SSE closed until Feb 18th!

rdour@techminds

Though disappointed, it gives me a great excuse to buy an annual pass and join in on the fun in Feb. I'll be down there in early December. I knew keeping it open til July wasn't going to do the trick. This is obviously a lot more work than the Mansion was.

Let's hope they're going to surprise us with so many great new things that it's all worth the wait.

Ryan

rainfully

Ugh... that makes me feel kinda sick...

I've been soooo excited about this... I can't believe it's THAT far behind!!! :eek:

Oh well... something to look forward to...

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Ok, what's goin on? Where is everyone? *peeks around*

Did the world just end and i'm the last to know? Certainly I cant be the only person concerned about this..

What a bummer!

I hope it's just overstating when they'll have it closed till.. Was planning a little getaway with DFiance in January.. My AP expires before the 18th.. Here's to hoping for an early opening. (Maybe for APers ? we can hope. :)

Epcotrob

Well with all this extra time they have. I really hope the wow factor is great when it finally opens. Mabye they finaly came to the conclusion that in order to do what they really wanted to pull off, they could not do it in the old time frame givin. I miss SSE as much as the next person but I would rather they take thier time and do it right then to rush through things and give us a lesser show.

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
Yikes! See what happens when I take a day to catch up on my tivo'd stuff!

Well, something bad musta happened, I sure hope we get the scoop eventually. Until then I guess we wait as patiently as humanly possible?

Hey wait... did Monty have something to do with this???? Oh no, I just checked his vacation dates and he's going to miss it by 8 days unless he pushes back his trip.... guess we can't blame Monty :lol:

I really really want to know what happened here though, that's an extremely long delay!

Rob562

Ok, what's goin on? Where is everyone? *peeks around*

Did the world just end and i'm the last to know? Certainly I cant be the only person concerned about this..

We were all watching the World Series. (Well, I know *I* was...) :)

Kinda bummed, but I'll live with it. I'll be down there in early December, and was hoping to get to see both the refurbed Mansion and SSE. But I'll be happy with just Mansion. I know I'll be back down in June. :)

Of course, when it *does* reopen, it'll be VERY tempting to read about it online and watch videos like I did for Mansion. When it was scheduled to re-open in November I knew I'd be able to stay away from the videos for those 2-3 weeks. Don't know if I can make it 3-4 months without peeking. :animwink:

-Rob

AEfx

It's interesting. You can tell they just updated it, because October only lists SSE as down for the 25th-31st, but it's clearly been down before that.

They messed up updating November, though, because Epcot now shows no operational closures (as of 1:20ish AM EST) until Dec. when SSE is listed down for the whole month, as Merf pointed out.

I'm glad they are getting this out now, it's a shame it's going to take so long but hopefully it will be worth it (and they fix Nov's calendar so people aren't thinking it's open - if I followed the advice I got from my e-mail from Disney to "keep checking" I'd be thinking it was going to be open on my trip).

AEfx

the-reason14

Wow, when I heard that it was behind on here I was thinking and hoping that someone was really misinformed, but until then dang. I guess, Ill most def. be taking a trip to WDW in Feb now, I was hoping it would be open for my possibly upcoming christmas trip, but oh well.

Rob562

It's interesting. You can tell they just updated it, because October only lists SSE as down for the 25th-31st, but it's clearly been down before that.

They messed up updating November, though, because Epcot now shows no operational closures (as of 1:20ish AM EST) until Dec. when SSE is listed down for the whole month, as Merf pointed out.

The website calendar removes each day's info after that day passes (at least for the refurbs, never looked at the hours). So when you looked at the refurb list, it was showing you that it was closed today through the end of the month.

And I noticed the lack of anything in November. Must be a temporary glitch. I'm sure it'll be fixed tomorrow.

-Rob

TinkerBell9988

Oh no!!!!

February 18?!?!

I'm not happy... :(

They better have a darn good reason for this... :lookaroun:

But if Tomorrow's Child comes back, then its worth the wait, :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom