SSE Lighting Design Work?

PaisleyMF

With the technology available right now, they can do a new light show at SSE, have even video projected on it. Now I am not sure they can use LED's to light up SSE but for sure they can do something amazing with another pavilion (Imagination) <Wink, Wink>

:lookaroun :lookaroun :lookaroun​

Now Do can see a new Nighttime parade with LED's all over. More bright and less Power, and some effects can be amazing.

WDWGuide

With the technology available right now, they can do a new light show at SSE, have even video projected on it. Now I am not sure they can use LED's to light up SSE but for sure they can do something amazing with another pavilion (Imagination) <Wink, Wink>

:lookaroun :lookaroun :lookaroun​

Something like this?

Allianzarenacombo.jpg

jt04

That may Work on SSE if the LED's are on the edges of the Alucobond tiles. But they could do something more like this with a new pavilion or inside attraction:

Belarus1.jpg

Belarus2.jpg

Belarus4.jpg

Imagine all of Future World with these type LED Lighting designs. Mind boggling:dazzle:

EPCOT_Man

The LEDs would not be your average evryday LED. it would be a set of LED spotlights, which have popped up at several landmarks(e.g. Empire Stae Building).

It's likely that it will get a new lighting system.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
I think the thing to realized is that they can either reflect/project the light or install lights directly on the structure - both can be LED.

I think keeping them reflected/projected light will keep SSE from looking like a bad jumbo-tron, but give it a great new depth of color and control.

jt04

I think the thing to realized is that they can either reflect/project the light or install lights directly on the structure - both can be LED.

I think keeping them reflected/projected light will keep SSE from looking like a bad jumbo-tron, but give it a great new depth of color and control.

I am for reflecting, projecting. magnifying, directly applied, and indirectly too, and also jumbo-troning, strobing even giant LCDing. Different schemes for different applications. Tastefully done of course. Skys the limit if they set their minds to it. Futures so BRIGHT I gotta wear:cool:

jasondiff

I still can't seem to get my head around it... IT'S GONE!!! :D :sohappy:

Every time I look at pics of the wandless SSE I feel that way too. Almost like I'm looking at pics from pre-1999. I don't think I've convinced myself yet that these pics are really today.

OT, but did you see in the Contemp DVC pics how full of water the holes in the ground are? Wow, it's a good thing they aren't selling basement level suites there! I know Florida has a high water table but wow...

CrashNet

And I hope I don't see THAT at WDW.

I'm all for projecting but not "installing on" the sphere.
You have to admit though, they could quite literally turn SSE into the Earth if they wanted to. Wow...would that be cool.

Still, I'm not a fan of putting lights physically on the structure. For one, it would take quite some time and be very expensive. I can see, however, them replacing the current lighting with LED spots similar to those used on the Empire State building. Those puppies are BRIGHT, and with LEDS, you have the entire spectrum of the rainbow to play with.

I'm anxious to see what (if anything) they do in the coming few months.

jalpcm

I would love to see some changing lights projected on it like they do the castle. I definitely think they should do something futuristic though, since the whole theme of Epcot is the future. I agree with the majority, really don't want anything attached/installed on it. It really does look amazing without that wand thingy. It brings me back to my childhood years when the Living Seas was just opening.

nbodyhome

OT, but did you see in the Contemp DVC pics how full of water the holes in the ground are? Wow, it's a good thing they aren't selling basement level suites there! I know Florida has a high water table but wow...

In the photos I took this past time, it was raining all day long - which is why there was so much water! I don't think I've ever seen water in the holes before.

Denise

EPCOT Explorer

I mentioned this in another post but just like they have on cinderella castle placing random strobes on the geosphere would look incredible!
That would be AWESOME!...It's a possibility too because they could easily put strobes in the tile cracks of SSE.You wouln'd see them that way...and it would look great!
I really hope they change the lighting on SSE.Colorchange would be a real plus!:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom