SSE reopening?

jenbierling

For those that have been on the new SSE picture this... I had no idea what the new descent was. On the way up, when the pic was snapped I was holding my 8 month old baby in my arms and he looked up wide-eyed and had his binky in his mouth. So on the descent, here are me and my baby (complete with binky taking up half his face) bobble-heads.... I would have paid $100 to take that video home with me... it made me smile ear to ear all the way down!

wannab@dis

I know...but I can dream right?

Perhaps the SSE model/fiberoptic swoosh will be back?

And no offense, Laura,but most of us want SSE to be a bold and dramatic story of Human History,if not communication.While the cartoon might be cute,it really dosn't belong on SSE or in Epcot(for the most part.)

I will keep mandating however,that "It could be worse" and we should be thankful the entire ride isn't a screen or narrated by Stich.:animwink:
No offense, but who is "most of us" you refer to? A little self-assured of your opinion, huh? No doubt there's a vocal group of complainers on this site, but "most" is doubtful. In addition, that's still just a tiny drop in a bucket of the people going through the gates every day.

By the way Laura, my brother and his family just returned from their trip and they had the same reaction as you. He said they had a blast with the descent, liked it so much, they rode again several more times. This was their first trip in 5 or 6 years and he was glad to see all the changes that have been made to Epcot. "Less 'snoozefests' and more Disney fun" was his thoughts of the park.

DisneyAnole

No offense, but who is "most of us" you refer to? A little self-assured of your opinion, huh? No doubt there's a vocal group of complainers on this site, but "most" is doubtful. In addition, that's still just a tiny drop in a bucket of the people going through the gates every day.

By the way Laura, my brother and his family just returned from their trip and they had the same reaction as you. He said they had a blast with the descent, liked it so much, they rode again several more times. This was their first trip in 5 or 6 years and he was glad to see all the changes that have been made to Epcot. "Less 'snoozefests' and more Disney fun" was his thoughts of the park.

Glad to see you're still policing opinions on this board. If you look at wdwmagic and several other WDW boards, you'd see that SSE's descent has been roundly criticized. "Most of us" could refer to "most of wdwmagic pundidts". Maybe he meant "most of parkgoers". Whatever he meant, it doesn't warrant you calling him out over it.

aladdin2007

Today is the day! :) It opens today or is suppose to I guess anyway if all is on schedule, but I cant wait to hear later just what exactly they did if anything.

Laura

Premium Member
And no offense, Laura,but most of us want SSE to be a bold and dramatic story of Human History,if not communication.While the cartoon might be cute,it really dosn't belong on SSE or in Epcot(for the most part.)

I believe it is a bold and dramatic story. The whole history half of the ride is SO much better than before. The narration, the music, the new scenes...they blow the previous version out of the water.

The end (descent) of Spaceship Earth was never about history - it was always about the future and our corny ideas about what the future would hold. Before the way they showed it was really boring (the 2 kids having video chat, the classroom playing a video game, followed by corny strings of lights). Now it's clever and very entertaining.

It may not be cutting edge technology, but I'm willing to bet that most of the people who visit Disney find it amusing to see their heads on silly cartoon bodies of the future. More amusing than the boring lights. :shrug:

Laura

Premium Member

We rode it over and over. I would have done it many more times had I had time. I still giggle thinking about it.

aladdin2007

The new music is not even memorable or barely audible, how one can say it blows the previous version out of the water is beyond me but thats the beauty of opinions. Makes it interesting to hear how some like certain parts like that and some dont. Glad you enjoyed it though.

wannab@dis

Glad to see you're still policing opinions on this board. If you look at wdwmagic and several other WDW boards, you'd see that SSE's descent has been roundly criticized. "Most of us" could refer to "most of wdwmagic pundidts". Maybe he meant "most of parkgoers". Whatever he meant, it doesn't warrant you calling him out over it.
Policing opinions? Pot, Kettle, Black? :rolleyes:

Have a magical day.

Laura

Premium Member
The new music is not even memorable or barely audible, how one can say it blows the previous version out of the water is beyond me but thats the beauty of opinions. Makes it interesting to hear how some like certain parts like that and some dont. Glad you enjoyed it though.

Seriously? It was really loud when I rode and I couldn't stop commenting about how much better I liked it than the old 80's music.

wannab@dis

Seriously? It was really loud when I rode and I couldn't stop commenting about how much better I liked it than the old 80's music.
:eek:

You had better duck and cover. Don't you know that's sacrilege around here? We need to send you to the DisneyPuristReEducationForHappyVacationerMustComplainInstead school.

EPCOT Explorer

If you were observant,most people around here don't like the ending and have called it boring.Just stating that.:)

Thanks.

Laura,thank you for your oppinions.While they might be different than mine I still respect them.:kiss:

wannab@dis

If you were observant,most people around here don't like the ending and have called it boring.Just stating that.:)

Thanks.

Laura,thank you for your oppinions.While they might be different than mine I still respect them.:kiss:
Some of the "posters" around here may not like it... doesn't mean "most people around here" doesn't like it. Look at the number of people using the forums. MOST are not even logged in so they are not posting opinions. In addition, posters to a forum are a miniscule percentage of the visitors to the park.

Oh, I'm fairly observant, but not self absorbed. :wave:

EPCOT Explorer

Ok,then,POSTERS or people who are actually active in the Disney community and seem to be long time fans don't like the finale.

That's all I said.

Sorry if you thought that was rude,I apoligize bacuase I do not want to appear rude as I cannot stand the rude people on this board.:)

kcnole

Now it's clever and very entertaining.

I can understand people finding it entertaining. America went nuts with the elf yourself videos. They were funny the first few I saw, then they got annoying. I can see this fad getting old fast.

However to say that the descent is clever? I just don't get that. Its a completely impossible view of the future, in a retro style of art, which uses technology that's been around for free on the internet for a few years already. I wouldn't call that clever. Entertaining for the masses? Sure, but not clever.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Some of the "posters" around here may not like it... doesn't mean "most people around here" doesn't like it. Look at the number of people using the forums. MOST are not even logged in so they are not posting opinions. In addition, posters to a forum are a miniscule percentage of the visitors to the park.

Oh, I'm fairly observant, but not self absorbed. :wave:

We'll see what the outcome is today, but according to the people i talked to, Disney felt a significant number of people were displeased.

wannab@dis

We'll see what the outcome is today, but according to the people i talked to, Disney felt a significant number of people were displeased.
Yep, you're right. We'll see the results soon of this downtime. I feel pretty strongly that the descent will basically stay as it has been.

Now, the interesting part will be if they don't make major changes, will all those that think the ending is hated by the majority of riders acknowledge their claims probably were not accurate. :)

kcnole

I don't think anybody really believes that most people hate the ending. Most people who go to Disney just call it the big ball. Some of those are surprised to even find a ride inside it. Most people could care less about the ending.

However, of the dedicated Disney fans, like the ones who gather on boards like this across the internet. I would say with fairly good certainty that a majority of them didn't like the ending. That's still a fairly small number compared to the number of people who come to the parks, but I think they're a vocal enough base that Disney listens a little at least.

EPCOT.nut

For those that have been on the new SSE picture this... I had no idea what the new descent was. On the way up, when the pic was snapped I was holding my 8 month old baby in my arms and he looked up wide-eyed and had his binky in his mouth. So on the descent, here are me and my baby (complete with binky taking up half his face) bobble-heads.... I would have paid $100 to take that video home with me... it made me smile ear to ear all the way down!

That's really sweet and I totally get you. I am not so into the video-ending but I don't think it ruined the ride. And I bet I would feel differently if I had a little kid on the screen with me that I loved! :)

Ok,then,POSTERS or people who are actually active in the Disney community and seem to be long time fans don't like the finale.

That's all I said.

Sorry if you thought that was rude,I apoligize bacuase I do not want to appear rude as I cannot stand the rude people on this board.:)

Don't apologize. I think those of us that have been on EPCOT discussion threads are used to each other and I actually read your original post as you intended, and in the context of past discussion I agree with you. You're not rude, I think your post was dissected more than you thought it would be! :lol:

I can understand people finding it entertaining. America went nuts with the elf yourself videos. They were funny the first few I saw, then they got annoying. I can see this fad getting old fast.

That's a good analogy.

BUT what if they frequently changed the video descent. It wouldn't be hard for them to change it every now and then. It would be a little better for those of us that go often.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom