Spring Break Crowds In March

Ckaitlin16

If your planning

If you are planning to go to WDW this week look for bigger crowds then normal for the off season because most of the High school Juniors and Seniors will not becoming to school (for FCAT or Florida's standerdized testing) because they do not need to. I myself as a junior am going to Disney on tuesday.

Oh and don't worry about Orlando's spring break unless you are coming the second week of April, thats when we go on break.

Upvote 0

Mikester71

Does anyone have a guess on how crowded it will be next week the 15th-21st?

Could be pretty crowded due to alot of Canada's Spring/March Break. We will be one of MANY Canadians down there next week and I know the last two trips during our Spring Break, the parks seemed pretty busy to me. Of course I have only been twice in my life and both times were during that week, so I have nothing to really compare it to. :ROFLOL:

Upvote 0

tink68

I have a question about Spring Break. We were planning on going in March 2010 but have now discovered that we could go Oct 8th-13th 2009 because of a long break for school (Columbus Day weekend) and my daughter would only miss 1 day of school. Which would you choose? 5 days in Oct with 4 days in the park or Spring Break for 6 days with 5 days in the park? Help. :shrug:
Thanks

Upvote 0

kodastar

:sohappy:
Pretty crowded. I was there last week and it was already busy. I would expect pretty sizeable crowds.

Of course its was crowded this week they had the princess marathon and the cheerleader comp all week I know someone that is there now leaving saturday..

I am leaving this saturday so hopefully all those will be gone

Upvote 0

phenom1307

:sohappy:

Of course its was crowded this week they had the princess marathon and the cheerleader comp all week I know someone that is there now leaving saturday..

I am leaving this saturday so hopefully all those will be gone

I'm leaving this saturday for disney as well. I hope the crowds are gone...but if not, oh well at least i'm at disney.

Upvote 0

gnuts0306

Wait Times

we just got back from disney...we stayed march 5th-12th...wait times were amazing...we didnt wait longer than 10-20 minutes for anything...if that! :ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL:

Upvote 0

Ausdaddy

we just got back from disney...we stayed march 5th-12th...wait times were amazing...we didnt wait longer than 10-20 minutes for anything...if that! :ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL:[/QUOTE

I was there on March 5th-7th. Don't you think you're exaggerating a bit? It wasn't terrible, but the waits were longer than your reporting. Space Mountain, TSMM, etc. were 40 minutes, at least. I can't speak for the 8th-12th.

Upvote 0

drp4video

Just got back yesterday. Was there March 9th -13th. This posts explains why we saw so many little princesses..lol. What is the princess marathon?

I didn't think it was that crowded. We waited mostly 5-15 minutes. A few rides were 30, and space mountain was 40. Didn't do Pan, but it was 40. Only went to DHS and MK. Used FP for Splash as that was a 60 minute wait on THursday. TM was only 30. Walked on Buzz, Pirates, Philharmagic, CP, Stitch, wait of 20 for Haunted Mansion. Not bad. Tower of Terror did a few times, 10 minute wait, walked on GMR, 30 minutes for RNR, walked into Muppets. As we usually go during peak times at CHristmas and in the Summer, this was not bad at all. Weather was awesome too. 83-37 and sunny every day.

(we did go to Islands of Adventure, and it was really dead. Walked onto every ride with no more than 5-10 minute waits, including Spiderman and Hulk, did Dinosauer twice-no wait)

Upvote 0

Ausdaddy

Just got back yesterday. Was there March 9th -13th. This posts explains why we saw so many little princesses..lol. What is the princess marathon?

I didn't think it was that crowded. We waited mostly 5-15 minutes. A few rides were 30, and space mountain was 40. Didn't do Pan, but it was 40. Only went to DHS and MK. Used FP for Splash as that was a 60 minute wait on THursday. TM was only 30. Walked on Buzz, Pirates, Philharmagic, CP, Stitch, wait of 20 for Haunted Mansion. Not bad. Tower of Terror did a few times, 10 minute wait, walked on GMR, 30 minutes for RNR, walked into Muppets. As we usually go during peak times at CHristmas and in the Summer, this was not bad at all. Weather was awesome too. 83-37 and sunny every day.

(we did go to Islands of Adventure, and it was really dead. Walked onto every ride with no more than 5-10 minute waits, including Spiderman and Hulk, did Dinosauer twice-no wait)

It's the women's marathon. I agree with most of your wait times. I had a decent wait for GMR and Buzz, though.

Upvote 0

NiarrNDisney

I'm there Thursday the 26th how are the crowds through the 30th? I know Saturday will probably be pretty bad since it's during the weekend but any other info would be great. Thanks!

Upvote 0

PLeyava

Fridays through Sundays seem to be busy, yes, even Sunday. I worked today and we had over 50,000 cherished friends in the Magic Kingdom today.

And I saw a 100 minute wait the other day for Test Track...although that could have been wrong.

Upvote 0

Sammie

We are at Disney now:) MK was really busy on Sun they stayed open an extra hour, wait times for Space mountain, Toy Story, Thunder Mountain, Pooh, Peter Pan was 60 mins. Went to Epcot before going over to watch the launch, by 10am Soarin was 45 min wait Test Track 60 mins. Still great to be here :wave:

Upvote 0

Kobe!!

Just got back about 3 hours ago from my trip from the 13-17.

I did not wait longer then 45 mins for any of the rides.

TODAY however, (St. Patrick's Day 17th) I was at MK, at 9:45 and a lot of the rides had waits of about an hour at this early time in the park.

At about 10:30 at Epcot Test Track was 80 mins and the fast past was at roughly 5:30 to the 6:30 time slot and Soarin was ALREADY sold out for the day!

At 11:15 at DHS Toy Story was sold out and Rock N Roller coaster was 80 mins.

I believe this is the spring break week!
BE PREPARED TO BE IN LINES ALL DAY!

Upvote 0

Mrs.PhD

We got back a few weeks ago :cry:. We were there Feb 27th to March 7th.

I thought the crowds were well, strange. It felt like the walkways were really busy most of the time. Other times you had the park to yourself.

The lines and wait times were not bad at all. We used fast pass often, but normally the window was just an hour later. The only one that seemed to run out of fast passes quickly was Toy Story Mainia. We got a fast pass for that, and grabbed another before we even road it. So we did get on it twice.

For most rides the line was never longer then 45 min (except TSM.)

So while it felt like there was a lot of people there, it was really manageable. Even buses and parades crowds weren't too bad.

However it was down right cold for 4 of our 9 days. We packed for one cool day, so we were cold and wearing the same clothes for 4 days! I wish I hard warmer shoes. We did have coats and gloves and wore them!

Upvote 0

Tiftay

Ok,

We are on our way to Disney now...(actually in Florida, going to see Manatees tomorrow morning). I let you know how our times were as our family see things...here is our schedule. (let me know if you think it sounds good)

(3/27-4/1)
Friday - DHS
Saturday - Epcot (it suppose to rain probably towards evening)
Sunday - AK
Monday - Epcot
Tuesday - MK
Wednesday - MK

We are planning to get hoppers so we might pop over to some of the rides we like and try them in the evening and see some parades.

Tiftay

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom