SSE reopening?

CJR

I don't think the refurb was bad. The ascent is greater than ever, the middle is good as always, and the ending is a let down. Alot of progress was made during the refurb. :)

The only thing that was missing was a lack of innovation in the finale. I think it was them trying to be cheap. They don't want to spend $$ updating it again in a few years. For that very reason, they will probably have to spend $$ to update it again in a few years. That's what they get for limiting the finale's potential. The technology involved will go outdated quickly, as all technology does. So in a few years, more $$ are going to have to be spent on it, or it'll kind of rot like the last version did. That's all I can say to that. :zipit:

Let's enjoy what we have for now and hope Disney won't forget what we could have. Maybe they'll come back and give us a finale that will drop the jaws of even the most unemotional people. The possibilities are endless as to what they can do. :D

For now though, I'm satisified. Now, on to Imagination!! :sohappy::sohappy:

wannab@dis

The only thing that was missing was a lack of innovation in the finale. I think it was them trying to be cheap.

I just don't see that as the case. In fact, I think it's very likely the people responsible for the work were doing their best to provide an entertaining look at the future many dream about. They probably don't mind that everyone doesn't like it... goes with the territory... but claiming they were cheap could be very offensive. :shrug:

Skyway

Original Poster
By "cheap" I assume you mean "inexpensive"...and I highly doubt that's the case.

Installing those touchscreens on 150+ vehicles could not have been cheap, especially considering the constant cost of maintaining such hands-on equipment.

Throw in the fact that those screens are mounted to MOVING vehicles. It's not like they're hardwired to a cheap PC under a desk somewhere.

The image capture-and-crop camera seems to be quite sophisticated.

The way the screens display customized animation and photos over and over and over each day WHILE MOVING is just mind-blowing. "Elf Yourself" on a home computer is one thing. Try to name one place that uses such technology in a way that even comes close to SSE.

EpcotServo

The image capture-and-crop camera seems to be quite sophisticated.

The way the screens display customized animation and photos over and over and over each day WHILE MOVING is just mind-blowing. "Elf Yourself" on a home computer is one thing. Try to name one place that uses such technology in a way that even comes close to SSE.

Thank you!
:D

Laura

Premium Member
I can understand people finding it entertaining. America went nuts with the elf yourself videos. They were funny the first few I saw, then they got annoying. I can see this fad getting old fast.

However to say that the descent is clever? I just don't get that. Its a completely impossible view of the future, in a retro style of art, which uses technology that's been around for free on the internet for a few years already. I wouldn't call that clever. Entertaining for the masses? Sure, but not clever.

Well that's your opinion, and it's opposite mine. By clever I didn't mean genius, I meant witty. :animwink:

Elf yourself bores me. I don't find it funny at all. I don't know what it is, but the SSE version was so much funnier. Maybe because the ride is SO serious and then all of a sudden there's your head on a future body. I guess I just have an odd sense of humor. :shrug::lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom