaning. I've seen other pics of it this year and they all shown it leaning. Did you notice that Merf?

We were there this past weekend, and yes, it is definitely leaning. It's probably most visible from the Liberty Square walkway off the hub.

Maybe they weren't too concerned with it considering it will be moving after the parade taping?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom